What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port Panther

Juniors
Jack has signed with the Bulldogs for 2 yrs . What happened to the coach dont poach edict ? Burton probably will follow as we are still a soft touch for all rival clubs .Bulldogs bred not bought down the drain as well . Oh well cya Jack keep rolling those dice.........snake eyes again .

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I would like to see how Robinson goes at a club that isn't as resourceful as the Roosters are. Nor have a roster that is stacked with talent.

Not as much as that club would like it.

He’d turn the Tigers or Bulldogs around in one season. As long as he had the support of their board.

noforwardpass

Juniors
Daily Telegraph reporting the Panthers are happy to contribute part of his salary in his first season at the Dogs in order to alleviate salary cap pressure.

Delboy

First Grade

He’d turn the Tigers or Bulldogs around in one season. As long as he had the support of their board.
You do realise that he wouldn’t be taking Uncle Nick and his mates with him, That seems to be missed by a lot of people when talking up his success.

WestyLife

First Grade
Jack has signed with the Bulldogs for 2 yrs . What happened to the coach dont poach edict ? Burton probably will follow as we are still a soft touch for all rival clubs .Bulldogs bred not bought down the drain as well . Oh well cya Jack keep rolling those dice.........snake eyes again .

They probably told Barrett that Hetherington was fair game. He always seemed a step off the starting 17.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are overlooking one important point being the Tigers and Bulldogs have to comply with a salary cap.

You do realise that he wouldn’t be taking Uncle Nick and his mates with him, That seems to be missed by a lot of people when talking up his success.

As I’ve said previously, I love putting shit on the Roosters for rorting the cap, buying premierships, stealing Jnrs etc etc etc.

The reality is, that’s all just fan banter, there actually isn’t anything back any of that up. Players play for a bit less to play there. They actually produce decent Jnrs and they are the best managed club in the Comp.

Will this stop me putting shit on them? No absolutely not, but if challenged, none of the banter can actually be substantiated.

murraymob

Coach
It was reported early on in the year thAt hethrington was on 400k .So it would not be all that much we are fronting for 1 year

Panther Pete

Juniors
As I’ve said previously, I love putting shit on the Roosters for rorting the cap, buying premierships, stealing Jnrs etc etc etc.

The reality is, that’s all just fan banter, there actually isn’t anything back any of that up. Players play for a bit less to play there. They actually produce decent Jnrs and they are the best managed club in the Comp.

Will this stop me putting shit on them? No absolutely not, but if challenged, none of the banter can actually be substantiated.
Just because you don’t know about something happening doesn’t make it a reality it doesn’t happen.

Thought we’d learned our lesson with Blake/RCG et al with regards to playing someone to play elsewhere. It’s my biggest gripe with the system.

if you want to take an opportunity to play elsewhere, no worries but be stuffed if we’re paying for you to leave and play elsewhere. I’m sure he isn’t taking unders to go and play at the dogs after the decent year he had so why the f*ck should we pick up any part of the bill!!

It’s not a Reynolds/Mbye that are chewing out so much cap space you HAVE to make a scarifice. Just shows how bad RL people are still at managing caps.

when I sell the app I’m building to Microsoft or Google in the next 18-24 months for stupid money, Mr O’Neill is getting a phone call. My promise to you all is we’ll never lose a player we don’t want to lose but that will come with a caveat that we will never be paying for some toss pot that doesn’t want to be here to play against us!!

rant over...maybe I’m just over aroused and taking this worse than I normally would because it’s QUALIFIER WEEK!!!! get in pennies, we’re going to absolutely hammer the bunnies. Penrith 13+. Marto to take care of Su’A and Yeo/Fish to take care of Cook, Reynolds/Walker to go missing. Luai to show again why he needs to be locked up long term on Sat night.

over and out as I face day number 19 in a row of rain in Norfolk, bugger...

Smug Panther

First Grade
A reserve grader here and also a liability. He wasn't needed or wanted.

Thought we’d learned our lesson with Blake/RCG et al with regards to playing someone to play elsewhere. It’s my biggest gripe with the system.

if you want to take an opportunity to play elsewhere, no worries but be stuffed if we’re paying for you to leave and play elsewhere. I’m sure he isn’t taking unders to go and play at the dogs after the decent year he had so why the f*ck should we pick up any part of the bill!!

It’s not a Reynolds/Mbye that are chewing out so much cap space you HAVE to make a scarifice. Just shows how bad RL people are still at managing caps.

when I sell the app I’m building to Microsoft or Google in the next 18-24 months for stupid money, Mr O’Neill is getting a phone call. My promise to you all is we’ll never lose a player we don’t want to lose but that will come with a caveat that we will never be paying for some toss pot that doesn’t want to be here to play against us!!

rant over...maybe I’m just over aroused and taking this worse than I normally would because it’s QUALIFIER WEEK!!!! get in pennies, we’re going to absolutely hammer the bunnies. Penrith 13+. Marto to take care of Su’A and Yeo/Fish to take care of Cook, Reynolds/Walker to go missing. Luai to show again why he needs to be locked up long term on Sat night.

over and out as I face day number 19 in a row of rain in Norfolk, bugger...

The lesson is mostly not signing guys to silly contracts in the first place. This is more about us freeing up cap space than it is about the player, if it helps us re-sign Burton or Crichton then it’s worth it. Especially as it’s only one year.

mxlegend99

Referee

I dont think he would. He would improve them a bit. But he wouldnt have them nearly as successful as the Roosters.

2013 he wins the competition on the back of adding Michael Jennings, SBW and James Maloney to an already strong roster. Rep back, half and second rower.

2018 and 2019 he wins back to back comps. On the back of adding the best fullback and halfback in the game to his roster.

He's a good coach. But no other team can make that roster magic happen. He barely avoided a spoon in 2016 on the back of his roster being weakened and merely standard strength. He's a good coach with a great roster and resources. Possibly second only to Craig Bellamy. But I couldn't see him looking like a super coach at an average club. Probably be about the same as Bennett at Knights. Could try to work some short term magic but it would have long term ramifications at an average club.

I think at our club he would have us as premiership contenders each year though. With our production line of talent he would get results.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just because you don’t know about something happening doesn’t make it a reality it doesn’t happen.

oh, so you know that actually happening.

I’m sorry, I don’t buy into conspiracy theories, until I’m shown that it is happening, I think it’s far more likely that the Roosters are operating like all the other clubs. They just do it better.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I dont think he would. He would improve them a bit. But he wouldnt have them nearly as successful as the Roosters.

2013 he wins the competition on the back of adding Michael Jennings, SBW and James Maloney to an already strong roster. Rep back, half and second rower.

2018 and 2019 he wins back to back comps. On the back of adding the best fullback and halfback in the game to his roster.

He's a good coach. But no other team can make that roster magic happen. He barely avoided a spoon in 2016 on the back of his roster being weakened and merely standard strength. He's a good coach with a great roster and resources. Possibly second only to Craig Bellamy. But I couldn't see him looking like a super coach at an average club. Probably be about the same as Bennett at Knights. Could try to work some short term magic but it would have long term ramifications at an average club.

I think at our club he would have us as premiership contenders each year though. With our production line of talent he would get results.

At least 50% of NRL coaching is Roster management, this includes coaching staff.

You’re correct, he does this very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.