What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

steerlerbab

Juniors
Looks like this is as close we get to our best 17. If you add Leilua and drop either Blocker or BMM, we get our best 17. If this team stays fit and uninjured, I think we can make top 8.

Regarding this game, I think we are well matched in forwards.

However, their backline has an edge over us. Let's compare one on one.

1. Tedesco is ahead of Sloan.
2. Tupou is ahead of Tuipulato
3. Suli vs Suali (equal maybe)
4. Manu vs Lomax (Over the years Manu was much better than Lomax. But Lomax has improved a lot this year and this Thursday coming against one of the best centres in the business, Lomax can prove himself. I think Maguire will watch closely)
5. Young (speed) is ahead of Rawa (size)
6. Hunt is ahead of Walker (This is where we are still ahead)
7. Keary is ahead of Flano

FlickFlano

Juniors
we scored 5 tries to 4 against them last year and lost with a team coached by hook and containing Feagai/Moga/Amone/MMolo/Mbye/Kerr JHunt ... There are 8 blokes in this years team that played last year - 9 who didnt. The 9 who didnt include SuA/Ray/Frank/Nu/Eisenhuth/Tuipulotu/Rava/Kyle/Sele .... Seriously we are substantially better than last year. The entire starting pack is 100% different

This game is not about head to head match ups.

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Looks like this is as close we get to our best 17. If you add Leilua and drop either Blocker or BMM, we get our best 17. If this team stays fit and uninjured, I think we can make top 8.

4. Manu vs Lomax (Over the years Manu was much better than Lomax. But Lomax has improved a lot this year and this Thursday coming against one of the best centres in the business, Lomax can prove himself. I think Maguire will watch closely)
That backline of the chooks is enough to bust the salary sombrero just on their own. Imagine having 2 of the best 5 fullbacks in the world in your backline. After paying this lot then you have 23 more players to fit in……Roostersmath.

My Great Uncle Tom went to Gallipoli, was part of the withdrawal and somehow managed to survive the rest of WWI (Unlike his brother Norm)

I’ve always had a special interest in the legend of the Anzacs

“Their lives they laid down for us, that we may live today.

They didn’t fight what was in front of them but for what they left behind.

And how they fought defined both our nations, displaying great courage, ingenuity, larrikinism, and mateship.” This is why we celebrate Anzac Day, not to glorify war.

I love the Anzac Day game – The Dragons and Roosters should be proud to represent rugby League in a game honouring all Australian & NZ servicemen, past and present.

It’s even more special when we win!

They shall grow not old,

as we that are left grow old;

Age shall not weary them,

nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun

and in the morning

We will remember them.

Kiama_Dragon

Juniors
Hey guys does anyone know of anyone that is offloading two tickets to the Anzac game? If so could you let me know 🙏🏼

Wolfgang90

Juniors
We relentlessly targeted Shaun Johnson last game, I hope we do the same to both their halves this game too.

Big job for our back 5 to carry our sets, so the middle can concentrate on defence.

Praying Hunt has a good kicking game. On that note, chooks halves kicking game isn't that good. If we can get enough kick pressure then we could force some errors & get into good field position.

We need our bench to have a similar impact as the last 2 weeks too because their pack is very strong.

maestro1

Bench

I think Suli will be defending opposite Manu not Lomax.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
The key is stopping their halves & hookers from having any significant influence. Tire them out with defence & pressure them at every opportunity.

Their pack & outside backs will seize on any opportunities, we need to limit it by targeting their halves imo.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Thoughts on Bird replacing Lawrie?

Lawrie provides size & direct straight line runs.
Bird provides tackle break/offloading opportunities & can cover numerous positions without having to reshuffle the side.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors

Bird provides tackle break/offloading opportunities & can cover numerous positions without having to reshuffle the side.
Both r shit lol

Nah in all seriousness though, if it were up to me, I'd take Bird. Why? Because we have BMM who provides twice the impact of Lawrie with direct runs

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Bird for sure at least he’s capable of scoring a try. The only way blocka can score is if someone hands him the ball on the try line

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Belinda Sharp is on the sideline as a touchy. How many forward passes will she rule against us. Also if one of our players foot is within a meter of the line, the flag will go up and you know how you see goal kicks when 1 touchy has the flag up and one down. Belinda will be having her flag down if possible.

I wish they would keep this lady as far away from Saints games as possible.

Latest posts