What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Stronger words than you usually get from those kinds of interviews. He doesn't sound happy there and perhaps hasn't been for a while.
Yeah, that was my take on it. Sounds like he is pissed, in those situations players tend to be much more diplomatic. That sounds like a flat out "f**k you" at Robbo and the Roosters player retention team.

maple_69

Bench
Crichton might prefer to stay in the inner city but if he also wants a successful club then the options are limited to us and the Chooks. Can’t see space for him at the Sharks with the AFB addition. A drive against traffic out west might not be the end of the world.

WestyLife

First Grade
Love how everyone makes out a drive across town would be the death of a footballer. Just sign here and live in the fancy part of town and take your girls to the chic cafes like normal.

WestyLife

First Grade
That's signing away probably 10 hours minimum per week sitting in Sydney's awful traffic.

Serious answer that's a bit but what are his choices? He'll be more likely to stay at the Roosters than go to souths who will likely be spooners then Panthers with top 4 and nsw team mates. Surely he sees some upside here.

murraymob

Coach
Serious answer that's a bit but what are his choices? He'll be more likely to stay at the Roosters than go to souths who will likely be spooners then Panthers with top 4 and nsw team mates. Surely he sees some upside here.
He could always be trying to get a bit more coin an upgrade from the roosters .Smart play they have still over3.5 million left

Original Name

Juniors
Look I'm just saying no extra money on the cap but the club gets so much in poker machine money. If a company coincidently pops and builds a hipster cafe for him and his buddies it wouldn't be the worst use of money in the world. I'm sure some other Penrith players would regularly buy high priced lattes. It might not be super popular like in Bondi but there's probably a small niche for the kind of things he likes to an extent.

The club's so rich now those kind of things aren't that ridiculous with all that money if the club wanted it to happen.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
From what I’ve seen of the boys in their regular life they are constantly hanging out at cafes. They’re 20 something blokes who can’t be on the piss too much, they’re not gonna be too different from the Chooks or Bunnied squad. As someone who has lived their 20s in the inner city though, it’s an acquired taste that’s hard to replicate.

Having read the tell all interview he gave about his mental health challenges though (highly recommend) I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some different priorities going forward to what he’s maybe valued in the past.

BxTom

Bench
From what I’ve seen of the boys in their regular life they are constantly hanging out at cafes. They’re 20 something blokes who can’t be on the piss too much, they’re not gonna be too different from the Chooks or Bunnied squad. As someone who has lived their 20s in the inner city though, it’s an acquired taste that’s hard to replicate.

Having read the tell all interview he gave about his mental health challenges though (highly recommend) I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some different priorities going forward to what he’s maybe valued in the past.
Maybe he has realised that the Pinnacle is actually at Penrith?

Look I'm just saying no extra money on the cap but the club gets so much in poker machine money. If a company coincidently pops and builds a hipster cafe for him and his buddies it wouldn't be the worst use of money in the world. I'm sure some other Penrith players would regularly buy high priced lattes. It might not be super popular like in Bondi but there's probably a small niche for the kind of things he likes to an extent.

The club's so rich now those kind of things aren't that ridiculous with all that money if the club wanted it to happen.
Ja0.gif

Latest posts