What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 9 v MANLY

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL.com has Kyle Turner down for 7 missed tackles. I thought defence was his strong point

Maybe he needs a stint at the Bears to regain his focus
Everyone talking up Turner is a joke imo.

He was very ordinary!!!!

Funny how they say defence is his strong point.

Week after week he keeps missing tackles.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wonder what will Madge choose tonight..

"It's not what we practiced at training"
"We're learning"
"We have to work hard for each other"
"We didn't play for the full 80"

Have I missed anything?
We need to take a good hard look at ourselves.

That's not our standards.

We will keep what I said in house.

It's up to us!!!!

We can turn it around........

Jennings and Talakai have to be dropped.

Hunt and Goodwin to centre with Gray and Burns on the wing.

I'd also play Cherrington off the bench instead of Murray.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Last week's result is no excuse for this performance. A good side rebounds by playing with a point to prove, we rolled over claiming victim.
Give Manly credit, they put up a pretty good performance and have done a few times this season but we weren't at the races at all tonight. It almost felt as though we were still sulking

English Rose

Juniors
Diego hates Sam and always blames him for when stuff go wrong but sticks up for duds like Talaki when he gives away 2/3 trys a game?

Bet you are one of these who want to strip him of the captaincy and give it to Sutton or Reynolds? Well I'm telling you now them 2 are lucky to even be playing 1st grade at the minute the way they are playing!

Tell me again Diego who got Souths players player and coaches player of the year last year?

On this forum he is also joint leading with Cody Walker for this player of the year!

Sam Burgess shows more heart, works harder than prob rest of the team put together!

Also you critice Sam but what about Adam Reynolds? When was the last time he actually ran a ball? All he has is his kicking and now even that has gone to pot!

You seriously are deluded Diego!

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
Madge don't have turn up at ANZ aga
Diego hates Sam and always blames him for when stuff go wrong but sticks up for duds like Talaki when he gives away 2/3 trys a game?

Bet you are one of these who want to strip him of the captaincy and give it to Sutton or Reynolds? Well I'm telling you now them 2 are lucky to even be playing 1st grade at the minute the way they are playing!

Tell me again Diego who got Souths players player and coaches player of the year last year?

On this forum he is also joint leading with Cody Walker for this player of the year!

Sam Burgess shows more heart, works harder than prob rest of the team put together!

Also you critice Sam but what about Adam Reynolds? When was the last time he actually ran a ball? All he has is his kicking and now even that has gone to pot!

Are you nuts? You want Reynolds to run? If he runs into a mozzie at speed, he might dislocate a hip or something.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Highlights of the game was when Crichton shouted at Reynolds when the Seagulls scored their first try and the Ref blowing his whistle for full time.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I remember a few months agos when Turner was resigned plenty in here complained about it. He doesn't do enough it was said. I pointed out that for someone who probably wasn't on a lot of Money he does his job for the team. Still it wasn't enough. His stats wasn't good enough. He averaged 78m a game and 34 tackles per game and it wasn't enough, he was a dud, should be at bears etc.
After last night's performance i dared to criticise sam. I criticised him for playing poorly and not standing up and leading the team. Of course i was attacked. Sam farts rose scents. He was our best last night. He tried his heart out. It's unfair to call out a bad performance from him etc etc.

It's kinda weird when i looked at his stats after the game. 78m, 34 tackles. Does that make him a dud now?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I remember a few months agos when Turner was resigned plenty in here complained about it. He doesn't do enough it was said. I pointed out that for someone who probably wasn't on a lot of Money he does his job for the team. Still it wasn't enough. His stats wasn't good enough. He averaged 78m a game and 34 tackles per game and it wasn't enough, he was a dud, should be at bears etc.
After last night's performance i dared to criticise sam. I criticised him for playing poorly and not standing up and leading the team. Of course i was attacked. Sam farts rose scents. He was our best last night. He tried his heart out. It's unfair to call out a bad performance from him etc etc.

It's kinda weird when i looked at his stats after the game. 78m, 34 tackles. Does that make him a dud now?

Tom Burgess was actually our best forward last night statistically wise. He was the only forward that looked interested in winning.

Yes Sam didn't play well but a bad performance from Sam is still better than a lot of other forwards in the NRL.

Turner played centre for a lot of the game which is why he had so many missed tackles. I don't think anyone on here can say he played bad when our backline couldn't put a set play together without dropping the ball.

souths_reborn

Juniors

Sam is not immune from criticism. There is no doubt that there have been weaknesses in his game. For instance, his handling errors last year were a real hindrance to our team and most people on here pointed that out. Similarly, a few years ago when he had disciplinary issues, most people on here criticised him for that as well. My overall point is that we are not showing Sam favoritism simply because of past performances and what he did in 2014. The guy is legitimately our most consistent player week in, week out. You have to take into account too that rugby league is a team sport; Sam cannot do it alone no matter how much he is paid or how good he is! This is what Jarryd Hayne needs to get through his thick skull! He needs players around him to step up and perform. Even in 2014, we had many players in the team making contributions which won us the premiership. The same sort of thing is unfolding with the Cowboys at the moment with Thurston. Yes, JT is arguably the greatest of all time but he can't do it himself and that is why the Tigers beat them up in Townsville a few weeks ago despite the Cowboys still fielding a pretty strong side. Does that make JT an ordinary player?

What happened last night was not solely Sam's fault. In saying that, you can't really say he played well. Its a bit hard to say that anyone played well when you look at the team's performances. Hence, I think when you look at the overall performance of the side the only real conclusion you can reach is to blame the playing group collectively; you can't really lay accountability on one player because everyone made errors. What is happening is the natural instinctive reaction of looking for a scapegoat simply because you cannot find a logical reason as to why we lacked attitude after performing so well after last week.

southsport

First Grade
Was it Madge or Rusty?
I'll say it again, Coffs Harbour was the catalyst. Look at the players who were involved in that situation. Shining in the new clubs respectively. Look at us, further down the ladder.

Agree with you to some extent but I think the downward spiral started in 2015 when Madge was given complete control.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Correctamundo.

Bravo, bravo.........

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Well I'll have a go and try to catch on. Based on your complete lack of grammar and wealth of question marks would your "dud list" consist of the following:

Alien
Rabbits20
Shadow

No?

images
oi R20 another dont knower.....Shadow...

Silent Knight

First Grade
images
oi R20 another dont knower.....Shadow...

Well I will admit I sometimes wake up the morning after a bender and realise I have no idea I what I got up to the night before. You could say I'm a don't knower in such a state. I start to worry about the worst thing I could have done and start to sweat about it...

BZWCFP6CYAA1eLg.jpg

But then I have a look in the mirror and see a full complement of shiny white teeth and realise it couldn't have been that bad.

Latest posts