What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Personally, I just hope the Fifita situation doesn’t drag on one way or the other.

We‘ve endured a lot of pain with our high profile ‘outgoings’ will they stay or won’t they. It is painful to go through, particularly when the majority have taken the money and left.

I really don’t want this situation to drag on only to discover he goes to the Roosters. Stay at the Titans fine, go the the Dragons or any other club I’m good with that, but I don’t want to endure a situation where we are supposedly in the box seat only to see him sign with the Roosters.

If we sign him great, he is a huge acquisition albeit I have some reservations, but I just don’t want the Roosters to sign him period.
Screenshot_20240508_203253_Samsung Internet.jpg

Your mob is in the box seat. Anything can happen with negotiations though. Holbrook is our ace up our sleeve.

We want to keep Gussy.
I think if we did land Fifi. Gussy wouldn't come to Penrith. Gussy was a private school rugby boy, who lives in the inner city. I don't see him looking outside that bubble. NRL related at least. Plenty of crap has been speculated over him, but a lot of is is misinformation. I think he stays with us.
Appreciate the insight, even if it’s not exactly what some of our fans want to hear 👍

Abacus

Juniors
David Fifita has T-minus 8 hours and 48 minutes to comply with our standing orders.
I like that it's gone quiet the last 24-48 hours. This has been the club's MO the past few years - shut up and get the job done. Fingers crossed 🤞

age.s

First Grade
I think it can't be announced till tomorrow right? He's not a free agent until he refuses to take up his additional two years at Gold Coast.

Might be mistaken obv.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I am concerned we will miss out on getting him because the other interested team is the Roosters. Can anyone name a player they have wanted but missed out on signing?

Abacus

Juniors
I think it can't be announced till tomorrow right? He's not a free agent until he refuses to take up his additional two years at Gold Coast.

Might be mistaken obv.
My understanding was that while the deadline was start of Rd 10, he could tell them anytime before that...sound like the Titans have now been advised.

Latest posts