What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Dolphins vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 13th April 7:50pm @Suncorp Stadium

Thumper

Juniors
'So much going for him' - Wayne Bennett backs Latrell Mitchell for shock positional switch: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...7/news-story/33c2be0f7986b1790679d6952195d99a

Wayne Bennett tipped to torture Souths and dance 'like Mr Burns': https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tips-r...-fittler/8fa701af-01f1-4b78-9b19-5c377beb9d6a
Joey hates south’s. Always has.
I remember we played Newcastle in cairns once and he said the knights were certainties to win. South’s won 50-10.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are again Game Day is upon us as we play on Thursday Night up there at Suncorp. A new rivalry is formed as the oldest club in the NRL take on the newest club in what will be the start of an exciting rivalry. JD against the old master and legend Wayne Bennett both will be very hungry to get one over the other tonight and it promises to be a blockbuster up there at Suncorp. No doubt there will be a big crowd up there. We have some QLD members and fans up there too so there should be a few thousand of them in the crowd. We are 3 and 3 so tonight is another big game I feel it’s a game we need to win we can’t drop games like these and with a very hard 3 games to come the next 3 following weeks the 2 points tonight is so important.

Looking at the Dolphins Bennett has sprinkled his magic dust on them it’s what he does and they’ve all bought into it. It’s been a great start to the season from the Dolphins. He has them playing with real belief and working for one another. Hammer at the back has been sensational for them, they have a strong pack as well who get into the tough yakka, Gilbert, K. Brom, the GOAT Nicholls who is now up there after leaving us will want a massive performance tonight. Young Katoa in the halves is playing well and Isaako on the wing is scoring tried at will. So they have plenty of threats on the park.

For us we get AJ back which is great. We can’t go in expecting an easy games otherwise our pants will be pulled down. We need to come with the right attitude and attention to detail in our game. I’ll start in the forwards and having Jai back is a big in for us. We need to get into the grind complete our sets highly and build pressure in attack and ice our chances. We can’t beat ourselves with too many silly errors ball control as always is key when do complete at 80percent we all know what the boys can do. We are currently the 3rd best team defensively poinuts wise conceded in the NRL. I don’t wanna see the boys slacken off here we need to keep defending well and working for one another.

WHETHER YOU ARE AT THE GAME OR HAVE MADE THE TRIP UP TO QLD OR WHETHER YOU ARE AT HOME EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET TONIGHT AT 7:48PM LETS URGE THE BOYS HOME TO ANOTHER VICTORY SHOUT AND CHANT YOUR LUNGS OUT!!!! GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS PHINS DOWN BABY!!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
If we fail to defeat Burt's mob with Kodi Nikorima at 5/8 and some of their back row forwards, we may as well quit right here. Just stop.
However you choose to forecast this one its a MUST win contest, given the three next games looming up.

callmack1

Staff member
This is it!! It's time!

Go out there with the right attitude and get this job done lads, we cannot afford to drop this one.

Let's get one over Wayne and start the history with the Dolphins on the right note!

Glory, Glory!!!

Nafedogg

Juniors
Kodi is carving us up haha. Where is our go forward? Can’t even get over the halfway line. We just look slow.

Travitoh

First Grade
I get that the first half was frustrating but The never put us away while they had momentum. They almost played the perfect first half and only led due to our errors.

Our defensive efforts in the first half were great given the lack of territory we had. We know we're streaky and as long as we can stay in contests, we'll grab momentum and run with it when opportunities arise.

If we can cut out the unnecessary errors that have plagued us in the opening weeks, we'll be right up there at the end of the season.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I get that the first half was frustrating but The never put us away while they had momentum. They almost played the perfect first half and only led due to our errors.

Our defensive efforts in the first half were great given the lack of territory we had. We know we're streaky and as long as we can stay in contests, we'll grab momentum and run with it when opportunities arise.

If we can cut out the unnecessary errors that have plagued us in the opening weeks, we'll be right up there at the end of the season.
Agreed, except for the last Dolphin try, that was poor D by DSF at marker and Trell in just behind him.
I thought our halves changed the game straight after half time, and Arrow, after he knocked the rust off, made a big impact, as did Sele again.

callmack1

Staff member
Yewwwwwwww what a friggin win in the end!!!!! How bloody good!! We get one over Wayne and the new club, that's pretty damn sweet.

But man, that game is the definition of 'a tale of two halves.' The first 40 was pretty poor. No energy, no go forward and we were being absolutely dominated. It honestly looked like we had nothing, just going through to motions again. Very poor.

However, it was a COMPLETELY different story in the second half. It was like a flick switched and a whole new team came out. Suddenly, we looked unstoppable!! A fantastic second half. That's us right there!

I'll talk more about it when I do my review, bed time now, but man I am just so happy to win that one!! We needed it.