What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One Record

thebigredv

First Grade
Surely Saturday must have set a record for a first round victory for the Dragons (St George or merged, and Illawarra for that matter). We are not traditionally great starters. When was the last time we romped to a victory like that in round one? Would have taken us 4 or 5 rounds to score that many last year.

jak

Bench
how many times have we won round one in the last upteen years ???

thebigredv

First Grade
Not often. It's a nice change but it means very little if they don't show up v parra. The scary thing is McGregor's teams usually start better than they finish.

Also, I think we beat Parra in about 1960 (before my time) by about 50 odd points in round one which is our record.

Reactions: jak

Minh

First Grade
Best start I've seen in donkeys years, a good win against Parra would have me believing a bit more...

giboz71

First Grade
I remember us putting 40 on the Tigers in Round 1 2014, Widdop's debut. I thought we finally had a star half.

He reminded me how good he can be last Sunday.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I remember us putting 40 on the Tigers in Round 1 2014, Widdop's debut. I thought we finally had a star half.

Yep how good was that game.. after luke brooks towelled us up the game before, was great to see us come out and dominate them..

Ace-STi

Juniors

Remember at start but we were down 18-0 my tigers mate was chuffed! Went into HT 20-18 before winning 46-24 I believ

possm

Coach
Many on here in the past have suggested we would do well if Mary ditched his stupid game plan. It seems that plan was ditched and we did do well.

In round two we need to stay focussed, repeating the power game in attack and sliding quickly in defence to cover the long pass or kick to in-defended space out wide; especially on the left side.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Many on here in the past have suggested we would do well if Mary ditched is stupid game plan. It seems that plan was ditched and we did do well.

In round two we need to stay focussed, repeating the power game in attack and sliding quickly in defence to cover the long pass or kick to in-defended space out wide; especially on the left side.

Yep, guilty as charged, but Mary had no choice but to change things up.

The halves playing what they see, after their big pigs have steamrolled the defensive line like ten pins!

I like what I see...

Latest posts