What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Jordan mother f**king perreira!!! What the f**k was good thinking with that line up? Did Mary make a guest appearance this week...f**k me dead

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Jordan mother f**king perreira!!! What the f**k was good thinking with that line up? Did Mary make a guest appearance this week...f**k me dead

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
My goodness I get it we are all disappointed but let’s get some perspective here. We just played one of the heavy weights of the Comp. 7 weeks ago we were favourites for the spoon. We had chances in that first 35 minutes to dominate but yes missed Hunt and also I believe someone like Sullivan.
Will probably have 3 guys out next week with suspensions. Tigers are due so could go either way.
Go the Saints.
Perspective? We were against Hutchinson (yes mother f**king Hutchinson) and some 15 year old anorexic kid in the halves and they looked like immortals against us. We were actually looking like a decent side last couple of weeks and Hook makes massive changes before the game. Our halves looked like they’ve never played with each other because they never have. We had a player in the bin they scored 2 tries against us. They had a player in the bin and they still scored against us. all this in one of the biggest games of the year, That’s my perspective!

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
Perspective? We were against Hutchinson (yes mother f**king Hutchinson) and some 15 year old anorexic kid in the halves and they looked like immortals against us. We were actually looking like a decent side last couple of weeks and Hook makes massive changes before the game. Our halves looked like they’ve never played with each other because they never have. And all this in one of the biggest games of the year, That’s my perspective!
No N, Hutchison, Mum's maiden name.
CC

Crush

Coach
Perspective? We were against Hutchinson (yes mother f**king Hutchinson) and some 15 year old anorexic kid in the halves and they looked like immortals against us. We were actually looking like a decent side last couple of weeks and Hook makes massive changes before the game. Our halves looked like they’ve never played with each other because they never have. We had a player in the bin they scored 2 tries against us. They had a player in the bin and they still scored against us. all this in one of the biggest games of the year, That’s my perspective!
:joy:
Love the rage!

True_Believer

Juniors
I think the whole team played poorly it is hard to single out anyone really other than maybe JP. We were very compressed in defence and couldn't adjust when they spread it. It all started with getting beaten in the forwards. When we had precious ball we didn't put them under enough pressure. We look exhausted, even more so and earlier than the Mary era. Lets hope this is just a speed bump.

That's what I said in my post.

Forwards were gassed early - we don't have the cattle. Backs were underwhelming except for Rava. Hopefully that's clearer.

Old Timer

Coach
As the dust begins to settle on a very disappointing game of footy but otherwise a wonderful Anzac day with many a schooner with lots of great mates and wonderful service men and women my takeaways for today are
  1. The Chooks are a class side and capable of making all but a couple of sides look very ordinary very easily so we need to take that into account when assessing our team.
  2. Far too many people got far too excited after 6 rounds because we had posted 4 straight wins and were thinking our 2 losses were winnable. Too many fans fantasising (a bit of a problem in this place) that we were possibly a top 4 side with some sort of credentials to be at least top 6 and as soon as the shit hits the fan a little bit they start whinging and whining. Blame yourselves for being unrealistic.
  3. Today our coach and team got it all wrong and we suffered because of it and that can happen to the best of sides let alone middle runners like ourselves. Let's not start hanging the coaches on the back of 4 and 3.
  4. We played a very good team and played very poorly and well below what we have been delivering thus far and that's all there is to it and FFS that can happen for no apparent good reason. So everyone needs to man up and look forward towards next week and get our enthusiasm back both on and off the field.
  5. If our best attacking assets play below par / poorly on a particular day we are a very ordinary grinding outfit and our roster is actually testimony to that. We are never going to regularly dominate up front so we need everything in the backs to go to plan and run like clockwork so we need to get our best halves combination on the paddock and that doesn't include Norman.
  6. Today Sims was very good and a few others tries really hard but overall it was quite underwhelming and we will actually know over the next 2 or 3 weeks whether it was just because we played a heavyweight contender for the title or whether we have played our best games and have nothing left to bring to the table.

redv13

Bench
Quite simple, the gap between the top 5 and the rest is huge. Even the Raiders are struggling. We are a 6th to 10th spot team and I’m still confident they will finish there somewhere but hopefully between 6 and 8.
Tigers then dogs, let’s get back on the horse

Crush

Coach
The only way we were going to win today was to complete well and take the refs out of the game.
We didn’t do that. High tackles, shoulder charges, dropped balls. We were never going to win the 50/50 calls.
I’m glad Roosters ran away with it TBH so I didn’t have to lament the near loss and what could have been.
As it was, we were just shit, really shit.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Our backs were horrible today:

Some low-lights:

Dufty - 33% tackle efficiency
Ramsey - 4 runs 17m + 63.6% tackle efficiency
Lomax - 6 runs 64m + 57.1% tackle efficiency
JP - 10 minutes in the bin (they score 2 trys)
Ravalawa - 33.3% tackle efficiency
JP then drops a f**king ball that leads to a chooks try when they were down a man...unbelievable how shit a player could be

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The only way we were going to win today was to complete well and take the refs out of the game.
We didn’t do that. High tackles, shoulder charges, dropped balls. We were never going to win the 50/50 calls.
I’m glad Roosters ran away with it TBH so I didn’t have to lament the near loss and what could have been.
As it was, we were just shit, really shit.

we could have also had a chance of winning if we didn’t make those ridiculous changes just before kickoff

Last week we lost to a bottom 8 side at home, this will we lost to a very good side but without their spine and other injured players, such as Cordner.

Any half decent side would/should have beaten the Roosters today. Deadset one of the most embarrassing performances I have seen. But for a couple, our backs are woeful.

Last edited:
Last week we lost to a bottom 8 side at home, this will we lost to a very good side but without their spine and other injuries players, such as Cordner.

Any half decent side would/should have beaten the Roosters today. Deadset one of the most embarrassing performances I have seen. But for a couple, our backs are woeful.