What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
Alot of talk by the Rugby mob about going back to 3 teams, without the talent spread over 5 teams the results of Austrlian Teams will improve. And with less mouths to feed they will be able to compete better financially for top players.

As a league fan I currently love the current Super Rugby set up, let's hope it never changes.

t-ba

Post Whore
No it wasn’t already dead

thanks for the semantics lmao

let’s ignore how sucessrful super rugby was for a long time

Semantics? Damn me pointing out how it was already f**ked long before the Saffas left!

How was it in 2019?

super rugby crowds in 2019

the reds and Waratahs would kill for those crowds now lmao

Read the article brother. They are talking about an 'indicative average', which means only on reported crowds. Super Rugby stopped reliably posting crowds a while ago. Now that indicative average for the Waratahs on 2019 is 13,333, which is actually less than 2023's indicative average. Brumbies 'indicative average in 2019 was 8,332, 2023 was 8900.

Comp was dead long before South Africa left mate.

Wb1234

Referee
Semantics? Damn me pointing out how it was already f**ked long before the Saffas left!

How was it in 2019?

Read the article brother. They are talking about an 'indicative average', which means only on reported crowds. Super Rugby stopped reliably posting crowds a while ago. Now that indicative average for the Waratahs on 2019 is 13,333, which is actually less than 2023's indicative average. Brumbies 'indicative average in 2019 was 8,332, 2023 was 8900.

Comp was dead long before South Africa left mate.
Hey if you wanna believe it more power to you if it helps you win the internet lmao

CAS

Juniors
221 posts in 19 years ? And I thought I was a slow poster :D

Yes, the Wallabies fans in the crowd were the perfect cliche of a rugby fan, 55 to 65yrs old, white, and wearing a Rolex...or Tag if you want to go low key.

There would be alot of wives in Mosman and Rose Bay getting up to mischief while thier hubbies have scooted over to France to watch the rugby
I am 52, watched Rugby league since I was 7 years old, played it, coached it, seriously fell out of love with it for a good few years because frankly it became boring as hell and turned into wrestling for some reason. As I said in the crowd thread, it’s back to what I loved, exciting and skill levels on show, I can’t wait for the next game, hell yesterday I watched the Knights women semi final and was blown away by the game. Rugby Union I have never been a fan of, but I will always own up to a good game and they can still throw up a good game but they are few and far between. It’s their utter arrogance and shit housery I despise, I love to see them struggle.

Pneuma

First Grade
Ten years ago or thereabouts I was still a union official here in Tassie. We had a luncheon with a wallaby as guest speaker. Over 200 attended. I got on the piss with some ARU officials (I’m good at that) and asked them how the game was going. They said after the World Cup it was flying and the world was their oyster. They said that now this trip to Hobart was their big day out. The money had all gone. Ten years later and it’s even worse. Enjoy!

Bukowski

Juniors
Alot of talk by the Rugby mob about going back to 3 teams, without the talent spread over 5 teams the results of Austrlian Teams will improve. And with less mouths to feed they will be able to compete better financially for top players.

As a league fan I currently love the current Super Rugby set up, let's hope it never changes.
They're in a pickle arnt they. They can't kick out the force as they will lose Twiggys money. They could go back to four at best.

wazdog

Juniors