What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Copperhead

Juniors
I gave up hope as soon as it was reported the Roosters were interested. My first thought about him coming was that we'd finally have that Kikau replacement. But the second, third and fourth thoughts were all about what a lazy pr... he is, and how out of place he'd be with everyone else we have. Maybe even a negative influence on young players coming through. So, in the end, probably for the best.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I'd take Koloamatungi off the Rabbits if they were to let him go. With Wayne going there I doubt he let's anyone of value go and they'll all turn up for old man Wayne.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
It really doesn't look good with all the outgoing and then losing out on a big name. What the f**k is going on at the club? It's very strange.
I guess we're just in that really tough spot of topping up players yearly to keep them happy. We did just top up Edwards Tago May and Mitch Kenney. As much as Mitch has improved I hope he isn't on overly much coin. Best thing about Mitch is his heart and defense but lacks any spark with the ball.

age.s

First Grade
Disappointed, but at the end of the day I think he would have been a much better signing for us than he will be for the Roosters. He would have been icing for us, but the Roosters 2025 squad looks half baked with that much investment in the forwards. Watching them deal with an unbalanced squad will be fun, as will the "gone to get a premiership" memes when they get knocked out of yet another finals series.

Don't buy the whole "it makes us look bad" angle either. We lost out by the skin of our teeth to the league's glamour club renowned for securing elite signings by sweetening deals with their corporate connections. As if that wasn't enough, they also happen to have a setup riddled with personal connections to the guy. Even with that much of the deck stacked against us we were well in the running and genuinely appeared an appealing prospect to one of the games elite players. The clubs who took a rep hit here are the Dragons and the Titans, who were barely afterthoughts in the process.

And if anyone disagrees, feel free to invite them for a viewing of one of the previous 3 grand finals. I'm a 2023 guy myself, but any one will do really.

I assume he has signed somewhere bad just going through the 10 day cooling of period. No way he walks away from a $2m dollar contract without the security of something else signed.

There is no 10 day cooling off period anymore.

Clubs have a "last offer" chance to get any player off contract to stay, but the player can still turn them down, or the club might just let them walk. In this case with Fifita, since it was an exit clause in his current contract, I'd doubt the Titans would get the benefit of that.

Black Diamond

Juniors
The only good thing will be Gordon Tallis will be salty.
Watching Fox pre game show and yeah Gordie is butt hurt. Brandy on panel too and rightly so also disappointed. Gordie making statements that if Fifita had to go, he chose wrong team, pointing out that if he wants a premiership he should be running off Nath and should have chosen the black jumper. He also acknowledged the holes Roosters will have in their backline in 2025.

martielang

Bench
Yeh I’m disappointed but gees some of you are more over dramatic than my mrs.

Roosters have that many decent back rowers somethings got to give though. Maybe the Titans are getting someone in return next year. I rate Egan Butcher highly and Crichton would be a no brainer with the lines he runs.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Watching Fox pre game show and yeah Gordie is butt hurt. Brandy on panel too and rightly so also disappointed. Gordie making statements that if Fifita had to go, he chose wrong team, pointing out that if he wants a premiership he should be running off Nath and should have chosen the black jumper. He also acknowledged the holes Roosters will have in their backline in 2025.
Roosters spine is a bigger worry than the backs imo. Walker has potential but the rest are shot

Disappointed, but at the end of the day I think he would have been a much better signing for us than he will be for the Roosters. He would have been icing for us, but the Roosters 2025 squad looks half baked with that much investment in the forwards. Watching them deal with an unbalanced squad will be fun, as will the "gone to get a premiership" memes when they get knocked out of yet another finals series.

Don't buy the whole "it makes us look bad" angle either. We lost out by the skin of our teeth to the league's glamour club renowned for securing elite signings by sweetening deals with their corporate connections. As if that wasn't enough, they also happen to have a setup riddled with personal connections to the guy. Even with that much of the deck stacked against us we were well in the running and genuinely appeared an appealing prospect to one of the games elite players. The clubs who took a rep hit here are the Dragons and the Titans, who were barely afterthoughts in the process.

And if anyone disagrees, feel free to invite them for a viewing of one of the previous 3 grand finals. I'm a 2023 guy myself, but any one will do really.
I still get the shakes watching 2023; I like the emotional calm of 2022.

We have just been reminded of power politics, Roosters style. They might not have the cattle on the field and in the coaches box at present, but they have great operators off the field and generally find an angle to get what they are after.

I said a few pages back I was worried about the war chest the Roosters were amassing. This could be just the tip of the iceberg. I appreciate this is alarmist but I worry about them trying to make a play for Nathan and the way to do that is to target Ivan.

What Uncle Nick wants, Uncle Nick Getz…

Iamback

Coach
We have just been reminded of power politics, Roosters style. They might not have the cattle on the field and in the coaches box at present, but they have great operators off the field and generally find an angle to get what they are after.

I said a few pages back I was worried about the war chest the Roosters were amassing. This could be just the tip of the iceberg. I appreciate this is alarmist but I worry about them trying to make a play for Nathan and the way to do that is to target Ivan.

What Uncle Nick wants, Uncle Nick Getz…

His GF will sign with their NRLW team too, zero we can do combat such things