What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4b (2007) Eels v Warriors

Jesbass

First Grade
Natalie's Daddy said:
I had my article ready but a work issue stopped me from posting it.

That's really unfortunate. Hopefully you won't have similar problems next week. :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Eels

eloquentEEL
Graham’s Toolbox
747 words
A tradesman gets his tools on the football field. Very clever play from the halfback.
Score: 92

Prince Charles
A few of my favourite things
750 words
A solid hit up outlining the author's favourite things about footy. No Pulitzer here but well played and an honest effort out wide.
Score: 85

filthy_spammers
Pooling the talent
747 words
In examining the new U/20s comp, the player finds fault and solutions in the one hit up.
A worthy display only hampered by the handling of punctuation mid way through the match.
Score: 86

bartman
The Seven Ages of Fan
750 words
Ah...
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely F7s players
Some excellent set moves. The kids watching at home should take note.
Score: 98

EELS TOTAL: 361

Warriors

Robster
The day tonga almost achieved the unthinkable
743 words
A good match with a difference. How one poor referee decision possibly changed the direction of rugby league in Tonga.
Found offside a couple of times in the area of punctuation and grammar.
Score: 87

Jesbass
Still Paying The Price
738 words
A provocative hit out from the player with the claim that Steve Price's omission from the Kangaroos is because he lured 'Jones' (Stacey Jones) out of retirement. Great effort early on and I immediately wanted to see how this one would pan out. Unfortunately, a lack of support play hampered the player's argument.
A couple of minor knock-ons with the keyboard as well.
Score: 79

Rayroxon
The Cable Guy
749 words
The cosmic connection between F7s players and their celebrities, and the not so big celebrities. Took a little while to get into top gear but ultimately a standout match. Offbeat, neat sidestep, and enjoyable to watch.
A couple of forward passes in the punctuation zone.
Score: 89

mad kiwi elloco bandido
The Fickle Entity of Confidence
741 words
Chiming in nicely, the player shows us the importance of confidence with some slick passing.
A good set of hands throughout.
Score: 90

byrne_rovelli_fan82
Bye bye Marto, Skinny, George and Louis!
755 words
The game plan had merit and there was plenty of flair in the player's approach. But a little too much cross field running for mine. In order to punch holes in the defence, the player needs more go forward and less flash.
Sub total: 75 less 2 word count penalty (according to official word counter)
Score: 73

WARRIORS TOTAL: 418

Warriors 418 defeat Eels 361

POTM: bartman (Eels) 98

Well played everyone :thumn

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Thank you Willow,

sorry I was being such a pain earleir in the other thread.

Well done Warriors good win for us and well done the Eels especially bartman for getting MOM.

bartman

Immortal
Congrats Warriors, well deserved, you guys and girls are having a great season. Cheers for the marking Willow, blushes at POM in this one...

Heads up fellow Eels, still a lot to play for in remaining games! We can beright on the edge and ready to move up if any team slips.

rayroxon

Juniors
Some great articles Eels, well done Bartman for POTM. I reckon we dodged a bullet there for sure. Lucky we dropped Manu for this one :p