What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Vicpanther

Juniors
so we going out for verrills than.. hopeful?
i think thats a long shot. what i would like to see during a non important period is kenny put on some size and play 14. and tiny to hooker. I think kenny could play ok in that roll and he seems to be improving alot. Then when we get some more age into tago or another ressie kenny can drop out. But who really knows what their planning.

Kenny had some solid runs on the weekend.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
i think thats a long shot. what i would like to see during a non important period is kenny put on some size and play 14. and tiny to hooker. I think kenny could play ok in that roll and he seems to be improving alot. Then when we get some more age into tago or another ressie kenny can drop out. But who really knows what their planning.

Kenny had some solid runs on the weekend.
That would be my 1st option if we were not buying outside the club.

Iamback

Coach
It's not a good option, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. There aren't a ton of good hookers available. Lachlan Croker and Jeremy Marshall King are currently starting NRL hookers.

and as such those players will never win a comp

Kilkenny

Coach
Staines plays way tougher. Bevan was having games where he wouldn't chalk up much over 50mtrs on a consistent basis.
Staines needs to add 5kgs and will be fine
Adding weight, muscle mass, without compromising sprint speed is very scientific if you google it. I’m sure our strength and conditioning team are all over it, given that’s there job I guess. Charlie’s got another month I guess to demonstrate he deserves a spot in front of May before Brian’s return. Perhaps To’o may have to earn his spot back thru NSW Cup to begin with.

Adding weight, muscle mass, without compromising sprint speed is very scientific if you google it. I’m sure our strength and conditioning team are all over it, given that’s there job I guess. Charlie’s got another month I guess to demonstrate he deserves a spot in front of May before Brian’s return. Perhaps To’o may have to earn his spot back thru NSW Cup to begin with.
I can’t see any situation where a fully fit SOO winger needs to spend time in NSW Cup; particularly as he will come back (hopefully) a few weeks before SOO.

Likely to need both May and Staines through SOO so I think Staines keeps his place due to his improved play and it is the least disruptive.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I can’t see any situation where a fully fit SOO winger needs to spend time in NSW Cup; particularly as he will come back (hopefully) a few weeks before SOO.

Likely to need both May and Staines through SOO so I think Staines keeps his place due to his improved play and it is the least disruptive.
He's that good he'd get picked for NSW without a game for Penrith

Kilkenny

Coach

It’s called match fitness, earning your position, proving you are good to go.

The fact he played SOO in 2021 doesn’t automatically entitle him to walk straight back into the starting side.

If we are 9-0 with Charlie and Taylan doing the job I’m only suggesting Brian has to earn the right to get his place back. That’s how good sides operate. No entitlement, selection is based on performance.

It’s called match fitness, earning your position, proving you are good to go.

The fact he played SOO in 2021 doesn’t automatically entitle him to walk straight back into the starting side.

If we are 9-0 with Charlie and Taylan doing the job I’m only suggesting Brian has to earn the right to get his place back. That’s how good sides operate. No entitlement, selection is based on performance.
Seems like their are two issue you are referring to. If it is about proving fitness, then they will hold him back rather than play reggies; the sports science has come so far that you don’t need to ‘try it out’ any more. If it is about winning back your place; when was the last time a SOO/international rep (in any team) had to play a game in the reserves to prove fitness and win back their spot?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Seems like their are two issue you are referring to. If it is about proving fitness, then they will hold him back rather than play reggies; the sports science has come so far that you don’t need to ‘try it out’ any more. If it is about winning back your place; when was the last time a SOO/international rep (in any team) had to play a game in the reserves to prove fitness and win back their spot?

Not in recent memory. It would be the 1990's for such things to happen.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m more than happy for Brian to come straight back in. Shame for whomever has to go but that’s the way it is I guess.