What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Souths

League guru

Juniors
This will be interesting for the judicary. All of a sudden (and I agree) we have a problem with a player attacking a kicker. They didn't, see a problem with Beau Scott attacking Thurston two weeks ago.

souths_pride

Juniors
^ It doesn't matter what you "think" happened or not, there's a straightforward rule that you can't dive at a kicker's legs. Knucklehead was diving and made contact with the kicker's legs - it's a penalty every time and the ref had no choice but to award it.
Graham should have been sent off as soon as he started screaming at the ref though because that's just not on.
I thought J.Morris was hard done by all night, seemed he got held down too long in every tackle and then that push in the back - big call, or miss-call and I looked at the striking with the foot incident a couple of time and still can't see the actual contact, I'll have to watch it again.

I agree with your post 100%. I think when you hit the standing leg of a kicker then your asking for trouble, pure and simple; its irrelevant whether it is accidental or not. Its sort of like a head high shot; any contact with the head intention or not is a penalty.

To be honest, I'm surprised about all the commotion over the incident. For me, the Reynolds-Graham tackle didn't decide the game - the Bulldog's poor last tackle options and execution is what lost it. The bulldogs had plenty of chances to win and even wrap up the game but both their kicking, organisation and vision on the last tackle let them down. I think from memory in the first half Canterbury bombed at least two good scoring opportunities. In particular, there was one occasion where they had about a 4 man over lap on their left hand side but instead chose to kick instead of spreading it wide. In the second half, Canterbury had numerous sets at South Sydney's goal line due to the Rabbitoh's ill discipline but I can't remember them earning too many repeat sets or asking any real serious questions of Souths' goal line defence; the kicking on the last and the whole execution of Canterbury's last tackle options was poor.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I agree with your post 100%. I think when you hit the standing leg of a kicker then your asking for trouble, pure and simple; its irrelevant whether it is accidental or not. Its sort of like a head high shot; any contact with the head intention or not is a penalty.

To be honest, I'm surprised about all the commotion over the incident. For me, the Reynolds-Graham tackle didn't decide the game - the Bulldog's poor last tackle options and execution is what lost it. The bulldogs had plenty of chances to win and even wrap up the game but both their kicking, organisation and vision on the last tackle let them down. I think from memory in the first half Canterbury bombed at least two good scoring opportunities. In particular, there was one occasion where they had about a 4 man over lap on their left hand side but instead chose to kick instead of spreading it wide. In the second half, Canterbury had numerous sets at South Sydney's goal line due to the Rabbitoh's ill discipline but I can't remember them earning too many repeat sets or asking any real serious questions of Souths' goal line defence; the kicking on the last and the whole execution of Canterbury's last tackle options was poor.

Souths were down by 1 with less than 2 minutes on the clock when awarded a penalty in front 10m out so yeah the Graham penalty decided that game.

However, as you said the dogs had their opportunities and should have put the game beyond the Rabbitohs reach several times in that second half.

krispyredv

Juniors
Bulldogs are a shit team no discipline and think they're above the rules of the NRL. Its about time they got a reality check, they only 1 local junior in the team, how about they rely on their own talent for once in history. I hope graham gets suspended. You cant attack a players legs. He could have charged the ball down or tackled him up high but grubs will always be grubs. Des Hasler teaches his teams to be grubs and therefore the bulldogs are a team of grubs. Happy Easter!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Bulldogs are a shit team no discipline and think they're above the rules of the NRL. Its about time they got a reality check, they only 1 local junior in the team, how about they rely on their own talent for once in history. I hope graham gets suspended. You cant attack a players legs. He could have charged the ball down or tackled him up high but grubs will always be grubs. Des Hasler teaches his teams to be grubs and therefore the bulldogs are a team of grubs. Happy Easter!

:lol: I love how people hate us... Burn, son, burn ;-)

saint.nick

Coach
A crucial call, late in the game, which the players appealed to him about, which he could've asked the video ref to check on the big screen.

Use your brain.

Does the referee give a f**k if players are appealing? It happened in the middle of a big scramble of players, it wasn't that easy to rule on. Souths played the ball by the time there was an opportunity to use the vid ref.

saint.nick

Coach
11134188_10206642757051407_817522355_n.jpg

](*,) contact can be avoided if Graham doesn't dive toward the legs.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Does the referee give a f**k if players are appealing? It happened in the middle of a big scramble of players, it wasn't that easy to rule on. Souths played the ball by the time there was an opportunity to use the vid ref.
All the more reason as to the referee being in the wrong! Crucial moment and not giving a f**k... really competent.

MarkC

Juniors
I thought the Dogs were clearly the better team, in fact they should have won by 10-20.
In some ways they have no one to blame but themselves as they bombed at least 2 clear try scoring opportunities and made other unforced errors.
The reaction of the fans was way over the top and made a bad situation worse.
Yes, the players should treat the refs with more respect, but a better standard of officiating would also help.

saint.nick

Coach
All the more reason as to the referee being in the wrong! Crucial moment and not giving a f**k... really competent.

:lol: Look at the footage. Millard doesn't push anyone. Millard is pushed into another Dogs player by Curtis Rona. But nah, youz are still wobbed :lol:

MarkC

Juniors
We can't do much about the injures.
Hopefully we can get a fair go on some of the charges and may get some reductions, but I am not optimistic.
We do have the depth to cover it, but will be fielding a weakened team for the next 2-3 weeks.
That may cost us a game or 2 but there is still plenty of games left, so we can catch up lost ground.