What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

mxlegend99

Referee
The Roosters dont look like a team on the slide to me. They look like a top 4 team this year.
Losing a few guys for next year though. They cant sustain success without signing big names.

take out Manu, Keary, JWH, Suaalii and thats a third of their starting side.

Not sure Crichton or Tupou will be there next year either. Obviously Roosters will buy the biggest and best names off contract to replace them though.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
The Roosters dont look like a team on the slide to me. They look like a top 4 team this year.

Really? They are playing OK, but if we are talking next year they are in need of a complete re-build. On top of being ass for the last 4 years or so..

Manu - Gone
JWH - Gone
Suaálii - Gone
Keary - Gone
Tupou - Off Contract
Crichton - Off Contract
Teddy - A handful of years left only
Walker - Likely move to QLD off contact end of next year

If i am Fifita, i am going nowhere near this team knowing the above if he wants to win a premiership.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Losing a few guys for next year though. They cant sustain success without signing big names.

Not sure Crichton or Tupou will be there next year either. Obviously Roosters will buy the biggest and best names off contract to replace them though.

Herald says they are about to open contract negotiations to retain Angus.
They have the rugby winger coming.
They always seem to pull a few big signings when they need them.

Sime_11

Juniors
Fifita helps us to be a stronger team - but its not the end of the world if we dont get him.

its just nice to throw a hat in the ring again for a marquee player and we are being taken as a serious destination.

most clubs cannot compete with the Roosters for lifestyle - at the end of the day, players are paid to compete and win footy games. there will be someone else available if we dont get Fifita.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Herald says they are about to open contract negotiations to retain Angus.
They have the rugby winger coming.
They always seem to pull a few big signings when they need them.

I would say this was leaked to not spook him with news they are offering his position to someone else..

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't get the hype they receive. Don't get me wrong, they aren't Parra or the Dragons, I'd rate them around the same as us 2016-2018. Good enough to play finals and give anyone a scare on the right day, but not really a premiership chance. Different style to what we were then obviously, but about the same on the ladder.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don't get the hype they receive. Don't get me wrong, they aren't Parra or the Dragons, I'd rate them around the same as us 2016-2018. Good enough to play finals and give anyone a scare on the right day, but not really a premiership chance. Different style to what we were then obviously, but about the same on the ladder.

Tedesco would have to go back to his best form and do it consistently for the rest of the year. I don't see him carrying a team like turbo could at his peak.

MugaB

Coach
Did the same to nsw. Kills me media won't call it out and everyone around him gets the blame.
It's fine by me, let Edwards rack up premiership rings instead, state of origin don't give them out, and no one cares really who wins come seasons end, it more about the premiership club winner, than just state bragging rights, until next year qld!!! (Shakes fist)

age.s

First Grade
I'm not saying they're going to win the comp, but they look more dangerous than they did last year. Pack, spine, backs all playing well, albeit with some flaws. Playing with confidence and can run up points when teams let them. Their losses have been to us, Melbourne, Manly and the Dogs, a game they played with 12 and nearly stole.

Just countering the idea that they're on the way down. I can understand the sentiment as they've limped into the finals the past few years but they're a tougher proposition this year for mine.

I'd have them in my top 4 ahead of the Dolphins and Manly.

age.s

First Grade

"Fringe first grader off contract so now have cap space for elite superstar" has been the standard Roosters meme for forever. They've now got genuine cap space to play with. They'll find a big name or two, I'd put plenty on it.

murraymob

Coach
If he doesn't take up his option by Thursday kick off he's a free agent.

They need a 6, 7 two centres at the bare minimum.
I think he has to take up the option to leave if he does nothing he is then locked into the last 2 years .So by Thursday we will know he is leaving just not where he is going

WestyLife

First Grade
I think he has to take up the option to leave if he does nothing he is then locked into the last 2 years .So by Thursday we will know he is leaving just not where he is going

No if he doesn't take it up he's a free agent at least that's how it's been explained in the media. You're right though we'll know then if he's leaving.