What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Sharks

Here we go again.
I expect Moylan, Blake, Hiku, Fish back, there is a possible outside chances of Peach and Carty also returning.
Be a big ask. Our only hope is a committed effort and the hope the Sharks would have used up a bit of petrol in yesterday's physical clash with Melbourne.

Id drop the whole pack aside from Yeo and CHN if it was possible. Merrin has been especially awful. Fire up you peahearts

Merrin has been disappointing this year. I wonder if his calf is still giving him problems? I thought against the Knights a few weeks ago he had problems early on in the match.

chrisD

Coach
We are reduced to hoping Cronulla don't turn up really. Which isn't out of the question I don't think, they played the other best team in the comp besides themselves, away, in awful conditions, and were comprehensively the better and winning team. It should be hard for them to get up for lowly us after that. I hope.

The yak

Juniors
We are reduced to hoping Cronulla don't turn up really. Which isn't out of the question I don't think, they played the other best team in the comp besides themselves, away, in awful conditions, and were comprehensively the better and winning team. It should be hard for them to get up for lowly us after that. I hope.

Gould's comment of them being lucky to win the premiership last year and his constant bagging of Gallen. I am sure that will fire them up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gould's comment of them being lucky to win the premiership last year and his constant bagging of Gallen. I am sure that will fire them up.
I'm sure Segeyaro will want to stick it to us aswell. Lewis, Graham and Latimore.... they're not going to be lacking motivation to beat us. Players love to fire up against former clubs. I expect they will come out and destroy us. A bit like Gordon for the Roosters.

Honestly our season could be all but over after this weekend. 2 wins for 5 losses. Best we could hope for from there is to scrape into the top 8 and we wouldn't really deserve to be premiership contenders.This game is must win for us. Can't just bully the bottom sides and have nothing for the other teams.

Moylan, Hiku, Blake, JFH and Peachey trained today. No Cartwright. I still think we are locks for the Top 8 personally but Top 4 is fading very fast and almost gone.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Storm, Sharks, Raiders, and Cowboys undoubtedly have better teams than us (though the latter aren't showing it). I think we are about even with the Roosters and Broncos. The worrying thing is the number of teams that I would have thought were weaker looking better than us

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm, Sharks, Raiders, and Cowboys undoubtedly have better teams than us (though the latter aren't showing it). I think we are about even with the Roosters and Broncos. The worrying thing is the number of teams that I would have thought were weaker looking better than us
Dragons the best example. Supposedly shit coach. Poor halves pairing. One dimensional fullback. Average backline yet they look 10 times better than us.

They have been by far the most imoressive team this year. Vaughan was a much better buy than Tamou.

Still locks for the top 8? we are in massive trouble

our form guide for 2017 reads
dragons 42-10 loss (pretty bad loss but dragons should be making the 8 this year)
tigers 36-2 win (yes the tigers were very bad but our defensive grit in this game at the end in particular was very good)
roosters 14-12 loss (unlucky to lose)
knights 40-0 win (again defence very good when could have very easily conceded lazy points)
storm 24-6 loss (storm class above, would have beaten most other teams on that night)
rabbitohs 21-20 loss (obviously moylan and co. gone, yet despite being dominated only lost by 1)

we dont have the hardest draw to come. if im speculating i would say
CRO (LOSS), PAR (WIN), BRI (50/50, WITH HUNT OUT WIN), NZ (WIN), KNI (WIN), DOG (WIN), CAN (LOSS), COW (LOSS), RAB (50/50), MAN (WIN), NZ (50/50 AS ITS IN NZ), GLD (DANGER GAME, LOSS), DOG (WIN), TIG (WIN), COW (LOSS), CAN (LOSS), STG (50/50 AT HOME SO SMALL WIN), MAN (WIN)

Give or take that is around 10-12 wins, 6 losses and 2 byes. That would see us finish on 28-32 points. Some of the games I have put down as losses eg. Cows and Canberra at home albeit in Bathurst and the Gold Coast are winnable. I guess I will find out in the next 4 weeks what our chances are because if we don't win at least 3 but preferably 4 of the games v PAR, BRI, NZ, KNI AND DOG we are in trouble.

Dragons the best example. Supposedly shit coach. Poor halves pairing. One dimensional fullback. Average backline yet they look 10 times better than us.

They have been by far the most imoressive team this year. Vaughan was a much better buy than Tamou.

Dragons forward pack is doing them wonders so far.

TheFrog

Coach
Three years ago the Titans led the comp outright after 6 rounds, before finishing 14th. There is a very long way to go. I am confident we will turn our season around this week with a strong win over the Sharks.

Big Mick

Referee
If JFH comes back and Hiku still makes the bench that will do me. Leave him reserve grade he's not even committed to fighting for a spot and we have better bench options. CHN can play centre he offers enough versatility to cover the back line.

f**king this.

Hiku is a damn waste of a bench spot. CHN as you say offers the same versatility and can actually contribute.

When JFH comes back he should be on the bench with CHN keeping the starting spot. He's earned it and I think the bench suits James at this point

franklin2323

Immortal
JFH has had no Pre season and only played a few games. He is severly underdone. Bench changing with CHN should be the plan.

Latest posts