What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6

Evil Homer

Staff member
Hull KR 18-31 Wakefield
Wakey bounce back from last week's 52-0 hiding and an 18-6 half-time scoreline to record a good win.

Wigan 48-24 Hull FC
Wigan went 42-6 up then seemed to switch off and Hull got a few consolation tries. Sounded like a great performance after defeat last week.

St Helens 37-30 Crusaders
Great effort from the Crusaders to come back from 36-12 down just after half time, only for Eastmond to snatch it with a late drop goal as they were pushing for a draw. Crusaders have lost to Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens so far this season, the latter three away from home, and so should have a run of easier fixtures now and some new signings to come as well.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
At 36-12 with 20 left it looked that way. Only a couple of easy beats this year though. The rest look competative so far.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Catalans rolled again too. Shame. They have problems by the look of things.

Warrington walking in was not a huge surprise. They must of played some good stuff in the second period though.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Shocking loss for Catalans considering the injuries Cas have. They have apparently lost Greenshields too with a suspected broken ankle. You have to think that will be it for Walters if they lose at Crusaders on Friday, and rightly so because he's taken the team backwards.

Warrington went alright in the second half. Both sides were pretty average in the first period, but Warrington stepped up a gear in the second and Bradford's defence seemed to crumble. Matt King is finally showing some form after two years, he is on fire at the moment.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
'Quins 22 Salford 26. 'Quins led 18-4 at one point.

Huddersfield 26 Leeds 20. Leeds now have a 50% win loss ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Hopelessquins lose to Salford and I can't see where their next win is going to come from. I'm really worried for them.

From a competition point of view, great to see Leeds toppled again and St Helens pushed all the way. Hopefully the other teams can carry their momentum on and we won't see another boring Leeds-Saints final.

Edited your post DP to include the all-important '2' next to Salford's 6 :)

WireMan

Bench
Warrington went alright in the second half. Both sides were pretty average in the first period, but Warrington stepped up a gear in the second and Bradford's defence seemed to crumble. Matt King is finally showing some form after two years, he is on fire at the moment.

First half wasn't very subtle. Both teams just went for it down the middle. Wire decided in the second half we actually have good players out wide and threw the ball out there. The Bulls couldn't handle it. Oh and yes, King is playing awesome at the moment.

deluded pom?

Coach
Hopelessquins lose to Salford and I can't see where their next win is going to come from. I'm really worried for them.

From a competition point of view, great to see Leeds toppled again and St Helens pushed all the way. Hopefully the other teams can carry their momentum on and we won't see another boring Leeds-Saints final.

Edited your post DP to include the all-important '2' next to Salford's 6 :)

Thanks EH, ucking dodgy keyboard. ;-)

Latest posts