What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
Not sure about Ellis. He's had some rotten luck but hasn't really shown much imo. He's still got a long way to go ofc, just not sure yet.

Hetherington is gun though and Leota is NRL standard.

Yeh I think Ellis is a starter or nothing else. Goes all day in Cup but probably not one for impact.

betcats

Referee
If we lost Cleary and signed Brooks I don't think a single fan would be happy.

That would be the equivalent of losing Isaah Yeo and adding Boyd Cordner. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Besides defense what part of Clearys game is better than Brooks? Brooks has a better kicking game. Better vision. Better ball playing and IMO is a better ball runner. Luke brooks for the first 5 or 6 rounds was playing at level Cleary hasn't come close too in his career so far. Brooks at 18 had a better rookie season than Cleary did at 18.

In all seriousness Cleary’s goalkicking does have to be considered. He could possibly be the best goalkicker ever at the end of his career, or mighty close to it. Could be worth 4 points extra per game.

OldPanther

Coach
Brooks at 600k or Cleary at $1 million?

To me it’s a no brainer. Brooks at that price.

Like you said about his goal kicking. What's the extra points per game worth? Also Cleary has him for defence easily. Cleary has saved a few tries.

Not saying Nathan is worth $1m just food for thought.

betcats

Referee
Brooks didn't even have a real NRL coach until last season. The guys been playing in the worst spine in the NRL for years, his main development years have been through the Robbie farah/mick potter/Jason taylor bullshit.

Put Brooks in our squad he'd be fantastic I think.

OldPanther

Coach
Brooks didn't even have a real NRL coach until last season. The guys been playing in the worst spine in the NRL for years, his main development years have been through the Robbie farah/mick potter/Jason taylor bullshit.

Put Brooks in our squad he'd be fantastic I think.

Are we allowed to talk about Tigers players?

I'd take him if it came to that. Much worse options around.

martielang

Bench
Surely this is a case of the grass always being greener? Brooks & Taylor both have significant weaknesses that seem to be skimmed over in every argument V Cleary. Skimmed over or made excuses for, one of the two.

Brooks has played 4 good games in 3 years. Nearly every Tigers fan wanted him gone just 6 months ago & many still would if not for him showing loyalty.

mxlegend99

Referee
Besides defense what part of Clearys game is better than Brooks? Brooks has a better kicking game. Better vision. Better ball playing and IMO is a better ball runner. Luke brooks for the first 5 or 6 rounds was playing at level Cleary hasn't come close too in his career so far. Brooks at 18 had a better rookie season than Cleary did at 18.
Get your hand off it.

Brooks played a single game in his rookie season as an 18 year old. He then played about as many good games of footy each season as Luke Walsh did in the years since.

He's inconsistent and cant tackle

Brooks:
18 games for 7 try assists and 12 linebreak assists. 73.9% tackle efficiency

Cleary
9 games for 6 try assists and 6 linebreak assists. 83.3% tackle efficiency

In a season where out own fans now think Cleary is shit and not creative enough he has almost twice the strike rate for try assists as Luke Brooks does. Who hasn't had a serious injury or Origin disruptions.

As shit as you think Cleary is. The NSW Origin halfback a f**king shitload better than Luke Brooks. Who can have his good games counted on a single hand.

Edit
FIXED A TYPO. Not a made up stat

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Are we allowed to talk about Tigers players?

I'd take him if it came to that. Much worse options around.
Such as? Would prefer our reserve grade halves. If we're settling for an inferior player we might aswell go for the ones we have with potential to be developed into anything.

Brooks has hit his ceiling. Luai has only just scraped the surface and should have 20 or so games experience by 2020. If Cleary is gone odds are Maloney is kept for his final season and that's our halves.

I see Luai and Cleary or Maloney as our halves in 2020. Brooks would be a downgrade on any of the combinations from those players

franklin2323

Immortal
Get your hand off it.

Brooks played a single game in his rookie season as an 18 year old. He then played about as many good games of footy each season as Luke Walsh did in the years since.

He's inconsistent and cant tackle

Brooks:
18 games for 7 try assists and 12 linebreak assists. 73.9% tackle efficiency

Cleary
9 games for 6 try assists and 6 linebreak assists. 93.3% tackle efficiency

In a season where out own fans now think Cleary is shit and not creative enough he has almost twice the strike rate for try assists as Luke Brooks does. Who hasn't had a serious injury or Origin disruptions.

As shit as you think Cleary is. The NSW Origin halfback a f**king shitload better than Luke Brooks. Who can have his good games counted on a single hand.

Even against Taylor aside from try asists Cleary is better.

He played 17 games less yet has scored 3 tries extra.

Whatever Taylor is on should be Cleary's value

OldPanther

Coach
Such as? Would prefer our reserve grade halves. If we're settling for an inferior player we might aswell go for the ones we have with potential to be developed into anything.

Brooks has hit his ceiling. Luai has only just scraped the surface and should have 20 or so games experience by 2020. If Cleary is gone odds are Maloney is kept for his final season and that's our halves.

I see Luai and Cleary or Maloney as our halves in 2020. Brooks would be a downgrade on any of the combinations from those players

That option didn't occur to me. I blame 1:30am wake up. I like our rookies better and what you said about Maloney giving them time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts