What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cheese , Williams over Hunt every day of the week. I agree. But I thought with Finnucane retiring we could keep the whole band together.
It would also be outright dumb to lose another forward now when there is little to no chance of a half decent replacement. I'm convinced the Sharks are not even looking at anyone. TIT told me

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm not fussed on Hunt, really don't want to lose Williams and have no idea how much cap we have left to play with.
Not enough to let a player go. We still have to pay Dale till a medical retirement is approved by the NRL insurers and the NRL then make a decision on Dale's cap money this year and if it will be retropective to the date of retirement. The have to pay AFB from next year and that Dale 2025 money won't even cover half.

I'm not fussed on Hunt, really don't want to lose Williams and have no idea how much cap we have left to play with.
Hunt’s game against the Tigers was pretty ordinary. But depth in the pigs is really important. I just want him to stay for selfish depth reasons.

Anyone know what’s happening with Williams? Flanno still chasing him?

Not enough to let a player go. We still have to pay Dale till a medical retirement is approved by the NRL insurers and the NRL then make a decision on Dale's cap money this year and if it will be retropective to the date of retirement. The have to pay AFB from next year and that Dale 2025 money won't even cover half.
If I'm reading that correctly does that mean there's not much coin for Williams? When I said immediately in my original post I meant re-signing Williams and not letting Hunt go this season (not that I'd care if that were to happen).

Frenzy.

Immortal
If I'm reading that correctly does that mean there's not much coin for Williams? When I said immediately in my original post I meant re-signing Williams and not letting Hunt go this season (not that I'd care if that were to happen).
Not much but it was talked about on a podcast or other media that he will stay for less. I am confident he will.

Don't forget OK muddies the waters too with his mutual option.

I am talking end of year re Hunt.

He is 28, played just around 50 games and I doubt any were more then 30 minutes.

Compare that with Kaufisi who is 24 or 25.

It's a big difference, and if Souths want to pay what he is on and Fitz can get someone it might be well worth it

R-15-3

Bench
Looking at our 25 squad I can’t see us being able to keep all our current forwards and only swapping Finucan for AFB we will need to downgrade 1 or 2 for cheaper replacements. Especially if we can keep Iro and Sifa staying in the Pigs.