What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
There just isn’t a strong reason for Nate to leave. He’s the main guy. He stays here and he will be the greatest Panthers ever and very likely in the top 3 halves of all time along with a bag of trophies, records, jerseys and medals. Only thing would be to challenge himself but the constant forced renewal of our side will hopefully keep him engaged.

I recall when Nathan got his debut that Ivan said something along the lines of he wouldn’t have given Nathan his debut that early if he was coach because he was afraid of being accused of bias. By the time he came back to the club Nathan had established himself as a premier half so no such issues.

Maybe the plan is for Jeff to have a chance to establish himself a little more before coming back; the Cleary’s feel like a tight family and I can’t imagine being the younger brother and not wanting to try to replicate some of the experiences Nathan and Ivan have had in terms of winning premierships together. If it is a ‘rental’ the Warriors are a great place for it; outside the glare of Sydney and with Webster.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I’m curious if Panthers are going to receive something back from Warriors at this stage? Surely it can’t all be one way street - they pride themselves in having an entire nation to develop their playing stocks from yet here we are.

I’m sure the powers to be at Panthers know what they’re doing but seems like it’s all losses and no gains through all grades at the moment. They came out hard when Katoa was poached, then Puru and now Jett Cleary. It would be good to understand their strategy moving forward.
Keegan Russel Smith. SOS etc . Why can't clubs who develop talent receive some compensation. The NRL committe have knocked it on the head previously. Self interested clubs like the Roosters dont want to pay and we spend $4 million or more EVERY year on our juniors, What an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Girds89

Bench
Do you and @Hooked think he is a reasonable chance to be 6 next year?

I think the club clearly like cole..my issue with cole is he can barely stay on the park..hes injured all the time. And he doesmt really have much of a kicking game.

I think him, schnieder, laurie and tremt should all be only a level playing field to start next year.

Give them all a crack in the trials and in the preseason.

Best man gets first crack.

Goonji

Juniors
Keegan Russel Smith. SOS etc . Why can't clubs who develop talent receive some compensation. The NRL committe have knocked it on the head previously. Self interested clubs like the Roosters dont want to pay and we spend $4 million or more EVERY year on our juniors, What an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. A club like the Roosters should have to pay a club like the Panthers $250k when they steal a player like Spencer.

Hooked

Juniors
Do you and @Hooked think he is a reasonable chance to be 6 next year?

He would be a smokey
I think he is only a Trial and Train contract for this year. I would give him a contract from what I have seen. Looks better each game he plays.
Very good short passing game close to the the line. Tough and crafty.

I agree with @Girds89 on Cole.
Cole seems to be the one groomed but repeated injuries are a concern.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
Anyone know if we still have a retention committee at the club and who is on it We seem to be getting bent over by our former coaches .i am sure there are some young warrior forwards that could be targeted

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Anyone know if we still have a retention committee at the club and who is on it We seem to be getting bent over by our former coaches .i am sure there are some young warrior forwards that could be targeted
"Bent over"
Who have we lost that we wanted to keep? We lowballed Api and Critter. Barely fought to keep Luai or Kikau.
The only real loss we have had where we offered fair money was probably Katoa and he left to get a shot at grade

Hooked

Juniors

Yes. Brandy said they will meet this week.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This is how I feel too. I am sure if it wasn't for The Dogs, we could have kept a couple here.

Imagine being a club with an incredibly large junior base but having no clue how to harness it. Looking at Tigers, Dogs and to a lesser extent Warriors. Absolutely bonkers.

Hooked

Juniors
I thought Bula was the FB future for the Tigers?
Edit. Just read the story they view him as a centre.

Latest posts