What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Scores

the quins have problems due to injuries which would see most clubs struggle. as for the game against leeds i was there and they held there own pretty much until halftime apart from a couple of tries that could have gone either way. as the second half started it was noticable that they were not making many substitutions and this was part of the reason for running out of steam .as it turned out they played the last 15 mins with only 12 players due to there injuries so its not a real suprise that they were so well beaten.
by the way i am a LEEDS supporter so its not an excuse from a disgruntled londoner.

the real suprise this season so far is that castleford are now looking well beaten in matches after the good start they had beating LEEDS . maybe people were right when they called it castlefords cup final and now they have peaked.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
the quins have problems due to injuries which would see most clubs struggle. as for the game against leeds i was there and they held there own pretty much until halftime apart from a couple of tries that could have gone either way. as the second half started it was noticable that they were not making many substitutions and this was part of the reason for running out of steam .as it turned out they played the last 15 mins with only 12 players due to there injuries so its not a real suprise that they were so well beaten.
by the way i am a LEEDS supporter so its not an excuse from a disgruntled londoner.

the real suprise this season so far is that castleford are now looking well beaten in matches after the good start they had beating LEEDS . maybe people were right when they called it castlefords cup final and now they have peaked.

what?

Cas have not been well beaten apart from the Hull and Bradford games when they didn't turn up. The other games have been well contested and they should have beaten Hull KR and had the chance to beat Warrington. 6 points would have put thm level with us after 5.

Also Quins were never in the game against us. It's the most 1 sided game I have ever seen. They never entered our half unless we dropped the ball in it. The score of 14-4 flattered them and it should have been closer to 40-4 with the opertunities we put down. Injuries can be an excuse but there is no excuse for the boring 5 drives and a kick game plan they used. With a weak forward pack they are never going to gain teritory like that.

what?

Cas have not been well beaten apart from the Hull and Bradford games when they didn't turn up. The other games have been well contested and they should have beaten Hull KR and had the chance to beat Warrington. 6 points would have put thm level with us after 5.

Also Quins were never in the game against us. It's the most 1 sided game I have ever seen. They never entered our half unless we dropped the ball in it. The score of 14-4 flattered them and it should have been closer to 40-4 with the opertunities we put down. Injuries can be an excuse but there is no excuse for the boring 5 drives and a kick game plan they used. With a weak forward pack they are never going to gain teritory like that.

if thats the most one sided game you have ever seen then you must be new to the game as the 90 point win over barrow springs to mind and the 110 points against swinton in the cup must be worth a mention to say nothing of some stonking wins over castleford by more than 60 points.
the first half score was about right but dont tell me that leeds were great in the first half as mcguire kicked far to often on the 4th tackle and the standard of backing up was average at best.
as for 5 drives and a kick there is always a place for that in our game and if you look back tp the recent grand finals i think you will find that leeds did not put 2 passes in a row together on many occassions until they had cleard there own 40.
in the second half yes leeds put some great passing into the game but against a beaten team what would you expect them to do . the only thing that game was any good for was improving the points scored total.
as for cas i think that been well beaten by hull and bradford proves my point as they have under achevied after there cup final against us.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
At top level it was the most 1 sided game and even Swinton scored 2 didn't they? Quins never looked like breaking us down and the fact they made 700 metres compared to out 1600 tells the story. They made 300+ tackles and we made 180. 14-4 at HT was only a reflection on our completion percentages because if half the balls had stuck then we have at least 12 points and as many as 18 more. As I said the only reason they got the 4 was because we dropped the ball in our own redzone after Webb couldn't hold the offload from Watkins. Iv seen the majority of Leeds games since 94 when I started going as a kid. Even in the games where you win easy the other team normally apply a small amount of pressure at some point. Quins didn't.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Player: Metres - Carries (MT/Carry) - Tackles - Misses (Efficiency %) - Errors - Penalties

Leeds: 1707 - 249 (6.86) - 180 - 13 (93%) - 13 - 2
Harlequins: 680 - 112 (6.07) - 305 - ? (??%) - 14 - 14

Webb: 147 - 20 (7.35) - 1 - 0 (100%) - 1 - 0

Hall: 85 - 12 (7.08) - 1 - 1 (50%) - 3 - 0
Watkins: 80 - 11 (7.27) - 12 - 1 (92%) - 0 - 0
Senior: 120 - 12 (10.00) - 15 - 0 (100%) - 0 - 0
Bush: 65 - 10 (6.50) - 1 - 0 (100%) - 0 - 0

McGuire: 167 - 23 (7.26) - 5 - 1 (83%) - 2 - 0
Burrow: 65 - 19 (3.42) - 4 - 0 (100%) - 0 - 0

Bailey: 31 - 7 (4.43) - 14 - 0 (100%) - 0 - 0
Diskin: 88 - 17 (5.18) - 18 - 1 (95%) - 1 - 0
Peacock: 161 - 23 (7.00) - 12 - 1 (92%) - 0 - 0
Eastwood: 77 - 11 (7.00) - 16 - 4 (80%) - 2 - 0
Pitts: 2 - 4 (0.50) - 11 - 0 (100%) - 1 - 0
Jones-Buchanan: 89 - 15 (5.93) - 23 - 0 (100%) - 1 - 2

Buderus: 130 - 18 (7.22) - 10 - 1 (91%) - 0 - 0
Lauitiiti: 148 - 17 (8.71) - 8 - 1 (89%) - 0 - 0
Burgess: 135 - 16 (8.44) - 19 - 2 (90%) - 2 - 0
Leuluai: 117 - 14 (8.36) - 10 - 0 (100%) - 0 - 0

Leeds stats for the game courtesy of tvoc on southstander.

Latest posts