What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Uncle Nick doesn't need paper bags since he is one of the most connected blokes in Australia.

He can get his players in on initial capital raisings for high return unlisted investment vehicles none of us has ever heard of.

The best we can do is send a player to Jim's Financial Planning in a converted fibro house on Henry St. Putting excess cash in a Vanguard Fund can't compete.

Many years ago I saw this in reality. Sell before you hold the bag.

A 10x return just a month or so after listing.

View attachment 87763
I work in investments and I hear this a lot; Uncle Nick gets access to great investments. Really?

I appreciate it he is connected but if he got access to investments with guaranteed returns he wouldn’t be known as a car-salesman’s, but the Sage of Bondi.

And the stock shown above; look how thinly its traded when it is at its most volatile; very few people are realising any wealth at all from this stock.

If I came here to gloat I would have been on here yesterday afternoon trolling like that Tigers and ryhno idiot. I don't roll like that.
I have a foot in both clubs.

All my posts offer insights. You are free to listen to them, or disagree, or keep scrolling. .I am happy to converse with most. I don't really care what you think about my club. I listen to the people I trust and respect. You are not one of them.

I will do both us a favour and pop you on mute.
As far as I am concerned you are welcome here.

But I am neither Nurse Ratchet nor McMurphy in this little band, so I have no power here…

I've yet to see anything from Walker to suggest he can game manage during a grinding slogfest.

He's a highlight reel within the attacking twenty metre but doesn't have the patience to earn the territory.

His shoulders are made of glass as well.
I agree. This isn’t the 90s where a player like Alf can get by in the defensive line; he will be ruthlessly isolated and exploited over time. Maybe Chrichton can body guard him, but that means the rookie 5/8 on the other side is stsnding next to Fifita (who may be able to play that role also, but hasn’t historically).

Iamback

Coach
Keep circling back - what’s thoughts on Trey Mooney? Worth a look at? Or pass and go with what’s already in stock.

22 and only has 9 FG games.

I'd stick with what we have because he could be an ordinary trainer or something.

Needs to be over say 50-60 FG games for me to be interested.

We have a NSW Cup side smashing everyone with a pack of young guys. The pack today has 2 teenagers

Original Name

Juniors
Keep circling back - what’s thoughts on Trey Mooney? Worth a look at? Or pass and go with what’s already in stock.
I mean he's a legitimately good but a lot of those good Raiders kids coming through are at a similar age. Raiders are going pretty good with those kids in Cup they must be really tight for each and really play for each other I think they'll stick together mostly for a years at least. You can say we're the best any kid should come here if they're serious about their football and all that but none of Cleary, Luai, CHN, JFH, Leota, To'o, Edwards, etc left for the Storm or the Roosters before our team was the team it is now. Worth a look but I doubt anything would come out of it.

BxTom

Bench
I work in investments and I hear this a lot; Uncle Nick gets access to great investments. Really?

I appreciate it he is connected but if he got access to investments with guaranteed returns he wouldn’t be known as a car-salesman’s, but the Sage of Bondi.

And the stock shown above; look how thinly its traded when it is at its most volatile; very few people are realising any wealth at all from this stock.
If you think Nick is just a car salesman, you need to do more research.

Munky

Coach

The blokes involved in that made an absolute killing.

I saw plenty similar throughout my time before moving away from the same industry where I don't see crazy shit.

The investments aren't guaranteed but Uncle Nick can get them in the ground floor.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
No elite player will join us. $850k is a lot. But elite players will want more. Elite players dont sign for unders for clubs that aren’t Broncos or Roosters.

We got Maloney because of Sharks wanting Moylan and it basically being a straight swap. He was probably market value anyway.

We got Tamou by paying overs.

We got Merrin by paying overs.

We cant even keep all our own elite players for similar or equal money. Critter left for the same money we offered. Turuva left for just a bit more.

Only players we can sign are guys wanting an opportunity to better themselves.
Sounds like we are going back to the old days.

I think it was make or break with Fifita. We broke and looking at today's bench it is quite dyer

Girds89

Bench
Sua is avg at best. Honestly garner is better.

Ive watched all the dragons games this year and he gets dominated half the time.

For 300k yeah.. 600k please. Not a chance in hell.

As i said we should enquire about stefano. If he isnt an option bring in 2 or 3 gun rookies from elsewhere that play prop and second row. Preferably in the 17 to 19yo bracket.

Front load a few contracts and look to the following years for a big name signing.

Luron Patea will be closer to the top squad next year in terms of the 17..

Keep garner one more year. Still a strong squad..

1. Dyl
Tiny
Alamonti
Tago
Too
Laurie
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Soro
Martin
Yeo

Cole
Garner
Henry
Patea

Still a very good 17

Upset we didn't get fifita bit if we can get 2 or 3 gun rookies that are 1-2 years off nrl its still a smart play.

Blade23

Juniors
Sounds like we are going back to the old days.

I think it was make or break with Fifita. We broke and looking at today's bench it is quite dyer

Ye of little faith.

The club has a hit list of who they want. Fifita bolted to the top of it.
Just because we missed out on him doesn't mean we don't have other plans. Contracted players are on the list. Off contract players are on it.
Since it was announced Fish was leaving. The club has been contacted by numerous managers offering under-contract players. Terms are always the issue.

If we get who we want we will be fine. If not, there is plan to get through next year and strike 2026.

There are many ways this can play out.

Latest posts