What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

betcats

Referee
Luke was good but we know he can attack. We didn't learn much

He will never be Api or even Kenny defensively but I think he can be good enough, gotta see more of him but I think they are doing the right thing give Kenny a few weeks of 80 mins in reserve grade and let soni get some fg experience.

Anyway good win, our attack was probably only working at 80 percent but that second half defence was absolutely relentless

Smug Panther

First Grade
He will never be Api or even Kenny defensively but I think he can be good enough, gotta see more of him but I think they are doing the right thing give Kenny a few weeks of 80 mins in reserve grade and let soni get some fg experience.

Anyway good win, our attack was probably only working at 80 percent but that second half defence was absolutely relentless
Oh 100% great squad management. Need to see what he has.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Wow very good performance. As Kilkenny has said in the past we have had a lot of very ordinary years. Really love the effort especially in defence and the back 5 who make huge metres. Very good win!!
The only blight was the comical error from Edwards and Eisenhuth.

Black Diamond

Juniors

And you can work that out in his first 20 minutes in FG. We've all seen what playing in this team can do for ordinary players and this bloke has plenty of potential. Give the bloke a break

Iamback

Coach

Kenny needs to improve 1000% on what he dished up today

chrisD

Coach
Good to see Luke be blooded, Fish getting a bigger rest and Lenui get more minutes. I’d like to see Kiks get rested too and if Salmon is going to play finals then him more minutes as well.

Nice day for a final Sunday arvo at Penrith Park.

martielang

Bench
Crichton was good,. but he is starving his winger. IF he passes, it's usually too late or behind/over his winger.

Agree. Still think Crichton has been a bit underwhelming. Bit Waqa Blakeish with the ball tbh but with much better hands.

Thought Kiks had a stormer.

age.s

First Grade
Very happy with the win. Love beating those bastards. Niggly, grubby team at the best of times and they turn it up a notch for us. I find the ref whining shtick from their fans less amusing than others too. I know it won't be like this forever but its very satisfying to lay into clubs like theirs atm.

Second half defense was a highlight. That set where they started and finished it on their 5m was epic. Overall, just like many games in the past few years. We're a rung above a committed opposition, but just slowly strangle the life out of them rather than blowing them off the park like we would at our best. Never really felt close despite the scoreline being thereabouts for quite a while.

Luke was very promising. I dont really rate Kenny, so being able to get a contribution on that level from within the existing squad will help enormously as we look to replace the impact we lose with Kikau. Look forward to seeing what Luke offers over the Origin period, because as Smug rightly points out Freddy would have to be more baked than usual to even consider picking Cook on current form.

Last but not least, 21 straight home wins. Holy shit, what a time to be alive.