What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Katoni Staggs might be on the move... wasn't he originally from Sydney? Could lure him to play in the centres pushing T May onto the wing which imo is his best position running the ball back. That's if Tito goes which he will. We'd have the money sitting there for Staggs.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Katoni Staggs might be on the move... wasn't he originally from Sydney? Could lure him to play in the centres pushing T May onto the wing which imo is his best position running the ball back. That's if Tito goes which he will. We'd have the money sitting there for Staggs.
We aren't ever going to be in the market for this level of outside back if things are going to plan.

Last edited:
Yeah I know but one can dream..
You do realise that out of all registered 3rd party arrangements the Broncos have more than 50% of them.
Certain players are draw cards and it doesn't matter where they play but some will take the 100k less knowing full well a 3rd party in Brisbane will pick up the difference.
I have an extreme dislike for the Broncos because 35 years of monopolising the Brisbane market has led to them wanting more and more, examples like,

Wanting more Friday night games for more revenue,
Vehemently opposing any other Brisbane club in the NRL (they don't like the Dolphins),
They are a public company, not community based which only believes in profits over performance.

Hence it is relatively easy for them to attract and keep the better players, and they quickly fall out of love with ex players.

Staggs will get more than his fair share in Brisbane, he's just off contract, but that lets the media speculation run wild.

You do realise that out of all registered 3rd party arrangements the Broncos have more than 50% of them.
Certain players are draw cards and it doesn't matter where they play but some will take the 100k less knowing full well a 3rd party in Brisbane will pick up the difference.
I have an extreme dislike for the Broncos because 35 years of monopolising the Brisbane market has led to them wanting more and more, examples like,

Wanting more Friday night games for more revenue,
Vehemently opposing any other Brisbane club in the NRL (they don't like the Dolphins),
They are a public company, not community based which only believes in profits over performance.

Hence it is relatively easy for them to attract and keep the better players, and they quickly fall out of love with ex players.

Staggs will get more than his fair share in Brisbane, he's just off contract, but that lets the media speculation run wild.
Also, News Corp., is a majority shareholder.
No to Staggs, let some other club handle his baggage.

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
If Turuva is going, I am really hoping the Panther's are taking a good look at DAVID ARMSTRONG up here at the Newcastle Knights. Going extremely well at the moment, and is way too good for NSW Cup. Almost got a First grade jersey to start the year and I would have him starting before our old mate Jenkins any day. Get to it Panthers. This young guy is going to be real good.

MugaB

Coach
Ffs another market marque to pine over, I thought Brisbane was "HIS HOUSE!!" seriously until we have stopped making finals, I doubt we are buying expensive 1st graders off the market... this is the whole Lomax and Schuster thing all over again, get it thru to your head, we don't need overpriced centres, we actually don't need any overpriced anyones, we are lucky enough to keep our squad together, mostly anyways

Last edited:

MrBlack

Juniors
Ffs another market marque to pine over, I thought Brisbane was "HIS HOUSE!!" seriously until we have stopped making finals, I doubt we are buying expensive 1st graders off the market... this is the whole Lomax and Schuster thing all over again, get it thru to you head, we don't need overpriced centres, we actually don't need any overpriced anyones, we are lucky enough to keep our squad together, mostly anyways

The biggest marque signing we can hope for between now and the start of next year will be a Taruva resigning.

snickers007

Juniors
Staggs plays a bit too soft for my liking, and tries to force things which clearly aren't going to happen.
I don't like toe suckers either.

Girds89

Bench
Wow didnt see that one coming.

Whilst it is disappointing. The club always puts the welfare of our players first. Its been shown time and time again. Just earlier this year with hosking didnt hold him back from better opportunities.

Cant go crazy with his coin. But i feel like an established forward will be needed.

A few of the props in cup need to step up now