What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League needs a strong Dictator

One of the things i have always liked about rugby league is that it isn't a democracy.
they don't waste time with voting. the people have no say which is just as well. can you imagine what a mess it would be if the fans had a say?
but i think Rugby league dossent go far enough.
too many people are on the bored of control and that meens they cant agree on simple things.
i say we should have just one person doing it all. sorta like in Roman times.
you have a bloke who just sits in a chair all day and listens to whinging and makes decisions.
if a ref sent off a player then both the ref and player have to front the boss. if the player is wrong then the boss can do with what he likes but if the ref is wrong then the boss can punish him too. maybe the boss will punish both - this would be the most common thing to happen.
the punishment can range from everyone being allowed to kickthem right up to public hanging. it would soon stop the dirty players and bad referees.
also the boss could decide who gets paid what and when tours are held and when manly are allowed to to die. the list is endless.
i think itsa great idea and can't see how anyone could disagree.

O

ozbash

johnny, i like your idea,,specially the bit about the refs.
dont we already have the "boss" ? jim hall. he,s the bloke i would like to be publicly hung.....

I don't know much about this jim hall man but he sounds like he would not make a good boss. i think he is not tough enuff and listens too much to other peeple
i was thinking of someone smart like me actually. i think i could do the job good and teach the young kiddies how to play too
on my plan, no one is allowed to play past 30 years old anyway so we would havda start them straight from basic training in boot camp.

O

ozbash

excellent scheme there johnny. i reckon all coaches should have an electric prodder, just to keep any uppity young players in line.
you would be the ultimate boss, your intelligence is incredible....
emwink.gif

thankyou mr ozbash. i am ofden told this by my own cadets.

if you like, i can let you help and i will put you in charge of the cattle prods. - u may think this is your idea but i will take credit for it. if it is a bad idea then you havda take the blame. thats one of the quirx of being dictator.
bye the way. its ok here to call me johhny but in the judgment room you must call me boss or commander - ok?

L

legend

Is this another Dog-T episode in the making? Me thinks so. Bronco, get to work mate.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually, come to think about it... one person making all the decisions is a good idea. We could do worst! In factI think the current system is worst than JR's suggestion. This guy know his stuff!
emwink.gif

G@v

Juniors
Who else thinks that Johnny Rico is a cross between Action Man akaGI Joe and Rupert Murdoch.

Shows us yer scar Johnny, and are you really double jointed?

Do you come with yellow hair, brownor black?
emwink.gif

H

Hass

Rugby League needs a strong leader who is prepared to say- "we are doing it my way".

If he's going to cop the flak for it anyway, he mose well be making the decisions. Rugby League is being pulled in about 50 directions- none of them being forward.

Someone needs to seize power who has the interests of the game at heart and who is strong enough to repel others agendas within the organisation. He also needs to be strong enough to with-hold challenges to his leadership by disgruntled execs who aren't getting to run the game anymore.

If ever League needed a Dictator, then it's now.

Cheers.

mr bryce, i don't know much about this murdoch man but he sounds like a weak dictator. all i ever hear is other people doing his talking while he drinks caviar and sips on his shampain in his castle. some guy called moofett is supposed to be his worker right? but everytime i see mr moofett, he is acting like the boss. if I was dictator i would be offended so i think mr murdoch is no good.

mr gavbt, i know gi joe and actionman - they are good men and i would go into battle with them anytime. they are good followers and i am there superior.
we have Many scars - i have a very long scar of 43.6 centermetres on my personal firing barrell.
my hair is khaki. thakyou for asking.
I don't like what you say about being having double jointed - i made a promise to my family that i would never take even one drug so a double amount is out of the question. it is not good for you health so i suggest you give that stuff up.

mr hass, we are going to do this my way. the first thing we must do is round up the bored of control and i will decide there punishment while i drink there shampain.

Everybody must get involved. see mr ozbash forda electric cattle prods.

The late Ron McAuliffe was what you basically call a dictator (ie he ran things with an iron fist) when he was QRL supremo. He did some great things for league in the state but he did have his enemies. And the Brisbane club executives were glad to have done with him when he finally retired.

Interesting to note, the involvement of McAuliffe in the Norwood-McKay consortium was probably the main reason why they didn't get to be in charge of the new Brisbane NSWRL side in 1988. The Brisbane clubs voted for the Maranta-Morgan consortium instead and that eventually paid the way for the birth of the Broncos.