What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby league 2

Nuke

Staff member
I don't think there's another coming for a while yet (if at all). I know RL1 and RL2 has a large number of knockers and critics, but I love them. Admittedly, I have only played RL1 twice since I got RL2, but I do enjoy playing them (on PC ... I've never had a Playstation, X-Box, ect).

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
RL2 was good, so much better than RL1... i have them both on PS2, however my RL2 is scratched, so the other day i had to revert back to RL1... alehana, RL2 is worth it.

Billigan

Juniors
are they actually making a rugby league 3. i wish ea sports could make the next rugby league game

Big Pete

Referee
While RL2 felt polish, it failed to fix the poor AI within the game which utlimately hurt it. That being said it's stolen 100+ hours of my life and it will probably take plenty more before I'm through with it...or the disc gives out on me.

If they were to make a RL3, these would be my idea's...

-Better commentary, Rabs, Sterlo and Gould. Voss on sidelines.
- Set plays
- Better kicking mechanics, especially for bombs. AI should be more alert and chase through.
- Personal AI stats (Make a ton of tackles, Tackle less but make big hits, go to dummy half, stay out on wing etc. etc.)
- Better AI all round, make defence tougher to penetrate (less gaps generating). Better support play (especially from fullbacks) etc.

Franchise Mode:
- Have a Big League mag. to check on possible signings/releases
- QRL, NSW Cup and Toyota Cup included...makes for better depth management.
- If coach for rep teams the ability to select those sides
- In depth training

Create a Player
- DL content updates the game when neccesary
- More indepth like a WWE game if possible.

Many more to come...

bulldog

Bench
I had a look at Sidhes forums a while ago, they said RL3 is not in development and probably would not be any time soon, the small install base of this generations consoles means the retrun they would get would not cover the costs.

As for wether or not they are worth picking up: I wouldn't even look at them if they weren't Rugby League games.

Bumble

First Grade
It was a f**king abomination. Impossible to stick to the salary cap in franchise mode, some teams actually played more games than others in the regular season, and regen players were making all the rep teams within the first season of the game.

Terrible stuff.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
It was a f**king abomination. Impossible to stick to the salary cap in franchise mode, some teams actually played more games than others in the regular season, and regen players were making all the rep teams within the first season of the game.

Terrible stuff.

:clap: Quoted for truth.

I signed a lock, Paul Johnson his name was (I thought it was the pommy at first), 163cm tall, weighed 102kg and rated 4/10 for defence, only in my squad to cover injuries (and how ridiculous were the injuries!) so he never played, and he was the starting lock for NSW. How did they manage to f**k up so badly?

I signed Buderus from Newcastle, his speed somehow increased to 9/10 (equal to Minichello) and he played until he was 36. And while I'm ranting, the signings by the computer were so stupid, by the end of the 10 years the Warriors were running props in the centres and backrowers on the wing, and the Tigers had Karmichael Hunt and Matt King as their props. All this for what, wasn't it $90 when it came out 3 years ago?

Don't give them a cent of your money, we're better off with no league games than completely broken ones.

nöyd

Staff member

I signed a lock, Paul Johnson his name was (I thought it was the pommy at first), 163cm tall, weighed 102kg and rated 4/10 for defence, only in my squad to cover injuries (and how ridiculous were the injuries!) so he never played, and he was the starting lock for NSW. How did they manage to f**k up so badly?

I signed Buderus from Newcastle, his speed somehow increased to 9/10 (equal to Minichello) and he played until he was 36. And while I'm ranting, the signings by the computer were so stupid, by the end of the 10 years the Warriors were running props in the centres and backrowers on the wing, and the Tigers had Karmichael Hunt and Matt King as their props. All this for what, wasn't it $90 when it came out 3 years ago?

Don't give them a cent of your money, we're better off with no league games than completely broken ones.

Yep. It was sh*t. I have RL2 here if anyone needs a coaster.

Bumble

First Grade

Exactly. This game came off totally smelling of "They'll buy it anyway, they have no alternative"

Alehana

Juniors
how much woould it be worth now,
i just got rugby 2008 and i want to let ea know some things that their editing didn't pick up

FFS do u know english cause the names of the players are dead wrong
Justin Harrison- not J hairissong
S. Betson not Bantson
C.Cullen not C.Callam

Bloody hell, and giteua playing outside centre for the force- he's NEVER played there in his life.

Since when did a player play till he was 36??? and dont they age after every season.

EVERYTIME i score or the opposition does and an injury the game freezes, ur editing sucks.

Maybe if u hired a person who knows a little about rugby then u may get these things right, eg team lists, names- hell just get greg clarke of foxsports and these things wouldn't haunt the game,

i was looking foreward to it, and since 05 the game has inproved alot, but these little things make me start to question whether i wasted my money

Now that thats out of my system...
does any1 know how much it is league 2, cause if its under 50 i'm on the next bus into town.

theres this period during the week where im' craving league action, so this is the only cure.

Azkatro

First Grade

I hope you don't mind me saying that I pissed myself laughing reading that, but it is a bit of a tragedy. I started scratching my head back when I had a game against the Roosters and the halfback was Jason Cayless. It was all downhill from there ...

bulldog

Bench
how much woould it be worth now

If you pay more than $20 then you aren't getting your moneys worth.

All this for what, wasn't it $90 when it came out 3 years ago?

That's what I paid on release day, I was back at EB 2 days later returning it, got store credit put towards a set of 5.1 speakers and went home happy. I'm not in the habit of paying $90 for something of the same standard as shareware and the support offered up by Sidhe for the numerous issues amounted to - Contact HES, we can't, won't and aren't allowed to do anything on this game without their permission.

Don't get me started on the commentary either, woeful.

The only advice I got from Mario over on the Sidhe forums was to take it back if I wasn't happy, so I did.

adamkungl

Immortal
not worth buying, and i sure hope there isnt another. at least not from the same devs.

Its sort of fun, but limited in any sort of decent tactics or depth, rather buggy (improved over 1 but still), and various aspects are utter sh*te. Meh. No thanks.

Eelmatta

I wouldn't mind trying RL 2 for PC regardless of what I heard it's still a NRL game. Why can't anyone make a RL game like Rugby 08 why do them Union bastichs get a decent game it pmo. C'mon EA make one for the fans but since I am in Canada if they didn't make one for PC i'd be screwed curse the PAL/NTSC formats why can't there just be one geez.

Alehana

Juniors
I wouldn't mind trying RL 2 for PC regardless of what I heard it's still a NRL game. Why can't anyone make a RL game like Rugby 08 why do them Union bastichs get a decent game it pmo. C'mon EA make one for the fans but since I am in Canada if they didn't make one for PC i'd be screwed curse the PAL/NTSC formats why can't there just be one geez.

hahah EA rubgy 08 is done by a bunch of amatures, definately not worth 100, read my earlier post u'll c why, and go on google and look up forums,

Eelmatta

hahah EA rubgy 08 is done by a bunch of amatures, definately not worth 100, read my earlier post u'll c why, and go on google and look up forums,

I'm sure it is but its still better than RL2 sad to say, I haven't played RL but I have seen videos and it doesn't look better. But saying they wouldn't make profit is bs, seriously how many copies of Rugby 08 did EA push I don't think it was a staggering amount. If EA made RL using Rugby 08 engine but just taking it that one step further it would excellent and cheaper to make, then they would have to add Super League to it to broaden the audience if it consisted of NRL and Super League options to play both I'm sure RL fans in UK would check it out.
Then don't stop there Market it in NA, it probably wouldn't do that great but i'm sure some people would buy it I for one would. You gotta expand and expose the game it's what it needs. There's a market out there for it you just gotta have the right marketing

Billigan

Juniors
While RL2 felt polish, it failed to fix the poor AI within the game which utlimately hurt it. That being said it's stolen 100+ hours of my life and it will probably take plenty more before I'm through with it...or the disc gives out on me.

If they were to make a RL3, these would be my idea's...

-Better commentary, Rabs, Sterlo and Gould. Voss on sidelines.
- Set plays
- Better kicking mechanics, especially for bombs. AI should be more alert and chase through.
- Personal AI stats (Make a ton of tackles, Tackle less but make big hits, go to dummy half, stay out on wing etc. etc.)
- Better AI all round, make defence tougher to penetrate (less gaps generating). Better support play (especially from fullbacks) etc.

Franchise Mode:
- Have a Big League mag. to check on possible signings/releases
- QRL, NSW Cup and Toyota Cup included...makes for better depth management.
- If coach for rep teams the ability to select those sides
- In depth training

Create a Player
- DL content updates the game when neccesary
- More indepth like a WWE game if possible.

Many more to come...

Agree

and also it would be awsome if the put a new feature in so that you can create your own stadium like in madden