What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + voting

betcats

Referee
I feel bad for ur fans who cant get to the games, gotta f**ken listen to hadly the merkin, ruining the second game for me every week.

Edit: Having Locky there makes up for it a bit for u guys

IBA

Juniors
Gotta feel for Yow Yeh. That was absolutely sickening. Poor kid.

Speaking of absolutely sickening, lets hope the reffing picks up in this second half.

COME ON BRONCS

hellteam

First Grade
Really solid win, Hunt massively surprised me. Although he is playing better then macca, he should stay on the bench because he is providing a good spark when he comes on

3 Hoffman
2 Hunt
1 Hannant

user_nat

Coach
About 5 players whom I want to give points to. Will have to think about it.

Really happy to get the win there. Things were looking pretty terrible for most the first half (as with every other game this year, including trials).

josh1111

Juniors
Best win of the season, poor Yow Yeh hope he can come back where he left off next season. Refs were dead set disgraceful in the first half.
3. Hoffman
1. Gillett
1. Thiday
1. Hannatt

broncos70

Juniors
3. Mcguire
2. Wallace
1. Hunt

Gillett, hannant, hoffman also very good.

Hunt is proving everyone wrong. Loved him from the beginning.

Gillett didn't get too much ball but was fantastic. He's gotta be the lock!

Hoffman did a really good fullbacks job of supporting everything and being in a lot of places..Don't think he was the best though

Country Bronco

Juniors
One of the best wins I've seen by the Broncos against adversity. Poor ref decisions, injury and luck was against us. I think Gillett turned it around for us. I say this cause he came on and not pulled off two smashing hits but also looked dangerous everytime he got the ball and then before halftime scored which was icing on the cake.Much more dynamic in attck tonight than previous weeks. I had thought we needed to attack through the middle of the ruck more with short passes and runners like Hoffman. Our defence was a winner again. We kept on showing up time after time, we covered well and we learnt from mistakes. My thoughts are with Yow Yeh. Hopefully he comes back much better after this injury. His spot will be there for him.

1 Gillett
1 Hunt
1 McGuire
1 Hoffman
1 Beale
1 Thaiday

Would like to give out more votes but done my quota.

CaneToad

Juniors
Wow!!
What a tough performance.
Everything went against us in the first half.
Some seriously poor refereeing including and absolutely BS sin bin
Then Yow Yehs break - I was eating my dinner when it happened and I nearly hurled when I saw the replay...
To be down by only 1 try at half time was a huge effort and I knew we were in it up to our gills...
The second half defensive performance was our best defensive effort so far this season and hopefully a sign of things to come.
To beat them 16-zip in the second half on top of that defensive effort was massive.
Hook will be a very satisfied man tonight.
Geez he is building a team that could be one of the best Broncos teams yet.
Beale was excellent when he took Y-Ys place on the right wing. He was solid in defense, safe under the kicks and kept his position perfectly to be ready to score when he had the chance. His finishing was also spot on. Maybe he has been playing on the wrong wing?
I guess we will find out now that Y-Y will be out for probably the season - it will be interesting to see if Hook keeps him on the right wing.
I wonder if this will see Gagai get a spot - does he prefer right or left wing?
Our forwards were solid and I thought Andersons effort was great except for the drop playing the ball.
The Polar Bear was outstanding again and Gillette is gonna be called Missile Matty the way he is killing em in defence. Big wraps to my favourite forward Josh Mcguire and also to Teo and Glenn. Sammy is working his arse off doing what Corey normally does and getting very little recognition for it but he knows his job. Macca is also doing well most of the time.
I do agree that Ben Hunt was great during his time on and Wallace had another solid game with some important kicks at the critical times. I am enjoying watching Norman develop and he put himself in the perfect spot to pass to Beale for his try after the line-break opened up the Bunnies.
I reckon Norman has watched hours of Locky videos and he has learnt alot already - be patient with him and he might just be a real find for the future - Hook isn't stupid.
All in all I couldnt be happier with what I have seen so far and I am a patient man. It is only round 4 and we have a long slog ahead with a bunch of kids with huge hearts and some key guys showing them the way. I still worry about our organisation in attack but it's early days yet....
3. Hoffman - made the difference
2. Beale - made it count
1. McGuire - made an impact every time in attack and defence
Honorable mentions the the Polar Bear for his workrate and Reed and Wallace for their toughness and showing up when they were needed

Going down to church next week to see the Dragons game and hoping for another good win!!! - I F%*$&^G HATE the Dragons :)

ranga68

Juniors
Very hard fought win but a big defensive effort got them through the game. Ben Hunt had the spark required and moved the team forward. Mcguire and hannat did very well in both defence and attack Mcguire just pipping hannant in both. Wallace is showing good leadership signs and Hoffy did well at the back.

3 to Mcguire for topping both the tackle count and metres gained by the forwards
2 hannant who was a very close second
1 wallace
1 Hoffy
1 hunty

Nightward

Juniors
Poor bugger, Yow Yeh.

Not a good look, and an injury like that may well scrub him for the season.

The refereeing was an absolute atrocity, so I gave up just before half-time. Apparently I should have stuck with it.

I suppose the only silver lining here is that it eases selection pressures on the bench. I'd still rather have Yow Yeh, though; here's hoping he has a speedy and complete recovery.

DeeJ

Bench
3. Hannant
2. Wallace
1. Hunt

Special mention to Gillett, when is he going to get a starting spot already? I was impressed with our scrambling defense tonight as well.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Truly upset for Yippy Yo. I'm no doctor but it looks like he'll be lucky to make it back. Ever. Became one of my faves for Brisbane and QLD in quick time. The kid's all heart, though, so if it's at all possible, he'll be back. Good win by the lads.

lockyno1

Post Whore
3- Wallace
2- Hunt
1- Hoffman
Mention-Thaiday, McGuire, Gillett and I though Norman was getting better again.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Gillett has been robbed of MOTM two weeks running now in my view. He is doing what Thaiday should be doing, putting on some big hits and doing some strong runs to spark the team.

Thaiday is not captain material imo. Has too many stupid mistakes in him, dropping the ball when getting up to play the ball and throwing these redicuously risky offloads that rarely come off. He should concentrate first on getting some strong runs, Gillett and McGuire are killing him in that department.

And with all the bad ref decisions do you not think that Thaiday should be having a bit of a chat to the ref. At least it puts a bit of pressure on the Ref to try and even things up, let him know he's made a terrible decision. Don't know how Crocker doesn't end up in the bin even though we scored that try, given the precedent he set with Reed.

It was a massive effort to somehow get back from all the adversity in the 2nd half. To be honest I didn't see how we were going to win, but the boys found a way some how.

4. Gillett
1. McGuire
1. Hoffman

Re: Yow Yeh. No one likes to see that kind of sh!t happen to a player. Hodges was great there.

diddi kong

Juniors
i dunno what the complaints about hadlee are, i love him and wally
3. Hoffman
2. Gillett
1. McGuire with hannant just missing out.

Awful for Yow Yeh, no one deserves an injury like that but particularly someone like him, let's just hope we get to see him again.

Lastly, Wallace and Norman aren't gonna cut it long term unless they miraculously improve pretty quickly.

AceAv

Juniors
I have to say. After some average footy, shocking tackles and poor ref decisions. We walked out there in the 2d half and did what had to be done!

Fantastic DF from the ponies to defuse some of the danger. Rabbitoz flaked and we muscled up and got our 5th tackle/line break tries right. We are HOPELESS on offense in there 20m! Wallace just kicks the same old chip bomb, last week it cost us a try, this week it cost us Yow Yeh. We finally got lucky from a Souths mistake, but NFI why we don't focus on our offensive defense like QLD does in their 20m. Just smash em and run em round>then grubber the in goal for a repeat set. -Have not seen this enough.

Hoffman ran like Billy Slater to get that try! Beale looked much better on the wing and I think can build. So sux about YY, but its time for GaiGai! -I get a feeling he will do a better job than YY this year ;). Once again our bench and defensive enthusiasm got us home. Souths looked much more tired by the end..

2. Hoffman
2. Hannant
1. Wallace
1. Gill0

Latest posts