What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

One change for sure or will he get out of it altogether?

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona is facing a two-match suspension after being hit with a dangerous contact charge by the NRL match review committee.

Simona was charged with a grade two dangerous contact - head/neck charge over a tackle on Cronulla's Jack Bird late in the Sharks' win over the Tigers on Saturday.

He will miss two matches with an early guilty plea and faces a three-match ban if he challenges the charge and loses.
http://www.nrl.com/simona-facing-two-match-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/94497/default.aspx

Tigerted

Juniors
Was just talking about the same thing with a tigers mate of mine while watching tonites game that if Milone gets picked we r f**ked.How the f**k does he even get a gig in nsw cup !

Actually I can c rowdy playing left centre to fill in for Simona's absence.

Clifferd

Coach
Has to be Chee-Kam.

You'd bloody hope so. Think of the worst possible scenario and that is what Taylor will most likely go with though

Imagine sheens ... He'd probably chuck Tedesco into the centres and put rankin to fullback with Lovett on the wing

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was just talking about the same thing with a tigers mate of mine while watching tonites game that if Milone gets picked we r f**ked.How the f**k does he even get a gig in nsw cup !

Actually I can c rowdy playing left centre to fill in for Simona's absence.

Well Taylor put Lovett to center again whilst Teddy was off on Saturday. I can just see 3. Kyle Lovett being read out tomorrow at 5pm

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I really want to see Chee-Kam get a run in the centres. I think he could be a really solid player and allow Simona to go out to Rankins wing. I think Simona has played his best on the wing.

I think that the team selection will be a good test for Taylor and his own confidence as a coach. Up against a team that has conceded 160 points, 40 more than the Tigers. They have also only scored 74 points so far which is also 40 less than the Tigers. This result just might determine his future.

Does his 'weaken' a position by moving a backrower to the centres or does he pick a guy that he bought to the club in Chee Kam?

As for giving someone in the reserves a go, the reserves got a hiding on the weekend but yet again they had a player make the team of the week.

Asipeli Fine (Wests Tigers) In a strong 80-minute performance, Fine made more tackles (35) than anyone else at Henson Park, also notching the second-biggest tally of metres run (142). The 23-year-old was typically damaging with and without the ball and there is no reason why he can’t appear in the NRL again in 2016 – after more than a year out of the top grade.

Vic Mackey

Referee
admittedly ive only seen 7-8 games of nsw cup in the last year but in every game ive seen Fine has been in the top 2-3 players on the field

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Simona is contesting the charge. Out for three games if unsuccessful.

Surely JT will have to chuck in actual back in the position if that's the case.

Tigerm

First Grade
1 James Tedesco
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Kevin Naiqama
5 Jordan Rankin
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Aaron Woods (c)
9 Robbie Farah
10 Tim Grant
11 Dene Halatau
12 Chris Lawrence
13 Sauaso Sue
14 Curtis Sironen
15 Ava Seumanufagai
16 Joshua Aloiai
17 Kyle Lovett

Well he did didn't he? He gave Cherrington the run in reserves he needs and gave the 1st grade team a stronger bench, IMO.

The reserves also see the return of Jesse Parahi all be it as 18th man.

WESTS TIGERS: 1 WATSON HELETA 2 JOSH ADDO-CARR 3 NATHAN MILONE 4 CHANCE PENI 5 JAYDEN WHEELHOUSE 6 JACK LITTLEJOHN 7 JOSH DRINKWATER 8 ROD GRIFFIN 9 MANAIA CHERRINGTON 10 JACK BUCHANAN 11 MICHAEL CHEE-KAM 12 ASIPELI FINE © 13 JOEL EDWARDS 14 JEREMY MARSHALL-KING 15 DALLAS GRAHAM 16 TYLER CASSEL 17 JORDAN GRANT 18 JESSE PARAHI COACH PAUL STRINGER

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hunt or JAC for rankin, Edwards for Lovett and I'm even leaning towards giving aloiai a spell back in new cup for a few weeks with MCK coming in and I think that's as good as we can expect.