What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 (2008) Bluebags v Dragons

_Johnsy

Referee
I am hoping the ref looks at my protest and gives it due consideration. And subsequently marks down the blueballs score accordingly. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Pistol

Coach
Players, coaches and trainers, The Colonel has done a hammy and yours truly will be stepping in to mark the game.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Pistol, do you accept cheques? Or will mysterious women turning up at your door suffice...

:sarcasm:

Pistol

Coach
Dragons

Johnsy with The most amazing ride of your life, but it will cost you. = 84

Comparing footy players to V8 cars….I must say I’m not a big fan of the racing but I do like the comparisons made. A couple of errors here and there but I liked it.

DragonPunk with Can lightning strike twice? = 83

This was a decent look back piece. One thing I did see was in the opening paragraph, where you said, “…I’ll be focusing on one team, the St George Dragons. In 1996 to be honest…” After the full stop there, it would have been better to start a new paragraph as you are starting to make your point. The opening stanza is usually an indicator for what is being written about. I think you’ll also find that when North Sydney won their last title, it was under the first past the post scenario.

Ribs with The Contradiction of Character = 90

I can honestly say, this was a rant which worked. The writer kept his temperament and it paid off with a really good article. Top work.

Juanfarkall with A Great Day. = 87

I find it very rare that when referring to one’s self in the third person pays off but the writer certainly had his payoff here. A good article about enticing one person over to the game.

Dragon_psa with Am I a Traitor? = 85

Indeed a question the writer posed to himself and provided his own F7s experiences as an example. A bit on the fair to middling side.

Baggers

Drewsta with Talk Is Cheap = 86

The beginning of this piece had me thinking of The Final Winter for some reason. I really liked this piece. Good effort

Gorilla with Big Men = 88

Not too sure if your intent was to make me laugh but this raised a few chuckles out of me. Well presented thoughts and feelings. (Is it if the posts are straight, the better chance to score)

Black Kitty with Too Many Cooks and Not Enough Indians? = 86

Being a referee, both F7s and the park footy kind, I can see your argument. Not too sure if I have a God complex, I’m much too good for that ;). One of the things that I learned when I started was to totally disregard anything I see on TV. If I reffed a game like the NRL refs, I would be refereeing the Under 6’s divison 5. I do hate the scrum scenario and the referee constantly telling them to form it properly. If its not formed the first time, ping them I say. Some areas could have fragmented better to flow, but a decent overall dig.

Lossy with Life Though a Concave Lens = 85

The Toyota Cup. A great comp. The writer explains this in a good solid article

Willow with The Working Class Game = 87

For some strange reason, I’ve got a hankering to watch Gung Ho after reading this. The writer explains that Rugby League is like a good meat pie and not caviar and patte. Gives us working men the chance to turn up the pipes and go nuts.

Baggers defeat Dragons 432-429

POTM Ribs

The Preacher

First Grade
What about the protest ??? No good ? Huh ? Brrrrrrrr Humbug !!

3 points..........bloody Bluebag cheaterers.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Well done Ribs, good article. Fantastic effort Dragons, you took us to the edge :D

And Pistol, the Killkenny and chocolate is on it's way :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Excellent work baggers. The Chook Raper Cup stays in the trophy cabinet.

Thanks ref for stepping in.

Tough luck Dragons. A very close contest. Congrats to Ribsy for the POTM.

*shakes hands with the Big D* Hope you pulled up alright after being keel-hauled behind the scrum... what happens on the field, stays on the field.:)

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - Ribs (Dragons) :clap:
2 points - Gorilla (Bluebags) :thumn
1 point - Willow (Bluebags) & Juanfarkall (Dragons) :mrgreen:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cough cough, I believe it was in our trophy cabinet. NOW its in yours temporarily.
Splutter sneeeze, we won in in 2003 when the F7s last had a St George team. We'll keep it dusted for another year. :)

Lossy

Juniors
Well done all and thanks for stepping in at late notice, Pistol. A close game and things will get closer yet as the finals approach.