What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

since77

Juniors
The less said the better, although Blocka has to go he is such a plodder his body shape is not for today’s game. He is the only prop in the comp with that shape. Athletic beasts are required today as the speed of the ruck doesn’t allow for the good old fashioned type blockas anymore.
Even JWH has changed his shape and he’s 34 or something.
Out of a team beaten badly, Lawrie still stood out like a sore thumb. Slow, ineffectual, useless. He looked an entire level below the rest of the players yesterday. There were a few moments when he literally looked like he was running in slow motion.
I refuse to believe there's not better options in our NSW cup team than Lawrie.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Adam Gee tried to ref the game as if it was a SOO game only problem is there was one side with SOO quality players and the other was KOE cup quality..
He wanted us off the rooster players as soon as we made contact thus creating a quick ruck, he also allowed the rooster players to take a step sideways before playing the ball which took our markers out as well..
And JWH going back to his old days of placing the ball on the ground and taking a step forward with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball with his foot.

All the Lawrie haters. Block stilll puts in 100m or close to every game, more than I can say for other duds we have in the engine room. His body shape has nil to do with the passion he brings to every game. I do have to say that he is still carrying the paunch, did he not get into the gym with Dan Lawson or is he unable to lose that beer gut.

There remain guys in the pack not pulling their weight, coming up with pissweak metres every game for the mins played. They should be the first to feel the cut of the razor. We also continue to have one major weak link in our outside backs because he is a buddy of the coach, while our halves have still not gelled and our kicking game is lacking big time.

There was one team that had the ANZAC spirit yesterday and one that left it at home. There was one team that turned up with a game plan to turn us round with a relentless and clever short kicking game, the other put away this ploy and looked clueless in their end zone..

Lethal25

Juniors
Out of a team beaten badly, Lawrie still stood out like a sore thumb. Slow, ineffectual, useless. He looked an entire level below the rest of the players yesterday. There were a few moments when he literally looked like he was running in slow motion.
I refuse to believe there's not better options in our NSW cup team than Lawrie.
Preaching to the choir here..........but. If you shunt Lawrie to the ressies we will never offload his contract

I was at the game yesterday and a few points i noticed. Firstly every bounce went the correct way for the Roosters and not for us.
Secondly how they gave that try to Young is beyond me. That was a turning point in the game. Theres the positives done!!
Thirdly we just stood and watched as Manu and Walker ran round and just didnt tackle them. We never were prepared for Walkers kicks which killed us all day. Going backwards on your try line never works.
Fourth, Hunts kicking game is atrocious and surely Flanno can see it. Never pressured them yet they pressured us all day.
Fifth, this stupid trying to muscle up first tackle and loosing a player for the whole match has to stop. 3 or 4 in a tackle is costing us big time and isnt needed. And half the time they get the ball away while were not even watching.
Last i guess is that all the mistakes i see are U8 stuff. We havent shaken that off yet and again it costs us dearly
When do we ever get the ref to give us a hand? Rorters offside all day yet i think there was only 2 penalties for it? And why are we always the nice team? Why dont we ever flatten the opposition good players so they think twice - and i dont mean illegally- run forwards at them all match. And tackle whats in front of you not watch him dance
Sadly i was at the match with my Rorters daughter, giving it to me big time all match.
We should have done better than this and really Flanno should be replacing half the team. These constant floggings are embarrassing

I was at the game yesterday and a few points i noticed. Firstly every bounce went the correct way for the Roosters and not for us.
Secondly how they gave that try to Young is beyond me. That was a turning point in the game. Theres the positives done!!
Thirdly we just stood and watched as Manu and Walker ran round and just didnt tackle them. We never were prepared for Walkers kicks which killed us all day. Going backwards on your try line never works.
Fourth, Hunts kicking game is atrocious and surely Flanno can see it. Never pressured them yet they pressured us all day.
Fifth, this stupid trying to muscle up first tackle and loosing a player for the whole match has to stop. 3 or 4 in a tackle is costing us big time and isnt needed. And half the time they get the ball away while were not even watching.
Last i guess is that all the mistakes i see are U8 stuff. We havent shaken that off yet and again it costs us dearly
When do we ever get the ref to give us a hand? Rorters offside all day yet i think there was only 2 penalties for it? And why are we always the nice team? Why dont we ever flatten the opposition good players so they think twice - and i dont mean illegally- run forwards at them all match. And tackle whats in front of you not watch him dance
Sadly i was at the match with my Rorters daughter, giving it to me big time all match.
We should have done better than this and really Flanno should be replacing half the team. These constant floggings are embarrassing
Young's try was a try because he had run over Kyle and Kyle did not have hold of him when his ball-carrying arm hit the ground.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Agree with all of that I was there yesterday as well and could not believe why Dragons defenders just stood there watching Manu in particular run in circles on the spot ,just tackle him FFS

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Not always, sometimes he takes a step to the side
The roosters players did this the whole game.
Step to the side, or step forward when playing the ball.
It takes our markers out of the game and the ref very rarely calls the players back to the mark to play the ball.

Gareth67

First Grade
Has J.W.H been charged for his elbow to Suli’i jaw ? No damn wonder the poor sod was knocked out , but Robinson cannot see just what can be done to prevent this from occurring again . Tell the dopey big bastard to keep his elbows down !

Other than that , our game was truly a calamity , no heart once we were behind , sadly no true Anzac spirit which was sorely required when competing against one of the better teams in the NRL .

The Dragons most unfortunately are - at this point in time - a patchwork quilt , nothing quite matching it’s corresponding part and this will not changed until Flanagan is able to sign players of true quality .

Last edited:

Redhoopz

Juniors
Has J.W.H been charged for his elbow to Suli’i jaw ? No damn wonder the poor sod was knocked out , but Robinson cannot see just what can be done to prevent this from occurring again . Tell the dopey big bastard to keep his elbows down !

Other than that , our game was truly a calamity , no heart once we were behind , sadly no true Anzac spirit which was sorely required when competing against one of the better teams in the NRL .

The Dragons most unfortunately are - at this point in time - a patchwork quilt , nothing quite matching it corresponding part and this will not changed until Flanagan is able to sign players of true quality .
Mate, that had nothing to do with the elbow. It was a head clash. If you see the replay, you can see Suli gets jammed in by Sua, which causes the contact.

The game was a dud though. I had a feeling a loss was coming, but didn't expect to see 60 get put on us.

Gomarchin

Juniors
The only way we will win games this year is if the other team is off and we get a fair share off possession and penalties.

If the sharks are off next week, we may be in with a chance. If not, then another 40+ thrashing is on the way.