What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Interesting that this is playing out in the media. Hopefully it was good journalistic work and not his manager leaking it straight up. Unless that was our move........
Yeah I don't like it, it stinks and it's just going to cause drama, yes he has some dumb contract exemption that let's him go to market come round 10 BS triggering, but its like the whole jack wighton thing with souths, taking the one good player from a struggling team (struggling to land in the player market that is) we are already hated enough as it is, which is fair enough coz we are winning, but do we want to start winning by buying premierships

Iamback

Coach
Y

Yes that’s my concern we are being used as a bumper for a bigger contract more likely at the roosters

That is fine. As long as we don't get into a bidding war over him.

The leaked story tells player Managers that we are open for business

Original Name

Juniors
What's everyone's opinion on Garner, should he be re-signed?
I think he adds value not so expensive and versatile. Good bench player or after Sorenson retires can take his spot.
He deserves the rest of the season to push his case with his rib cartilage injury he played through last year.
So he's good?
He's got very good at short range passing through his deception and footy IQ. Something unique and different to most play makers out there. Maybe one of those guys people will say plays a bit like Cliff Lyons style wise. He's very slow for a young half though. Will have to be smart with how he defends and once his speed drops off defence will be a problem. He's got a bit of deceptive strength but he isn't a powerhouse. He'd maybe one of the bottom 5 slowest halves in the comp but pace isn't be all and end all.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Garner is solid, keep him for the right price.

This year I’d like to see him keep starting for a bit, the last two weeks some nice hole running of Luai, if they can get that combo going it would be nice come the business end of the year

WestyLife

First Grade
He deserves the rest of the season to push his case with his rib cartilage injury he played through last year.

He's got very good at short range passing through his deception and footy IQ. Something unique and different to most play makers out there. Maybe one of those guys people will say plays a bit like Cliff Lyons style wise. He's very slow for a young half though. Will have to be smart with how he defends and once his speed drops off defence will be a problem. He's got a bit of deceptive strength but he isn't a powerhouse. He'd maybe one of the bottom 5 slowest halves in the comp but pace isn't be all and end all.

The part about speed sounds worrying but like you said not end of the world.

This Fifita thing has some shades of Thurston in 2013. Almost signed for Panthers if I recall. Hopefully it plays out better than that did.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
If any supporter says no to getting probably the best backrower in the game they've got rocks in their mellons. Not very often a game changer/ origin starting backrower becomes available.

Give me 2 players that'll be available for 2025 that are better? I'll wait.

Last edited: