What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 (2009) Bluebags v Rabbitohs

Dave Q

Coach
I respect the submission there Dave.

However I should also point out that there is the proxy system in place which allows the assigned captain to submit a piece for a player in their absence. It is also acceptable for a stand in captain or vice captain to submit the piece.

Yes, and in this instance, the ref did also determine that he would not be replaced (within a reasonable period).

In this most suprising and unwitting of cirsumstances, the same compassion for an official of the game, should also be bestowed upon a player.

So there is a balance to be embraced, one that is upset and disturbed by the cold and uncaring hand of the strict interpretation of the rules.

Rules whoose overiding object is to benefit the game as a whole as their first and foremost principle. This principle is the very heart of F7's. It stands for the fair go and justice first, no matter what awkward unkindness is scratched into the process.

All things being equal, in the interests of the game, Bumble should be still be alive and able to submit his piece.

He has also never missed a game. That is the best possible record one can have.

Should the discretion exist to allow a late submission, then I crave leave to submit that there is no-one more deserved than Bumble, in this most special and unusual of circumstances born not out of contempt or negligence, but genuine and unavoidable frustration.

He has suffered a great indignity, he has apologised to his team. His remorse is sincere and in my experience, without peer.

I am sure the bags, in the spirited way they have always approached F7's would not take serious issue with such a postive and enlightened course.

It is not too late to turn this around and show the world that F7's will not injure itself for the sake of some unremarkable and unrewarding compliance with manner and form.

Thank you for considering my position.

Last edited:

Pistol

Coach
No problem Dave

Your intentions are good and I respect that. Any submissions for changes can be made in the post season and be voted on by the committee.

Dave Q

Coach
No problem Dave

Your intentions are good and I respect that. Any submissions for changes can be made in the post season and be voted on by the committee.

Thank you Pistol.

I have tried to put the argument at its highest at this time.

Futile perhaps but a few words of support to a mate who has fallen, never goes astray.

I feel for Bumble and for the side. It has been a season fraught with danger from many unexpected sources.

When I did err, Bumble was always the first to forgive and always the first to forget.

It is my hope that I have brought him some honour in this place.

You cant trust rules and words, you can only trust people.

You are correct in not assuming that my representations have any malice or ill will attached. Quite the contrary.

That completes my submissions at this time, I appreciate you taking the time to consider them.

Thanks Pistol.

Last edited:

Bumble

First Grade
If it matters, I had a piece ready to go. I finished on the way to uni on Wednesday morning.

I don't expect any leniency though, rules are rules.

Dave Q

Coach
If it matters, I had a piece ready to go. I finished on the way to uni on Wednesday morning.

I don't expect any leniency though, rules are rules.

I have closed my submissions to Pistol, it would be wrong for me to re-open the case.

But for the benefit of the gallery (as opposed to officialdom), I have not had any communications with Bumble at all about anything I have posted here.

And we find that he is being quite selfless and professional about it all.

The unchallenged and undisputed evidence is that Bumble had every intent and desire to submit his piece on time.

Through no fault of his own, this noble ambition was thwarted.

This is a case of exceptional circumstances, its not a floodgate for tardiness or slackness.

If you believe in F7's, you will believe in Bumble.

I would gladly retract my own submission to clear a path for him.

If we follow the path of rule-book regimen with no exceptions or mercy, then all I can say is God bless us, God bless us all.

For there is every chance that one by one, we will each be taken down by our own blunted axe.

Last edited:

Pistol

Coach
Baggers

Black Kitty with Words of Wisdom from Forest Gump? = 85

Mr Angry with Annus Horribilis = 83

Gorilla with Animals and barbarism = 90

Drewsta with One of us = 87

Cheesie The Pirate with Finally = 84

Souths

DaveQ with The Industrial Design of Rugby League = 86

marshall_magic with Hunt, The AFL and Everything = 86

Miccle with The Queensland Cup user guide = 89

byrnerovellifan82 with The Officials = 85

Baggers defeat Souths
429 – 346
POTM Gorilla

No comments left as time was against it and you guys need the result

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No comments left as time was against it and you guys need the result

Thanks Pistol - much appreciated. And well played everyone. Good luck to Souths for the rest of the year.

Great stuff Goz. :thumn
I know for a fact that his computer died a hundred deaths during this round and he made tracks to find another terminal. To pull off an article under those circumstances deserves a big pat on the back. To get the POTM award deserves applause. :clap:

gorilla

First Grade
Thanks Ref, thank you ball-girls.

It was a tuff schedule with PC probs and I appreciate the POTM even more.

Good run Souths - a chance with the 5 players.

Dave Q

Coach
Thanks Pistol.

Drew sta's piece was my fave, just edging out the Goz, mainly due to raw emotive content.

Ironic that Goz and Bumble had tech problems, fate intervened for one but not the other.

What is this animal we call "providence", how are the bunnies going to capture it?!!

Miccle is some kind of player too.

Plenty of shadows, but I suppose thats what memorable matches are made of!

Well done everyone who played, that includes Bumble!

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - gorilla (Bluebags) :clap:
2 points - miccle (Rabbitohs) :thumn
1 point - Drew-Sta (Bluebags) :mrgreen: