What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
In his game last year in NRL I remember him being lightning fast and a weapon in attack but poor defense. But defens takes time to learn.

He was picked at centre but had been on the wing in NSW Cup.

Perfect for replacing Turuva but need some depth regardless

Kilkenny

Coach
On Papa I reckon 400- 450 gets him
Fairly significant pay cut.

No one generally enjoys pay cuts, most regardless of what occupation you are in is looking apt pay increases.

If I were him, I would be backing myself, to get back to somewhere near my best and look towards getting a three year deal on money similar to he is on now.

If he really is on $650k for season 2025 why wouldn’t you just stay with the Tigers and back your own ability.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dragons will go harder and he will want to start. Taylan will be an unknown for a while yet

I think we are better off locking in Alamoti longer term. And getting a couple of fringe guys to put pressure on and depth
The Taylan May situation may become a little clearer after his court appearance on the 28th May When we may know more about whether the alleged victim is supportive of pursuing the criminal proceedings.

kinghippo

Juniors
I would much prefer Angus, hopefully he and Martin hit it off in the blues squad and he comes to Penrith to play at the pinnacle.
Papali'i would look good on the bench.

Original Name

Juniors
@Blade23 Isaiah Papali'i? Suddenly he is free to enter the market. Timing!

What’s everyone’s opinion on him?
Even when he was killing it he was (relatively) lazy in defence. Even the year Eels made the gf people were giving them shit for the defence on their edges. More than the centres and wingers it comes down to a half going deep into the line near players like Papali'i because teams identified him as a target who sometimes wouldn't put in the extra effort to put pressure the half into playing earlier.

What he can do with the ball even at his height isn't worth that kind of stuff. Keeping players like that is like building a house on sand.

Iamback

Coach
The Taylan May situation may become a little clearer after his court appearance on the 28th May When we may know more about whether the alleged victim is supportive of pursuing the criminal proceedings.

That is just when he is mentioned. From there sentencing will start in Sept/Oct.

Talagi will be signed somewhere by then

maple_69

Bench
Like others Id be happy with the signing for around $500K. He would improve our edge for sure but he’s not in the tier of ‘replacing the quality of Fish’ like a Crichton potentially would. For that cash though, upgrading the front row or halves with a Willison, Weekes or Thompson could be possible which could get us back in the hunt and improve the balance of the 17 a bit.

Iamback

Coach
Like others Id be happy with the signing for around $500K. He would improve our edge for sure but he’s not in the tier of ‘replacing the quality of Fish’ like a Crichton potentially would. For that cash though, upgrading the front row or halves with a Willison, Weekes or Thompson could be possible which could get us back in the hunt and improve the balance of the 17 a bit.

Lets use the $950k for Fish that has been used.
May's cap we get back but that needs to be delayed before that is counted.

If the $600k for Papalli is correct.

Instead of looking at backs for $200k we can get a better one and improve the team as a whole

age.s

First Grade
Just on outside backs, Staines is the kind of signing we should be looking at:
Would come cheap
Known quantity to the club
Would be ok as backup/depth if May is retained
First grade quality if May is let go

As an aside, I really rate him defensively. Routinely makes good, quick decisions.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Bit off topic but I bet Teddy plays fullback game 1...blues will lose then Edwards will get thrown in game 2 and have a blinder.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
A couple of people asked about Trent Toelau. Higlights video just dropped. Keep in mind this is mostly from last year.

Looks like Cleary when he was younger.. little frame with a quick step and speed plus a sharp short kicking game. Would look alright as a fullback in afew years with more size.

I think Schnider should have first crack at the 6 with Nathan next year. Could easily have him running the ball more and he also has a good kicking game plus is a worker and doesn't give up.