What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Union Sucks

Rugby Union Sucks, who are you exactly?

I take it your from Australia? from some of the posts I've seen from you.

What do you mean by Football? Soccer, AFLor League?

rj.

RJ,
I'm ashamed to say we have a genuine knights supporter here.

Newcastle may be the last place left on earth where 'football' only means one thing, Rugby League. All the other codes are are called by name, if they are ever reffered to at all that is.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well I call it Footy. Its aresult of me upbringing.

But I draw the line at calling the Knights 'Fun'...
emwink.gif

imported_Docker

Juniors
I have seen some tragic posts in various forums.

needless to say, this one is way down there with the bad ones.

But, yes, Rugby Union does suck. Perhaps 2000 too many rules.

H

hutch

rj, silly question. footy is league of course. it seems everywhere in the world, the most popular ball sport is referred to as football. gridiron in the usa, soccer in england, afl in vic, sa and wa, and rugby league in nsw, act and qld. rugby union will never be called fotty, because it is not the most popular sport

How come the Reds havent been able to sell out Ballymore with Wendy in their stripes?? They got about 16,000 last night,which is no where near a sellout. And they think they can host 48 games in Australia. Thats quite hilarious
emteeth.gif
They are living in shoes that are at least 5 sizes to big

Moffo.

Most people have already made up their mind as to whether or not they like union. The ARU are kidding themselves if they think signing league players will change people's views. The Wendell hype is already starting to get boring. Most people realise that he is just the same player that he was at the Broncos, only wearing a different jersey and getting the ball less.

Last week, the Reds' got a crowd of less than 14000. Admittedly, it was raining, but they must be very disappointed that Sailor didn't draw more peple through the gate this week. Ballymore isa great stadium for watching the footy, too.

Rather than hyping up league players, perhaps the Reds would be better off trying to play an attractive style of football instead of the boring crap that they've been serving up for years. The Brumbies are able to play a fast, attacking style of union - why can't other teams do it?

It's interesting that Wendall wanted to play for the brumbies.

Maybe the question shouldn't be how should League players adapt to Union, but which Union teams can adapt their style to use the attacking class of League players.

Wendall is a winger. You could have the best winger in the world, and if you stand him on the end of a line of plodders, he is wasted.

Roopy, your probably right, this guy probably is a genuine Knights fan.

And all of you, I can assure you this guy is not me.

He's dead right - Rugby Union sux, simple as.
But the Knights' are not fun, what are so fun about the Knights'?

Someone please tell me.

rj.