What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

\"Rugby league\" and its competiton

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
well yesterday i decided id hire out Rugby 2004 and gayfl live 2004...

Rugby 2004:
playing the computer on hard was too easy..i scored 136pts against australia..i was the blues..and it was in 10min halfs..the animation is just pathetic.. passing blows and kicking?? is there even a need for it in this game..graphics look like poo. The world league was interesting but what fun is it when the game play is just plain shit? and dont get me started on the commentary..i didnt think it could get so low..

Gayfl Live 2004:[/b]
Lets just say that i actually turned it off to play rugby 2004!!!! this game not only is worse then rugby 2004 but actually makes rugby look good, not much else to say..its just pathetic..i cant believe ppl actually made this pile of poo.

the verdict:
lol Rugby league would only need to get to the loading screen and it would of surpassed rugby 2004 and AFL live 2004...its true i couldnt of been more dissapointed with rugby and AFL 2004..

Munky

Coach
Well I have played the Rugby 2004 demo and it is shite. Why must you come to a near halt when you pass the ball? Why from the ruck can't I pass to my forwards? How come everytime I pass to my winger I score a try?

Speaking of AFl Live 2004, I have heard it the most buggy game in existence. Players stop chasing the ball. Halfway through a quarter decide they are going the other way.

Seriously it won't take much effort to beat either of these games. However from what I here this game is gonna rival the great ISS series for sports gameplay.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well to be honest I can't see it surpassing the old ISS or the current PES games (the current games called "ISS" are just arcade bollocks, the good games are now the PES series). But it hardly needs to as those games are so far ahead of anything else despite some FIFA fans objections.

Matta

Juniors
Both AFL Live and Rugby2004 are shit. Don't buy them. It's not worth it. Better getting Rugby League. It's better (I know it will be...) ;-) ;-) ;-)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I played the Rugby 2004 demo, and I thought it was like Fifa '98. What have they done to the graphics? :shock:

I would still recommed Rugby 2001, than bloody 2004. I reckon the Rugby League would sh*tt all over both games. :D

Matta

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2, its says you joined at 14 Aug 2003, and the Raiders came 8th in 2002, so whats so proud about being 8th?

***MH***

Bench
Matta said:
canberra_raiders2k2, its says you joined at 14 Aug 2003, and the Raiders came 8th in 2002, so whats so proud about being 8th?
CR2k2 was a prominent member of Rleague.com forums.... long serving member! welcome to the front row 2k2!

Special K

Coach
The rugby game is rather fun. I rented it out and yeah the graphics blow but you can pull off some great tries.

AxeJuggler

Juniors
Yeh, i agree, the graphics are shit in rugby 2004 and that the physics are really shit, but i enjoy beating the crap out of other teams with my 2 meter tall 120 kilogram self made and named player, who has 100% acclearation and 100% speed.

i played them both for the first time today and found that rugby 04 was more boring and dull than the actual sport itself. AFL seemed a good game if you're into it - i quite enjoyed it even though i was terrible at it. One crappy thing i noticed about AFL was that in the crowd at the MCG i saw 1 sole flag ... pretty dodgy if you ask me - would have looked better with none...

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
this is off the subject of australian games but its football none the less...
this game is actually good competition to Rugby League even though its only a demo.
recently i've been playing Madden 2004 demo and realised how much detail they go into in this game. they go into such detail as hair on the arms, tattoos, veins etc. stuff that you can only notice if you really look.

well anyway, thats all i have to say about it. lets hope that Rugby League can eliminate all EA games in every point possible

Kasper

Bench
Matta said:
Both AFL Live and Rugby2004 are sh*t. Don't buy them. It's not worth it. Better getting Rugby League. It's better (I know it will be...) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Thankyou captain obvious. :?: :p

devonuto

Juniors
ReplicatedGod said:
this is off the subject of australian games but its football none the less...
this game is actually good competition to Rugby League even though its only a demo.
recently i've been playing Madden 2004 demo and realised how much detail they go into in this game. they go into such detail as hair on the arms, tattoos, veins etc. stuff that you can only notice if you really look.

well anyway, thats all i have to say about it. lets hope that Rugby League can eliminate all EA games in every point possible

For how many years has this been revamped...? 8???? it's alot easier to add to a game than create a brand new one from scratch.

Rugby 2004, Cricket 2002... both EA games.

Not to be forgetting, EA is only a distribution company, they don't actually MAKE the games... that would be like crediting HES with the League game, and forgetting about Sidhe.

Mario

Juniors
devonuto said:
Not to be forgetting, EA is only a distribution company, they don't actually MAKE the games... that would be like crediting HES with the League game, and forgetting about Sidhe.

EA actually do make a significant proportion of their games inhouse - they have EA development studios in the US, Canada, etc

Most of their big franchises like FIFA, Madden, etc are done inhouse (one of our former employees is working at EA Vancouver on FIFA 2005).

Niche stuff like Cricket and Rugby they farm out to independent developers.

Occasionally, stuff like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger from Krome in Brisbane gets published too.

So, EA do a little bit of everything.

Mario,
if you ever got the opportunity to make a cricket game would you do it?? i'd love to be able to offer some ideas for a cricket game - i find the older ones are rubbish ....well, except super international cricket on snes