What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 9 - Broncos Vs Roosters

ozzie

Bench
Broncos Vs Roosters

Game Thread

Please note - This is a game thread only, therefore only game posts can be made here (Teams, Articles). Any other posts will result in loss of points.

**Referee Blows Game On!**

REFEREE : salivor

Full Time: Wednesday 27 August, 2003. 9:00PM AEST

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Eastern Suburbs - Roosters Team.

Roostargirl (c)
Brook
Roosterboy
The Backpacker
Lord Reynoldson

Reserves:

Penelope Pittstop
Morticia
Ozzie

All the best to both teams.

The Backpacker

Juniors
The Backpacker #11 for Easts. Once again taking the ball up from the kickoff…
The old debutant

In the words of Ted Louis “I'm just a gigolo and ev'rywhere I go, people know the part I'm playing. Paid for every dance, selling each romance, oh what they’re saying…” What they’re saying is, he’s the best lock in the game but this hasn’t always been the case for Luke Ricketson. Born with a surname synonymous with rugby league and the Eastern Suburbs combined with a favourable genetic makeup, Luke was destined to have the media spotlight focused upon him when he came to grade in 1991 and the NSWRL saw the benefits of utilising the rookie’s charisma to their advantage early on by using him in their Tina Turner promotion. This may have been the catalyst for his reputation as a playboy but, as his father Doug stated, he did himself no favours. As the seasons came and went, so did the photo shoots, being seen at the right places and the prolific and somewhat high profile relationships.

Whilst whispers blamed the absence of his name in rep sides, until recently, on his lothario image, his father is more candid in the reasons behind his late popularity, especially with Kangaroo selection, saying it falls squarely with coach’s favouritism. Manly’s backrowers under Fulton and Anderson’s loyalty to Scott Hill. This may be the case and it’ll be interesting to see what selections are made for the end of year tour when players unavailable due to injury in the recent test are once again in contention but other factors may be responsible for Ricketson being overlooked during the first eight years of his career.

Luke came through playing centre at a time when there was a glut of good backs. With the likes of Daley, Fittler and Ettinghausen stealing the limelight in the early 90’s with their natural flair, Luke’s no frills, hard work ethos, ensured him a place in Easts team but not in a NSW’s team that was struggling to fit so many naturally gifted players into their backline. As his career progressed, a move to the forwards was inevitable but Easts buying power, coupled with the so-called front row curse, saw Luke play out of position on a number of occasions, even taking the field as their starting prop during the 98 finals series. Whether this hindered his rep selection is debatable but, while Luke never gave up the dream of playing for Australia, he set about displaying a loyalty, unusual in today’s climate, to the Roosters.

Ricketson is somewhat of an anomaly considering Easts recent history. In a team renowned as a transit lounge, he has played out his first grade career with them and only them. With Easts juniors reportedly being rarer than a South Sydney victory, Luke makes a good pin up boy. Coming to grade from Bondi United makes him a bona fide Easts junior going some way to dispel the ‘loch Ness’ myth. While he could have signed for another club on more money, he’s chosen to remain with the Roosters and was rewarded last year when he ran out in Rd14 against the Eagles, and equalled Kevin Hastings record of most first grade games (217 at the time) for the club. His services to the club were further recognised when, at this years’ corporate launch, he was given life membership, the only person to have this bestowed on them whilst still playing for the club.

For a man plagued with the tag of a pretty boy, not helped through his own promotional choices, Ricketson is a relatively humble character and always willing to promote the game at any level and give his time to those less fortunate than himself. Louis asked “And there will come a day and youth will pass away, what will they say about me?…” To answer Louis’ question, whilst Ricketson will be remembered for his unprecedented tackling, his hard work on the field and his debut as a Kangaroo at 30 (and perhaps as the only Easts junior to have ever been produced :roll: ), I somehow think that tag and memory of playboy may haunt him. Such is life…

Career
Roosters: 248 games, 37 tries
Blues: 10 games, 2 tries
Australia: 1 game
Women: Unfortunately my abacus was unable to process this request. ;-)

Word count: 709
References
Just a Gigolo/I ain’t got nobody – Ted Louis 1931 (and many, many remakes)
www.nrl.com/
SMH – Roy Masters (23/07/03) ‘Like Father like son’
www.sydneyroosters.com.au

See signature

RoostarGirl

Juniors
RoostarGirl
Eastern Suburbs Roosters
Word Count 746 (including Title)

The time has now come................

Yes, that’s right the time has come to lift the salary cap. Over the last few years we have seen many valuable Rugby League Players turn their backs on the game for Rugby Union and Super League in England, this is largely due to salary cap restrictions.

My main example of this would be Wendell Sailor a Rugby Union player named in the Team of the 90's for Rugby League, honestly it is a sad indictment and a taste of what more we can expect in the next few years. Wendell appears to be the new face of Rugby Union used in lots of advertising. I read an article in the Sunday Telegraph on the 17 August, 2003 where he has now been offered a contract in Japan reported to be worth $1 million dollars a season. Now, before you all start yelling.... I realise that League could never sustain those kinds of contracts nor am I suggesting they should but we have a Salary Cap of $3.25 million and an ex-player is worth $1 million in another code/country. What is stopping other Union Teams from other Countries trying to poach more Rugby League players??? Nothing!!

It is now reported that salary cap restrictions are forcing Chris Walker to Union also Chris has already had 3 clubs in 2 years. All he wants is to play for a competitive side and he is being ridiculed for it. There is such a thing as job satisfaction is there not?? Everyone likes to be a winner and play for the winning Team. Chris has openly said that he wants to play for a competitive side in Sydney where his girlfriend lives, at the moment that only leaves the Roosters and Bulldogs and neither Team can afford him. He is playing at the Roosters for a Contract rumored to be worth $45,000.00 and has offered his services next year for free.

I realise that other teams are now benefiting from gaining players that the high profile and more successful clubs have to let go and this has been going on for years.

What this means long term in my opinion is teams like for example Souths and the Tigers, buy some valuable players, their younger players gain valuable experience from playing along side such players and there is a vast improvement in the younger players game. If they are good enough they may even make representative teams and then they will be worth more money and before you know it the problem arises again..out they go..to another struggling team.

This is not the answer because all this creates are players who have no alternative but to jump from Club to Club to Club. Why should players sacrifice money and job satisfaction and be forced out of a happy Team environment they want to stay loyal to for the sake of sustaining a reasonable income for the lifestyle they become accustomed to?

I also realise that this is the closest competition in a long time and I am excited to see such a close competition but, why should sides like Brisbane, Bulldogs, Newcastle and the Roosters bring out the best in players only to lose them to teams who always recruit badly and simply do not bring out the best in players?, because of bad management, coaching or otherwise.

You might all be sitting back saying "oh yeah, increase the salary cap to suit the rich clubs".....but honestly increase the salary cap to pay players what they are rightfully entitled to so they are able to play for the Teams of their choice.

I do not know how everyone around here feels about their Footy but for me it has been a way of life since I was a little girl (and following the Roosters all my life has had it dark times) and my Rooster help complete my life, I love my footy. I know every team has loyal Supporters like me and I honestly believe the players are entitled to be paid on their entertainment value they give us fans, considering the game is booming.

The NRL would have had one of the most successful years of all times, including a magnificent State of Origin Series with record crowds. So the time has come to increase the cap a little or a lot any amount would be greatly appreciated by the players, I am sure, considering it has not happened for 5 years.

Beaver_Online

Juniors
Beaver_Online
Posting for The Broncos

Salary Cap A Storm in A Tea Cup

While Ricky Stuart and Gus Gould would undoubtedly be the most annoying whingers in the National Rugby League so far in 2003, their throne may be under fire for the remainder of the year by the likes of the Melbourne Storm’s John Ribot.

The Storm Chairman is once again at it, complaining about the rough deal the Melbourne Storm are getting and has put the feelers out to the NRL about concessions on the salary cap for the Storm.

Ribot’s theory is that the Storm are unfairly disadvantaged by being located in Melbourne and having to pay more money to entice players south of the border.

Conspiracy theorists could deduce that once again, John Ribots call for a concession to Melbourne could indeed be a thinly veiled means of highlighting the fact that Melbourne have yet again breached the rugby league salary cap.

Cyncical maybe, but would anyone be surprised?
The Storm were fined $90,000 for breaching the salary cap in 2002...and for those without the benefit of a long memory, they were also fined $24,300 for breaching the cap in 2001.
Three times lucky for the Storm again in 2003??

Melbourne is actually one of the more appealing locations in Australia to live for NRL players particularly from a financial perspective. Taking account of the suburbs that Sydney based NRL teams home grounds (or training facilities) are, and comparing the cost of housing to the suburbs that houses the Storms home ground – the Melbourne CBD - one wonders what the Storm are really complaining about.

Average House/Apartment Prices 2003

Moore Park (Roosters): House Price Average: $1.1M, Unit: $559,000
Brookvale: (Manly): House Price Average $695,000, Unit: $356,000
Kogarah: (St George): House Price Average 668,000, Unit: $341,000
Parramatta: (Parramatta): House Price Average $533,000 Unit: $293,000
Penrith: (Penrith): House Price Average $320,000 Unit: $223,000
Leichhardt: (Tigers) House Price Average: $630,000 Unit: $453,000
Campbelltown: (Wests) House Price Average: $282,000 Unit: $209,000
Belmore: (Canterbury) House Price Average: $506,000 Unit: $250,000
Erskineville: (Souths) House Price Average:549,000 Unit: $394,000

Melbourne: House Price Average $363,000 Unit $338,000

Of all the teams in Sydney, the only areas that are cheaper to live than the Melbourne CBD are Campbelltown and Penrith, both in areas approximately 40 kilometres from the Sydney CBD.

Next we will see the North Queensland Cowboys and the New Zealand Warriors throwing their hat into the ring asking for concessions on the salary cap because it costs players more money to fly to see friends and family in say Sydney for example, than it would cost a player based in Melbourne to do the same.

If anything, many Sydney based NRL clubs should be asking the NRL for the same concessions the Melbourne Storm are asking for, simply because it is expensive to live in Sydney.

One of the most recent cases whereby it has actually affected a club is in 2002 when Preston Campbell was asked to look elsewhere by the Sharks management. He was offered a contract with the Sea Eagles.

But as widely reported the cost of living on the Northern Beaches (probably amongst other things) in comparison to the cost of living in Penrith was touted by Campbell as one of the key reasons why he did not take up the Sea Eagles offer and opted for the John Lang coached Panthers (and good on him, he has resurrected his career in the process).

In the final analysis, for John Ribot to ask for salary concessions for the Melbourne Storm is ludicrous. It is offensive to other clubs and their players, particularly those players based in the Emerald City.

Sources:
Australian Property Monitors
The Daily Telegraph
The Sydney Morning Herald
NRMA Online

Words: Approx 630.

Azkatro

First Grade
I realise the Broncos team hasn't been announced but I was informed by broncoman that I'd be named so I'll just post for the Broncos anyway ... I apologise if this is incorrect procedure.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Queensland power shift on the horizon?

During its early years, State of Origin football brought Queensland to the fore as a major competitor to the traditional New South Wales strangehold over rugby league. This eventually led to two new Queensland sides joining the NSWRL competition in 1988. Of those teams, it was the Broncos that proved the dominant force north of the border and while they were enjoying consecutive premierships in 1992 and 1993, their Gold Coast counterparts were being smacked with wooden spoons.

Superleague and further expansion brought us two more clubs in 1995 - South Queensland and North Queensland - followed one year later by major changes at the Gold Coast franchise. It barely dented the mighty Brisbane on the field, and off the field things were even worse. South Queensland and the Gold Coast ultimately met their demise, leaving us with two remaining Queensland based clubs. Brisbane continued their dominance while the Cowboys were finding it tough to say the least.

However a number of factors, one of which was a lifeline by News Limited, meant the Cowboys organisation finally took some forward steps during the turn of the century. While their results didn't improve much in the short term, some of their players were finally being noticed at representative level. A bit of coaching turmoil took place and after the departure of Tim Sheens and then Murray Hearst in 2002, Graham Murray was brought in to give the side some much needed credibility and consistency.

Once again it took time for the results to show and all the while Brisbane continued to stroll comfortably into the finals, following them up with premierships in 1998 and 2000. The following years saw them continue to be a force, and it seemed like their remarkable consistency had become as sure as death and taxes.

Until now.

While it's only a comparitively short space of time, recent results may indicate that the Brisbane Broncos are ever so slightly fading as Queensland's "one and only" rugby league club.

Leading into round 20, the Broncos faced Manly and many were tipping the side to win all their remaining games and claim the minor premiership. One month later, they had lost four on the trot. When the Warriors made that five last weekend, Brisbane found themselves in a position where they could drop out of the top eight - and out of finals contention - for the first time since 1991.

While they've lost several games in a row in the past, rarely has it been in the crucial lead up to the finals. It's even more unlike them to lose three of those games to sides who are languishing in the bottom four - and two of those matches at their spiritual home Lang Park.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have enjoyed arguably their most successful - if not their most encouraging - season to date. It was only a long run of narrow, and at times controversial, losses that put them out of finals contention. But amidst the heartbreak, their outside backs have established themselves as perhaps the most exciting of the year. Intelligent recruiting in the forward pack has seen their resolve improve out of site, and their halves combination has performed strongly all season.

Additionally, midyear recruitment has been far more positive for the North Queensland side than Brisbane. The Cowboys will look to build on their strengths next year, having kept the core of successful players and adopting potential stars of the future. Looking at the Broncos' roster for 2004 however leaves numerous questions unanswered, possibly the biggest one being how they will solve their problem in the halves and rucks following the departure of Ben Ikin, Scott Prince and Richard Swain.

Obviously it remains to be seen what will happen in the coming weeks for the Broncos, and the next season for both Queensland clubs. But with North Queensland now a more attractive prospect for emerging talent than ever before, few would deny that the potential for a power shift in the Queensland stakes is greater than it's ever been. We might even see the Cowboys enjoy equal Origin representation with the Broncos as early as 2005.

Possibilities aside, one thing has become certain. The Cowboys have proven that their fanbase will always be there even when results turn sour. How will the Broncos fans respond if their side fails to reach the finals this year or next?

We'll just have to wait and see.
---------------------------------------------------------------

746 words

roosterboy60

Juniors
Roosterboy60, Roosters

Star Players in teams-Part 2.

There is one in nearly every team if not every one, but as soon as they are out their team really goes down hill. I will now run through the list of clubs that go down hill without their star player. Last article I looked at Brisbane, Bulldogs, Raiders, Sharks, Dragons, Manly, Storm and Newcastle. I will now look at the remaining clubs.

Parramatta Eels: I wouldn’t rate the Eels as a one man team although when Nathan Hindmarsh was out earlier this year they only won 2 or 3 games but all in all they in my opinion are not a one man team.

Penrith Panthers: This year we haven’t seen the Panthers lose many players so we can’t judge if they are a one man team or not. But it would be interesting to see them without Gower and Wesser.

Sydney Roosters: A few years ago if Brad Fittler was out of the Roosters people would say they would not win a match without him. But now in my opinion although he’s a great player the Roosters have many other players including Rep players so they would be a good team even if Brad Fittler was out.

South Sydney: Well the Rabbits have only won 2 matches all season but if I had to choose 1 or 2 players I’d say Bryan Fletcher and Paul Stringer as there star players. Paul Stringer is out for the rest of the year now and we will have to see how they cope without them.

Warriors: Well in the coming weeks we will see if the Warriors are a one man team or can play without there brilliant halfback Stacey Jones in my opinion the 2nd best Halfback in the NRL at the moment. Last year Jones was out for a couple of games and they won all of them but with the Warriors struggling and the moment it’s going to be even harder without Stacey Jones.

Wests Tigers: The Tigers are a team that are starting to produce the goods. I would say there star player would be Terry Hill and he may not be with the Tigers next year. But even if he’s not there the Tigers are coming up and watch them in the next 5-10 years they will improve greatly.

So that’s the star players in all teams. Of course this is just my opinion and it may be true or may not be true.

415 Words.

waxer

Juniors
Fanaticism. \\Fa*nat"i*cism\\, Excessive enthusiasm, unreasoning zeal, wild and extravagant notions on any subject; religious frenzy; excessive intolerance of opposing views (Webster's Dictionary)

I was introduced to the concept of fanaticism via “Snoopy” cartoons as a kid. Linus decides when he grows up he’ll be a fanatic for a living. “What’s a fanAtic” I thought to myself, and more importantly, why does Linus want to be one?

Years later, I think I’m starting to come to grips with the concept. I went through phases as a young bloke growing up, much like anyone else. Midnight Oil – never missed a gig. Surfing – skipping lectures for a wave. But neither of these comes within a yard of qualifying me as a fanatic on either subject.

Then we come to football, and the team I follow. As a young bloke I wasn’t a footy follower. I knew my father played league for one of the ‘big’ teams before I was born. I new it still meant a lot to him as he twitched and turned with the action from the couch on Sunday evenings, watching the Channel 7 replay commentated by Rex Mossop. But to me then, football was just something on one TV, with “Countdown”, courtesy of my sister, the only option on the other set, and for me… an early night. After watching a few games with my father, I grew to recognise and worship a nuggetty little halfback, who seemed to tackle all day, and still have enough stamina to guide his team around the park like a magician. The number seven became my lucky and favourite number. The name Kevin Hastings became permanently etched in my memory. But after Hastings retired my interest waned, and watching Dad blow up about “that imposter Vautin” tarnishing his beloved red, white and blue jersey got old quick.

Years later something happened. Around beginning of the Fittler-era at the Roosters my enthusiasm for the team, and the game started to creep back.

I can’t remember what year or what game my father and I first ventured back out to the SFS to watch it “live”, but it was the beginning of something. Was it the roar of the crowd or the lukewarm pies that started to get me hooked? Maybe. Could it have been the sick satisfaction you get sitting in the rain, the only two blokes in a sea of empty seats, feeling like a “real” supporter? Perhaps. It certainly couldn’t have been any winning streak or recent Premiership win that got me excited about it again. The “poor old Roosters” (my fathers favourite term) weren’t travelling too well at all, but there was something… something special about being out at the footy.

Things gathered speed. I broke the barrier from being a non-jersey wearing supporter to a jersey wearing one, albeit with a short period of wearing it under a jacket to and from the ground. I started buying both league magazines every Thursday religiously, when before the Big League was an impulse purchase at the gate. I started going to every home game. I started ringing my father to discuss team selections on Tuesday nights. I started buying more jerseys but still wearing my “lucky” number 7. I started buying the paper, reading the sports section and discarding the rest. I realised we won more games when I wasn’t wearing underwear, and hadn’t shaved on game day, so I kept the trend going. I got on the clubs Internet message board at its inception and have spent more work-hours on there than I have working. I started leaving home 3 hours before kick off to get to the ground and watch the second grade to spot new talent. I “Roosterised” my computer wallpaper, screensaver, and mouse-mat. I picked Brian Fletcher as a future star when he was still playing second grade. I missed relatives’ weddings if it conflicted with a game. I taped every televised game to watch it again during to the week to see where we went right or wrong. I bought a Rooster mug. I bought a Roosters stubby holder. I started buying signed players jerseys off ebay. I couldn’t stop myself - it became an obsession. I became fanatical. I still don’t know why.

Is it because footy is a constant? Bands come and go. Surf has big days and extended lulls. Many things people love are only passing fads. But the football, and “my” team. They are a constant. They were here when I was 8 and hopefully they’ll be here when I’m 80.

Linus decided to become a “wild eyed fanatic” after a few pages in the comics… I haven’t looked in the mirror lately.

waxer
Roosters
780 words (oops)

...Morticia...

Juniors
Shaken, not stirred…

Ricky Stuarts recent diatribe on players ‘smacked’ around the head laying down to get the team a rest or have video referee intercession caused a tumultuous response from the league community but what is more concerning, is the fact that Stuart coaches his players to do the opposite. “If you cop a knock, get up, be tough, play the ball and let’s play on,” he stated at the post-match conference. I’m confident all those associated with Darren Wheatley* wish he hadn’t been tough and had lain down after the initial tackle that preceded his collapse and subsequent death, a few plays later.

There are a lot of misconceptions regarding concussion. The most common and probably damaging is the one of ‘mild concussion’. There is no such thing as ‘mild concussion’. To put it into perspective, concussion is a brain injury, ‘mild’ or otherwise and a player doesn’t need to have a period of unconsciousness to suffer from it. The accepted definition of concussion is “a transient disturbance of neurological function induced by head trauma” and it is thought that it results from microscopic tearing in the midbrain. A blow to the head causes brain damage that is not only localised to the point of contact (the coup injury) but also by the brain ricocheting off the opposite end of the skull (the contre-coup injury), resulting in two points of injury.

In sports, the two most common concussion injuries are acceleration/deceleration and rotational injuries. Acceleration injuries are the cause of an immobile head being struck by a moving object. Webcke probably suffered this type of concussion when struck by Villisanti’s head in the weekend. Deceleration injuries transpire when the head is moving and hits an object that is immobile, like the ground and rotational injuries are the result of a blow to the side of the head that swivels the brain on the spinal column. The impact, regardless of the point, bruises the brain and can cause blood vessel trauma resulting in an epi/subdural bleed leading to raised intracranial pressure (RIP) that is potentially life-threatening.

Symptoms of concussion are varied. Memory, muscle coordination, reflexes and judgement can be affected and there are only two guarantees associated with concussion. The casualty will have a headache (however mild) and suffer anterograde and retrograde amnesia (however brief). The problem with concussion injuries and their fertile nature in rugby league is in the decision of whether to remove the player from the field and the period they should spend on the sideline.

A player with any grade concussion is a potential danger to self and others if left on the field and, unfortunately, with only a limited GCS assessment conducted on field to determine the players status, coupled with pressure from the player to stay on the field and a limited interchange system in place, underlying symptoms can be missed. The problem with any player staying on the field, or returning to the fray after time on the bench is second-impact syndrome, which can occur when a second blow is received before full recovery from the first has been achieved, potentially weeks. While this syndrome is rare it causes rapid swelling of the brain and increasing RIP and is fatal.

The NRL doesn’t have a compulsory stand down period following a concussion and Roosters doctor John Orchard is an advocate of this saying mandatory stand-downs encourage players to mislead doctors regarding symptoms, a very plausible outcome. There is no unproblematic answer in the concussion debate and while mouth-guards lessen the potential for concussion by separating the condyle and the base of the skull, they’re not foolproof.

Crackdowns on high tackles may offer some protection from concussion but league is a contact sport and contact facilitates concussion, nothing will change that. What I find most disheartening is the apparent flippant and sometimes-comical approach towards a player stunned or dazed on the field. One incident that comes to mind is the commentator describing Adrian Morley as a ‘happy drunk’ after he suffered concussion late last season. The trainers did try and bring him from the field but, after he was able to orientate to time and place, he took his place in the scrum. A few plays later, he knocked on and was penalised for a high tackle on the subsequent defensive set. While this could’ve been tackling technique or fatigue/dehydration, the onus in this case directly correlates to the ‘momentary stun’. I guess Ricky was happy he got up after the initial tackle.

---------------------------------------------------
750 wrds

*Mr Wheatley was the CRL player who never regained consciousness after collapsing on the field following a tackle while playing in the Mid-North Coast’s Hastings league competition. (No disrespect, to the person or those that knew him, was intended when naming him in this article).

refs
Corwin, EJ, (2000), Handbook of Pathophysiology.
Death puts head injury rule on trial. (Sydney Morning Herald 13th July 2003)
J Athl Train, 2001, 36(3): 244-8
Morley to face judiciary (Sydney Roosters website news article 4th August 2003)
The Lancet, 1997, 349(9055): 857

ozzie

Bench
GAME OVER - TIME GIRLS AND BOYS

umftime.gif

salivor

First Grade
EASTERN SUBURBS ROOSTERS

The Backpacker – The Old Debutant
708 words including title
Score: 9.2
It was an enjoyable read on one of the games nice guys. It’s good to see that loyalty still exists in the game, even at the Roosters of all places.

RoostarGirl – The Time Has Come……
746 words including title
Score: 8.6
Good to see an article written with some passion. You’ve covered about as much as you can on this big topic within the word limit.

Roosterboy60 – Star Players in Teams Part 2
413 words including title
Score: 6.7
Being a Brisbane fan I know all about the pitfalls of relying heavily on one player so it was easy for me to relate to this article. The only problems I found were that it was very brief and there were a few spelling and grammar errors.

Waxer – No Title
780 words
Original Score: 9.7, Word penalty of 0.5, Final Score: 9.2
It’s a real shame that this post had to incur a word penalty because I really enjoyed reading it. I see you’re new to these boards but your fanaticism certainly won’t be out of place here.

…..Morticia….. – Shaken, Not Stirred
750 words including title
Score: 9.1
They say you learn something new every day and thanks to you morticia I just filled my quota for today. It was interesting to see this debate looked at from a different perspective.

ROOSTERS TOTAL SCORE: 42.8

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Beaver_Online – Salary Cap A Storm in A Tea Cup
603 words including title
Score: 8.8
While I disagree with you on Melbourne getting salary cap exemptions, you make some well researched points on the angle you have looked at.

Azkatro – Queensland Power Shift on the Horizon?
746 words including title
Score: 8.7
I’d love to debate this issue with you being a Broncos fan but you make a lot of valid points. I suppose only time will tell if the Broncos can dig themselves out of this hole and if the Cowboys can find the consistency they have longed for.

BRONCOS TOTAL SCORE: 17.5

ROOSTERS 42.8 DEFEATED BRONCOS 17.5
Man of the Match - Waxer

broncoman

Juniors
sorry to all, no side was posted. I knew i wouldnt be playing this week, i asked the VC to round up a side and post it, and i come back to this. Thanks to the two broncos who did post, great effort. And to the roosters im sorry to waste your players time. You guys put in some great articles.
im affraid broncos will no longer compete.
I will post more in the main forum either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
cheers
Simon