What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Juniors
That's assuming that Chammas is correct. Why would he know? Rothfield would have headlined this if it were even a chance of being true!

I saw a report earlier in the week stating that we would have a massive warchest if Maloney left. - go figure.

Every clubs finances, salary caps etc are always just speculation.

OldPanther

Coach
The other thing is there is no way Luai isn't our 6 next year. They've had him in first grade all year to learn off Maloney and there's no way he'll wait another year.

I saw a report earlier in the week stating that we would have a massive warchest if Maloney left. - go figure.

Every clubs finances, salary caps etc are always just speculation.

The Chammas piece implies we’d have salary cap room if Maloney leaves.

What isn’t conjecture is that Bryan Fletcher said Blake & DWZ moving on was salary cap related.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ie. the current admin are rebuking their former GM in public, they’re clearly not happy.

Did anyone else read the comment below in this weeks Masked Panther article? He can only be referring to Gould as our one-time "powerbroker". But why does it need to get ugly, given Gould has already left and hasn't said anything bad about the club, Ivan, the CEO, etc, even though he had ammunition to use if he wanted to during the teams run of losses.

"Which one-time Panthers powerbroker has fallen out with a number of key figures at the club? There’s a chance it could turn ugly."
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/07/masked-panther-cleary-a-crowd-favourite/

Crashtest

Juniors
The Masked Panther also alluding to Maloney still going overseas:

A spanner has been thrown in the works when it comes to the future of James Maloney, who may now be facing a diet of croissants instead of warm beer. Maloney is all but certain to leave Penrith at the end of the season after two stand-out years, and has always wanted to finish his career overseas. While Leeds in the UK are the favourites to snare his signature, France-based club Catalan Dragons have now confirmed their interest in the Origin winner,

Did anyone else read the comment below in this weeks Masked Panther article? He can only be referring to Gould as our one-time "powerbroker". But why does it need to get ugly, given Gould has already left and hasn't said anything bad about the club, Ivan, the CEO, etc, even though he had ammunition to use if he wanted to during the teams run of losses.

"Which one-time Panthers powerbroker has fallen out with a number of key figures at the club? There’s a chance it could turn ugly."
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/07/masked-panther-cleary-a-crowd-favourite/

From what I’ve been told the split started when the board became annoyed at performance of Hook.

It possibly escalated when Nathan Cleary was given a 5 year deal (that wasn’t Gould) and then fell apart when Ivan Cleary was approached.

So it’s possible that the current admin is feeding BS about the cap, but they do have something to back themselves up. And that’s the moving on of DWZ & Blake.

But now the admin are publicly rebuking the moves Gould made, its little wonder it could turn ugly.

Kilkenny

Coach
There shouldn’t be any need to air any dirty laundry. It is what it is.

In my opinion from the outside looking in the Chairman of the Board acted outside his area of responsibilities on a number of issues and rightly or wrongly he should not have done so.

It’s happened, need to move on hope it works out for the best long term.

BxTom

Bench
I don't believe Chammas. We were looking at Peachey 'at the right price'. Hardly sounds like we were a million over the cap.

BxTom

Bench
That was after we’d moved DWZ & whilst we were in the process of moving Blake. Plus we were over for next year, not this year.

DWZ and Blake were 600k each max. We are alleged to still be carrying some of their salary into next year. We re-sign Naden - minimum 100k. So where would we get the money for Peachey if we were over the cap by a million? Even if we were only paying 100k each towards DWZ and Blake, that is -1m (DWZ and Blake) + 100 k (Naden).; That leaves us still over by 100k without looking at Peachey. So if we were over by a million, I again ask where would the money come from?

I call it crap.

Crashtest

Juniors
It possibly escalated when Nathan Cleary was given a 5 year deal (that wasn’t Gould) and then fell apart when Ivan Cleary was approached.

I didn't know that it was the Board and not Gould that gave Nathan the 5 year deal. Given the players that Gould gave long deals to, you think that would of been the easy one to agree to.

I didn't know that it was the Board and not Gould that gave Nathan the 5 year deal. Given the players that Gould gave long deals to, you think that would of been the easy one to agree to.

That’s what I’ve been told. Remember our chairman is close to the Cleary’s. They also gave Ivan a 5 year deal.

DWZ and Blake were 600k each max. We are alleged to still be carrying some of their salary into next year. We re-sign Naden - minimum 100k. So where would we get the money for Peachey if we were over the cap by a million? Even if we were only paying 100k each towards DWZ and Blake, that is -1m (DWZ and Blake) + 100 k (Naden).; That leaves us still over by 100k without looking at Peachey. So if we were over by a million, I again ask where would the money come from?

I call it crap.

Well the CEO has said there were salary cap pressures, we moved two highly paid players, the chairman says no more long term deals. Something is going on.

Maybe it’s not $1m, but there’s a decent chance we’re over by a fair chunk.

rhino2009

Juniors
The Masked Panther also alluding to Maloney still going overseas:

A spanner has been thrown in the works when it comes to the future of James Maloney, who may now be facing a diet of croissants instead of warm beer. Maloney is all but certain to leave Penrith at the end of the season after two stand-out years, and has always wanted to finish his career overseas. While Leeds in the UK are the favourites to snare his signature, France-based club Catalan Dragons have now confirmed their interest in the Origin winner,
Any truth in the rumours that James Mahoney will sign for Leeds Rhinos for 2020 and later years and not Catalan Dragons?

rhino2009

Juniors
Any truth in the rumours that James Mahoney will sign for Leeds Rhinos for 2020 and future years and not Catalan Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.