What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
I hope we dont go for a player swap. Stefano isnt worth the money he wants. Dont see how we get any player who isn’t overpaid on potential though.

Fish really seems like a bargain looking around at what other elite (or potentially elite) front rowers want.

IF He wants to play finals he has to take slight unders. I doubt he gets more than $700k at a good club

WestyLife

First Grade
As I said. I am happy to get a backrower and move Sorro or Martin but we need a quality forward in the prime for the next 2-3 years to not go backwards.

Alamoti, McLean x 2. Hell even Cole centre and Taylan on the wing would do a job.

That allows us to put the $350k he was offered with the $700-$800k fish was on to get that forward.

It's $1.3m apparently.

Iamback

Coach
And who is that?

I think they keep it. Wait and see if Stefano's clause is actived and go after him.

Promoting Casey McLean gets done for half of the money Turuva was after.

Even without going after him that leaves plenty should someone elsewhere want out. Warriors sat on the AFB money and it nabbed them Fish

Iamback

Coach
It's $1.3m apparently.

People have the Fish deal wrong. It started at $950k and decreased over the deal. Either way it is a minimum of $1m to spend

Take the $150k for a minimal internal recruit to cover Turuva and that is more than enough for a quality forward.... it is just waiting for that player

mxlegend99

Referee
Not too fussed about losing Turuva. But we wont manage to secure a big name / experienced front rower and next year we will have a lot of guys early on in first grade development.

This year is a farewell for atleast 3 guys now. So i hope that is a huge motivator for 4 in a row.

Not too fussed about losing Turuva. But we wont manage to secure a big name / experienced front rower and next year we will have a lot of guys early on in first grade development.

This year is a farewell for atleast 3 guys now. So i hope that is a huge motivator for 4 in a row.
I think this makes Panthers more dangerous and more likely to win another premiership! Only injuries and themselves can realistically stop it.

Also that’s an entire squad now left since end of 2020 -
Panthers Lost Players

Stephen Crichton
Charlie Staines
Matt Burton
Sunia Turuva
Brent Naden
Jerome Luai
Jack Cogger

Spencer Leniu
Api Korisau
James Fisher-Harris
Viliame Kikau
Kurt Capewell
J’maine Hopgood

Sean O’Sullivan
Jaeman Salmon
Zac Hosking
Paul Momirovski

Depth Roster Played between 20-24:
Tyrone May
Josh Mansour
Billy Burns
Thomas Jenkins
Eddie Blacker
Robert Jennings
Kurt Falls
Jack Hetherington
Chris Smith

Signed short term:
James Tamou
Zane Tetevano
Tevita Pengai Jr

Panthers Juniors From SG/JF/NSW Cup:
Isaiya Katoa
Mason Teague
Hohepa Puru
Niwhai Puru

Possibly leaving end of 24:
Luke Garner?

ALX25

Bench
Well I can't say I love Taylan as a bloke but he's clearly bloody talented and, Kenny aside, locks up a formidable starting side for the next 3 odd years. Surely curtains for Tito and makes for an interesting year for Alamoti. I wonder if we get Jesse onto that wing next year, Casey into Tago's centre role the year after (Tago to edge) and then a guy like Sielaff-Burns slots in for May.

Is Sielaff-Burns out injured long term? Sorry if already discussed.