What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Raiders

roofromoz

First Grade
Would like to think that last week was just a blip, where we were at say 80% and Parra were at 120%... we shall wait and see.

Looking forward to the return of the chocolate soldiers tonight, though.

chrisD

Coach
Some good weather for football, hopefully it holds. I like the look of all three teams, we should and I think will win well.

mounty

Juniors
I like to congrats Dalline for hes first grade debut, a good role model to all the panthers youngters coming through ,respect, character, and staying focus.
a star of the future.

Doomednow

Bench
Anyone who said our current halves were no better than Walsh got shown tonight.

Idris played a great game overall. Plum just falls over when he gets to the line. Plenty of other decent performances considering the conditions (still thought there was maybe a little too much dropped ball)

Poor start to the second half, just couldn't get out of our end, but great defensive finish.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I just listened to the game on the radio and was having a heart attack in the last few minutes but great to hear the boys held on. The commentators said our line speed was fantastic all night which is a good sign. Very happy for DWZ to score two in his NRL debut, here's hoping there are many more to come for him!!

Another heart stopper.

DWZ will be hard to unseat from our back line. Was great to have some pace out there.

Mansour another huge effort. I really hope we can re-sign him.

Soward is also really showing up some people who laughed at us signing him. Wallace was solid too.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I thought we were poor - we are still miles away from clicking, and we are still playing bloody Kingston in the second row FFS! - but the Raiders were well worse, so fair enough. Our attack is still very weak, but the conditions obviously didn't help. Go DWZ! Soward and Wallace are so obviously better than Walsh and John, though Wallace offers bugger all in attack.

Pomoz

Bench
It was really noticeable when Manu, Grant and McKendry were off we started to lose ground with our defence. Latimore and Plum run plenty of metres, but we weren't holding the line. Other points:
-Manu still isn't fit and we need him to get a bit of size in the back row.

-We are a much better team when Wallace plays. He brings the best out of Soward.

-Moylan's kick returns are too slow. He doesn't seem to hit top speed and he stands too upright.

-DZW is a cool customer. Makes a few mistakes but still shows up when it counts.

-Our two centres missed zero tackles. Idris is a great defender and surprisingly skilful. He is obviously still not fully fit but he is a great addition to the team.

-Sowards kicking is so good it is like having an extra forward on the bench. He kept Canberra pinned down for many sets.

-Brown needs a spell in reggies. he is off form. At the moment, Peachy offers more.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
I thought we were poor - we are still miles away from clicking, and we are still playing bloody Kingston in the second row FFS! - but the Raiders were well worse, so fair enough. Our attack is still very weak, but the conditions obviously didn't help. Go DWZ! Soward and Wallace are so obviously better than Walsh and John, though Wallace offers bugger all in attack.

Other than setting up the try for DZW obviously.

Latest posts