What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Not as comforted as you by the thought of Moose and Fui riding to our rescue but I do have hopes for Billy Burns and Sullivan. Agree with Para 2- Cronulla's backline movement of the ball with Kennedy chiming in is a thing of beauty- precise, accurate and at pace causing panic in the opposition. Many teams including the Dragons are unfortunately obsessed with block plays and clunky side to side movement that fools no one. Guile and creativity as demonstrated by the clever English backrowers (Malcolm Reilly was the best) have largely disappeared from the game.
agree.…and the game is the poorer for it!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
He wanted 5 years, we offered him 3.

I’m no genius, but after how well we went after 2009, I think the brain’s trust should have extended him immediately.

as opposed to Hook who has done f**k all and gets extended even before a game is played.

damn it’s hard to be a Saints supporter.
Come on guys. It was 11 years ago. Move on. Even the Dragons only won 11 years in a row and then had to move on!

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
1. Tyrell Sloan – proudly sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai – proudly sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Moses Suli – proudly sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – proudly sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – proudly sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Talatau Amone – proudly sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – proudly sponsored by Belle Property
8. Francis Molo – proudly sponsored by Deicorp
9. Moses Mbye – proudly sponsored by St George Food Distributors
10. Blake Lawrie – proudly sponsored by TLE Alexandria
11. Jack Bird – proudly sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jack Gosiewski – proudly sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
13. Tariq Sims – proudly sponsored by DEMOCO

Interchange:
14. Jack de Belin – proudly sponsored by TripADeal
15. Josh Kerr – proudly sponsored by Jamesons Strata Management
16. Jackson Ford – proudly sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Aaron Woods – proudly sponsored by Gym Solutions
18. Tautau Moga
19. Poasa Faamausili
20. Daniel Alvaro
21. Andrew McCullough
22. Jaiyden Hunt
23. Jonathon Reuben
24. George Burgess

Unavailable for selection –​

Billy Burns (foot) – Round 5
Jayden Sullivan (hamstring) – Round 5
Jaydn Su'A (suspended) – Round 5
Tyrell Fuimaono (suspended) – Round 6
Josh McGuire (suspended) – Round 6
Max Feagai (ankle/leg) – indefinite
Cody Ramsey (hamstring) – indefinite

jeffdragon

Bench
Would of gone for Moga on the wing.
Put Burgess in the 17 in place of Ford.
Sua and moose back quickly and Gosiewski and Ford hopefully won't be needed.

possm

Coach
Come on guys. It was 11 years ago. Move on. Even the Dragons only won 11 years in a row and then had to move on!
The Dragons did not have to move on. Our club was split and diluted twice when Cronulla was admitted to the NRL and then again when Illarra was admitted.

Could not beat us fair and square, had to reduce the size of our club's territory to weaken us.

kit66

Bench
1. Tyrell Sloan – proudly sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai – proudly sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Moses Suli – proudly sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – proudly sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – proudly sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Talatau Amone – proudly sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – proudly sponsored by Belle Property
8. Francis Molo – proudly sponsored by Deicorp
9. Moses Mbye – proudly sponsored by St George Food Distributors
10. Blake Lawrie – proudly sponsored by TLE Alexandria
11. Jack Bird – proudly sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jack Gosiewski – proudly sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
13. Tariq Sims – proudly sponsored by DEMOCO

Interchange:
14. Jack de Belin – proudly sponsored by TripADeal
15. Josh Kerr – proudly sponsored by Jamesons Strata Management
16. Jackson Ford – proudly sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Aaron Woods – proudly sponsored by Gym Solutions
18. Tautau Moga
19. Poasa Faamausili
20. Daniel Alvaro
21. Andrew McCullough
22. Jaiyden Hunt
23. Jonathon Reuben
24. George Burgess

I hate tipping against the Dragons but if this is the team that runs out we'll get flogged.
It's an even weaker team than last week, especially the pack, Gosiewski's positional play in defence is terrible, Sims isn't a lock, his best position is 2nd row so why the hell is JG given his jersey. Even Kerr's a better 2nd row option than JG. Mbye was an abject failure at 9, we lost the game primarily because we had no hooker and no momentum. Mbye's service was slow, awkward, inaccurate and predictable which saw our players get a pass from dummy half almost flatfooted and 3-4 metres behind the play the ball getting smashed almost as soon as they got the ball, not even looking like making the advantage line.
If McCullough is available he must play or at the very least Sullivan with Mbye on the bench.
And why the hell would Ford be ahead of Burgess in the pecking order.
I'd have JDB starting lock, Woods & Molo starting props, 2nd row of Bird and Sims/Kerr. That would give us some size and momentum. We have to give Hunt and the kids room to work. McC or Bud to 9.
Bench - Burgess, Lawrie, Sims/Kerr, Mbye.
Out - JG, Ford.
I'm really starting to doubt Hook's ability.

We need to combine the flair from the Charity Shield, the passion from the Panthers game and the discipline (or better even) from last week to get a win but we'll probably get the latter two back to front.

slippery5

Juniors
Amone better pull his finger out as his opposite no 6 (Dylan Brown) will wipe his ass this week. Need Burgess in the 17...i dont understand Feagai whne you have Moga and Rueben in the wings waiting for a chance...both animals
Rueben has a Development contract, so would have to get special circumstances for him to play b4 June 30, I think?

Last edited:

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Amone better pull his finger out as his opposite no 6 (Dylan Brown) will wipe his ass this week. Need Burgess in the 17...i dont understand Feagai whne you have Moga and Rueben in the wings waiting for a chance...both animals
Try watching ressies you'll get ur answer

Twenty10

Juniors
Sometimes I think back to what made the 2010 team so good. It wasn't just the fact that we had the world's best coach at the time:
The brick wall defense worked so well.
Sowards long kicks to the corner and generally his kicking game turned the opposition around.
Speed to burn in attack.
A forward pack with a tough under-belly.

Bennett brought a winning formula with him and we dismantled it as soon as he left.
Add the worlds best fullback at the time… international wingers AND centres… I mean… PLEASE. We had an unbelievable roster.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I hate tipping against the Dragons but if this is the team that runs out we'll get flogged.
It's an even weaker team than last week, especially the pack, Gosiewski's positional play in defence is terrible, Sims isn't a lock, his best position is 2nd row so why the hell is JG given his jersey. Even Kerr's a better 2nd row option than JG. Mbye was an abject failure at 9, we lost the game primarily because we had no hooker and no momentum. Mbye's service was slow, awkward, inaccurate and predictable which saw our players get a pass from dummy half almost flatfooted and 3-4 metres behind the play the ball getting smashed almost as soon as they got the ball, not even looking like making the advantage line.
If McCullough is available he must play or at the very least Sullivan with Mbye on the bench.
And why the hell would Ford be ahead of Burgess in the pecking order.
I'd have JDB starting lock, Woods & Molo starting props, 2nd row of Bird and Sims/Kerr. That would give us some size and momentum. We have to give Hunt and the kids room to work. McC or Bud to 9.
Bench - Burgess, Lawrie, Sims/Kerr, Mbye.
Out - JG, Ford.
I'm really starting to doubt Hook's ability.

We need to combine the flair from the Charity Shield, the passion from the Panthers game and the discipline (or better even) from last week to get a win but we'll probably get the latter two back to front.
Agree we are up against it-Amone is struggling and Mbye maybe be considered a utility player by the club but I'm yet to see him perform exceptionally in any position last year at the Tigers or this year. That is half of our spine.

However, to be fair the modern game is so devastatingly fast that the loss of a player for ten minutes can signal curtains and poor old Hook has been on the receiving end of some appalling sin bin decisions with possibly our most impactive forward. Perhaps if he blew up more like Bellamy, he might keep all his troops on the field as bellyache did with Asafa Solomona last weekend.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I struggle with having Gosiewski and Ford in the squad.
If Burgess has not been stood down pick him.
Also i would have Moga or a young Jayden Hunt instead of Ford.
I just don't think Ford is NRL standard.
Burns, McGuire , Sullivan, Sua all out does not help.
Looking forward to have a full squad to pick from.

BBTB

Juniors
I struggle with having Gosiewski and Ford in the squad.
If Burgess has not been stood down pick him.
Also i would have Moga or a young Jayden Hunt instead of Ford.
I just don't think Ford is NRL standard.
Burns, McGuire , Sullivan, Sua all out does not help.
Looking forward to have a full squad to pick from.
Your right, Ford is very overrated. Nowhere near busy enough. Had Mile of chances, times up. Goodbye
Ford.

Latest posts