What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Well, I hate losing so I thought it'd be best to look forward to next week...and it really doesn't look too good!

What would your team look like?

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Denan Kemp (if fit)
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Alex Glenn
10. Shane Tronc
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Lagi Setu
17. Scott Anderson

JW

Coach
*sigh*

I doubt we'll be able to compete that much in this game.

Melbourne has always been able to exploit our ever lasting problem of not being able to wrap up the ball or make effective tackles, especially up the middle where the Storm are at their best.

We also clearly lack any kind of plan in attack. Granted we're completely rooted on the injury front and this is the most inexperienced (and inept) Brisbane side ever fielded, but 90% of them seem to have absolutely no idea what to do out there, including a few older heads.

Screw the scoreboard this week, it's time to get back to basics and start again. Basic, boring crap until they gain a touch of confidence and start to get troops back. And for God's sake I want to see some commitment for the 80. Chins up and best foot forward lads.

As for the 17, undecided. But let's not go with "that" bench this time, lol. Two backs FFS.

JW

Coach
Pretty sure Gillett was out for 4.

Winters should be a straight swap for Kempy.

renouf

Juniors
Can't see Lockyer backing up from the test.. so we'll be without both of our halves.. should be a flogging

beads6

First Grade
Well hopefully, the Storm stars don't back up this weekend. I can't handle Billy Slater scoring 8 tries!

Dazzat

First Grade
All is not lost ... take heart in that three try burst in the first half. The side show glimpses of brilliance, but not sustained over the 80 minutes.

Clearly without our regular No. 9 and No. 7 out there we will struggle ... any team will! We've gone through these stretches before where so much depends on Lockyer, and we always struggle. Without a smart dummy half the defense really isn't left guessing as to where the balls going to go.

I'm willing to give Ben Hunt one or two more shots at the halfback position ... let's face it we don't have a choice.

Put Gillett, Wallace and McCullough on the park last night we would have won by ...? Can't see us beating the Storm though.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I dont care. Im gunna be at a noisy pub with 23 beers in front of me and my fingers in my ears going "lalalalalalalala"

I'll keep this up for 90 minutes too.

Then when i crawl out of bed the next day i'll check the score very, very carefully. I'll probably cry a little bit (i often do hungover) but at least i'll have one thought to console me...

"I'D RATHER SUPPORT AN OUT OF SORTS sh*tTY TEAM, THAN SUPPORT A TEAM OF CHEATS!"

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I agree next week the team has to go back to basics next week.

1 Defence
2 Ball Control
3 and Discipline

I don't think locky will back up from the kangaroos, not that he deserves to be picked based on his current form.

1Hoffman
2Winterstein/ Kemp or Micheals if they are not fit
3Teo
4Folau
5Yow Yeh
6Norman
7Hunt
8Tronc
9Baptiste
10Dodds
11Thaiday
12Lui
13Parker

14Setu
15Glenn
16Beale
17Anderson

whykickamoocow

Juniors
I agree next week the team has to go back to basics next week.

1 Defence
2 Ball Control
3 and Discipline

I don't think locky will back up from the kangaroos, not that he deserves to be picked based on his current form.

1Hoffman
2Winterstein/ Kemp or Micheals if they are not fit
3Teo
4Folau
5Yow Yeh
6Norman
7Hunt
8Tronc
9Baptiste
10Dodds
11Thaiday
12Lui
13Parker

14Setu
15Glenn
16Beale
17Anderson
I'll settle for this team if you take Beale out and put Sims/McGuire in

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Sorry for the double post but if 2 of the Kemp, Winterstein and Copley trio are fit Yow Yeh is out fior me as well. To me the kid doesn't look fully fit and has come back early through circumstance. Full credit to him and fully fit his in my team for sure but he don't look comfy to me. Whether it's injury or confidence I don't know but he don't look right

Country Bronco

Juniors
I dont care. Im gunna be at a noisy pub with 23 beers in front of me and my fingers in my ears going "lalalalalalalala"

I'll keep this up for 90 minutes too.

Then when i crawl out of bed the next day i'll check the score very, very carefully. I'll probably cry a little bit (i often do hungover) but at least i'll have one thought to console me...

"I'D RATHER SUPPORT AN OUT OF SORTS sh*tTY TEAM, THAN SUPPORT A TEAM OF CHEATS!"

My denial and ignorance starts now. Broncos? who are they? I ask.

I can keep this up all week.

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Lockyer
2. Kemp
3. Teo
4. Folau
5. Winterstein
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Alex Glenn
10. Shane Tronc
11. Ashton Simms
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Langi Setu
15. Scott Anderson
16. Josh MacGuire
17. ANY RESERVE HOOKER- No idea who though.

- Lockyer to fullback
- Norman and Hunt to have a go as a combination
- Reserve hooker in the side.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
1. Lockyer
2. Kemp
3. Teo
4. Folau
5. Winterstein
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Alex Glenn
10. Shane Tronc
11. Ashton Simms
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Langi Setu
15. Scott Anderson
16. Josh MacGuire

- Lockyer to fullback

Another one to add to your idiotic post count

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Lockyer
2. Kemp
3. Teo
4. Folau
5. Winterstein
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Alex Glenn
10. Shane Tronc
11. Ashton Simms
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Langi Setu
15. Scott Anderson
16. Josh MacGuire

- Lockyer to fullback

Locky to fullback? Are you off your f**king head or just an unserious moron?

lockyno1

Post Whore
No, I think it is time to give Norman/Hunt some time in the halves. Lockyer will always be a fullback.