What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roy masters to replace buzz on controversy corner.

nickdragons90

Juniors
I know this will probably not take off, but seeing Roy masters on controversy corner, When old buzzard was of annoying the Russians. It was refreshing to see a journalist who cares about the game, I understand the revamp of controversy corner based on the show in the 70s or 80snot sure what decade of the top of my head. But masters in my opinion should replace rothfield as the journalist on the show.

taipan

Referee
I know this will probably not take off, but seeing Roy masters on controversy corner, When old buzzard was of annoying the Russians. It was refreshing to see a journalist who cares about the game, I understand the revamp of controversy corner based on the show in the 70s or 80snot sure what decade of the top of my head. But masters in my opinion should replace rothfield as the journalist on the show.

I reckon the 3,000 year old frozen ice man they discovered in the Italian Mtns and now under preservation.,would be a better fit than Rothfield,and probably provide more substance in a debate.

Controversy Corner was on Channel 7 during the 1970s and early 1980s when Channel 7 had the rights to rugby league. It was always on the Sunday morning.The panel used to consist of Rex Mossopp, Alan Clarkson (journbalists with the Sydney Morning Herald), Col Pearce (ex-referee), Ferris Ashton (Roosters) and Noel Kelly (Magpies).

Photo of that panel -

300b60f300a7be644ad24f89b150bd339468cd7b

If you want to watch a clip (which reviews the 3rd Test between Australia and Great Britain) from 1979 of the original -

nickdragons90

Juniors
Controversy Corner was on Channel 7 during the 1970s and early 1980s when Channel 7 had the rights to rugby league. It was always on the Sunday morning.The panel used to consist of Rex Mossopp, Alan Clarkson (journbalists with the Sydney Morning Herald), Col Pearce (ex-referee), Ferris Ashton (Roosters) and Noel Kelly (Magpies).

Photo of that panel -

300b60f300a7be644ad24f89b150bd339468cd7b

If you want to watch a clip (which reviews the 3rd Test between Australia and Great Britain) from 1979 of the original -

Thank you for that. I wasn’t sure what era, way before my time, the clip was good. Thank you for posting it.

ram raid

Bench
I find the segment painful and mostly because of Rothfield, although Blocker is pretty punish as well. I like the idea of it - opinionated debate - but when the personalities of the people involved are so grating it has me reaching or my mute button. Harrigan and that other bloke are OK. Would like to see Kent on there and maybe a player. Luke Lewis is ok in his NRL 360 role.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I find the segment painful and mostly because of Rothfield, although Blocker is pretty punish as well. I like the idea of it - opinionated debate - but when the personalities of the people involved are so grating it has me reaching or my mute button. Harrigan and that other bloke are OK. Would like to see Kent on there and maybe a player. Luke Lewis is ok in his NRL 360 role.

Rothfield is painful. Though I like Blocker he just needs to pull back a little and let others talk.