What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Wb1234

Referee
Interesting reading about the last 3 Union World Cup profits, England made 30m AUD, France finished with a small profit ( largely due to thier major sponsor pulling out at the last minute and blow outs with costs ( ironicly leading to the League world cup being canned )) and Japan had a modest profit.

Former ARU Chair McLennan was quoting numbers of 100m profit expected for Australia 2027.... unless RA has found a miracle way to make triple the profit, they will fall way short of that.

Rugby Australia are going to be flat out repaying thier loans if the World Cup isn't a huge success.
IRB will pay it back regardless

they paid the Aru 30 million pa last year up from 900k

30 percent of the aru revenue

I think that is why any RU players would be unlikely to switch to the NRL unless they are a superstar outside back or have previously played RL at a decent level
If the assumption is that this guy get $700k in RU - then I doubt any NRL club is going to match that unless he is some superstar
That would be criminal if RA is paying Gordon 700k. His agent is having a fking laugh if that's really what he asked for.

taste2taste

Juniors

Article is slightly tongue in cheek but we don’t want Walsh going to rugby. I like the reference to David Smith. He had some good ideas despite the haters.
Every club should have 2 marquee players.

It keeps the best 34 players in the game and they get paid thier true worth. It spreads the top talent evenly resulting in a closer competition which leads to bigger crowds and TV audiences

Latest posts