What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Thank God Its Nearly Over - Other Games

Chipmunk

Coach
I reckon the Panthers have got a dream run in the Semis. Dogs first - no Hoppa - seriously out of sorts.

Followed by either Raiders without Wighton and Austin or Sharks who have got the shakes. Then it will get tough!

There are two teams playing each other this weekend that I think will meet in thr GF.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are two teams playing each other this weekend that I think will meet in thr GF.
In recent years it has been common (2015 and '13) for the grand final teams to meet in week one of the finals. Prior to that it hadn't happened since 2005, but since 2012 the top four have all played each other in week one.

Oscarman

Juniors
Ennis gets the 'Greenberg loves everyone who plays or played for the Dogs' discount. Wighton is lucky he doesn't play for us.

strider

Post Whore
I think Wighton is a few sandwiches short of a picnic... they were up my how many points when he did his shoulder charge? It was a second rower ffs, not like he was gonna burn you off .... massive brain snap heading into the finals ... and he's done some dodgy throws n shit in the past

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
In recent years it has been common (2015 and '13) for the grand final teams to meet in week one of the finals. Prior to that it hadn't happened since 2005, but since 2012 the top four have all played each other in week one.

From memory dragons played storm in 1999 twice in the finals

Chipmunk

Coach

So 50% of the time that the Top 4 has played each other in Week 1 of the Finals, one of the two matches that occurred went on to play again in Grand FInal...interesting.

Gronk

Staff member
Ricky & Jack holding hands on the way to the judiciary.

proxy.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they got there late too, not that there is anything wrong with that

strider

Post Whore
I am happy he got off ... i dont really like the no shoulder charge rule for starters ... and its probably fair since ennis got nothing (tho i think wightons was worse)

BUT .... it is f**king ridiculous to NOT call what he did a shoulder charge .... if you can get off that cos your arm was 5cm from being tucked into your side for a fraction of a second, then the whole thing is a farce

IFR33K

Coach
I am happy he got off ... i dont really like the no shoulder charge rule for starters ... and its probably fair since ennis got nothing (tho i think wightons was worse)

BUT .... it is f**king ridiculous to NOT call what he did a shoulder charge .... if you can get off that cos your arm was 5cm from being tucked into your side for a fraction of a second, then the whole thing is a farce

How about all the other merkins that got suspended throughout the the year? They'd be absolutely filthy. NRL is a joke, more often than not.

I guess now a precedent has now been set for the semis..

How about all the other merkins that got suspended throughout the the year? They'd be absolutely filthy. NRL is a joke, more often than not.

I guess now a precedent has now been set for the semis..
I don't know when they came up with these 3 points that have to be satisfied to call it a shoulder charge. I suspect it was the night they tried to figure out how to get Ennis off. But it was that which led to Wighton's clearing.

And Todd doesn't give a f**k about precedents. Or benchmarking one punishment against another. But he understands why fans would do that. Bless him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The MRC is a farce, they both should of been rubbed out, didn't Gubb from the Warriors get 5 weeks for a shoulder charge that wasn't as bad as Wightons??? The NRL find new ways every day to show how incompetent they are.

Latest posts