What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Do the same job.

Why not release Iongi and Jesse McLean and keep Turuva.

We have a couple of other fullbacks coming thru in reserve .

You have said yourself Casey McLean is a couple of years off NRL. I’m not sure that is true but we have either failed to retain or allowed to leave another fine locally produced NRL quality player for a lousy $50-$100k a season.

If we move May back to the wing next season he is going to be earning $500k which seems odd given so many here promote this notion you can’t overpay for wingers.

Jack Cole is yet to truly provide a convincing argument in NSW Cup he is NRL quality either as a centre or a five eight. Trent Toelau is arguably been playing better and he is just train and trial deal.

I think it is a shame, I really do, to have not retained Turuva For a lousy $150k over three seasons.

Disagree. The club may feel if signed Turuva they'd lose the Mclean brothers who they potentially rate higher. Or that Alamoti is a better talent.
425k for Turuva is a good deal but it also shows what other clubs think of him and his ceiling. Stronger clubs like the Eels and Roosters need wingers. I'm sure they would of matched 425k if they felt he was worth that. Perhaps they see him as a 350k winger like Penrith did.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also successful clubs set a price. If they buckle then every time another player is looking at extending the manager will know they can milk another 50k.
The fact he didn't go for huge money and went to a poor side says many other NRL clubs didn't think he was worth that amount.

WestyLife

First Grade
Also successful clubs set a price. If they buckle then every time another player is looking at extending the manager will know they can milk another 50k.
The fact he didn't go for huge money and went to a poor side says many other NRL clubs didn't think he was worth that amount.

Apparently dragons offered more so it seems likely Api being family had some sway

Blade23

Juniors

The only ones that got more were Edwards and Martin.

Turuva has informed the club of his intention to join the Tigers next year. We are now in the 10-day cooling off period. I don't see us coming back with a late offer.

Fangs

Coach
The only ones that got more were Edwards and Martin.

Turuva has informed the club of his intention to join the Tigers next year. We are now in the 10-day cooling off period. I don't see us coming back with a late offer.

Anything further on Fish? Or do we pretty much have the story already?

$1.3 million available is the figure being suggested now Turuva is gone.

Fangs

Coach
Nothing new on Fish.

Less than $1.3. A few upgrades and promotions will swallow a bit of it up.
Still a significant amount left to get a top forward and maybe an upgrade elsewhere.

Sounds good.

Are they that keen on moving guys like Martin into the middle to find a backrower? David Fifita could do both jobs.

But my guess would be Stefano.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
We replaced the best hooker in the game with a plodder (who has a ton of ticker) and came out alright. Turuva is a good player but he's just a winger.
Some of the emotional shit over the last days over him and Nathan's little brother leaving is unbelievable
Yes I was one, I have calm down now. I realised that having so much now to spend on the cap will allow the club to evolve and have some hungry new debuts and players who haven't had Success in the team to push. Be interesting who we sign as a prop.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We replaced the best hooker in the game with a plodder (who has a ton of ticker) and came out alright. Turuva is a good player but he's just a winger.
Some of the emotional shit over the last days over him and Nathan's little brother leaving is unbelievable

Yeah agree

Look as a tigers fan im happy about getting Turuva however for the panthers Id expect his leaving to have about as big an impact as Paul Momirovski leaving had

betcats

Referee
That says they have no idea what's going to happen 😂

Well given the time frame of Fish leave there not really any good options to plan for right, unless we are planning for 2026. For next year the best that might be available(Stefano, Fifita) I would rate as slightly dubious chances at best given the contract clauses involved. Best we can do for now is look at what we have at the club for next year and try to get them ready and wait and see what shakes out later in the season. Love Fish and love that the club treated him with respect but the reality is its left us with not a lot we can do for now to replace him for next year.

WestyLife

First Grade
Well given the time frame of Fish leave there not really any good options to plan for right, unless we are planning for 2026. For next year the best that might be available(Stefano, Fifita) I would rate as slightly dubious chances at best given the contract clauses involved. Best we can do for now is look at what we have at the club for next year and try to get them ready and wait and see what shakes out later in the season. Love Fish and love that the club treated him with respect but the reality is its left us with not a lot we can do for now to replace him for next year.

Yeah it sounds like 2026 is when a lot of contracts are ending.