What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured player movements

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Srama has been told to look elsewhere by the Titans. He'd make a great back-up for Robbie. Not sure he'd want that role but I can't think of too many clubs where he'd be walking straight into the hooking role. Maybe the Raiders, but they've just bought that Pommy bloke.

Definitely worth a look at Srama for the right money on 1 year contract. Easily best Titans hooker and first grade quality. Origin plus possible Farah injury cover and maybe halfback cover. Cherrington is another year from ready IMO.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Blair has been the best by a long shot...he's been terrific. Woods has been ok but still doesn't give his all..Simona i can't work out but was glad to see him score his try today

I wlll say it again......Woods is an absolute plodder.

There are just very few quality props in the game at the moment to pick.

Matt Scott is the only quality prop in Australia.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If you want to go off statistics alone you will see Woods is no plodder.

He is bloody fantastic, especially as he is so young...give him 4 more years and he will be the best prop in the game.

TimmyB

Juniors
Woods is a gun, but I suspect Klemmer will be better. Bends the line back in a way Woodsy doesn't, which I think is whathisname's point. It has some truth, but he's still a fine prop nonetheless. Calling him a plodder and making comparisons with Galloway are outrageous.

That said, he still eats up big metres and plays the ball very quickly on occasion. When Hodkinson sliced through for the match winning try in origin, have a look at who took the previous hit up, who Queensland couldn't drag to ground, and who played the ball extremely quickly to ensure Queensland were backpeddling in defence.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Woods' biggest asset is the fact it takes 4 guys to constantly put him to ground. If he can get an offload away to teddy or Simona they burst straight up field.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Woods is far from rep quality. Serviceable first grader.
Got plenty of time to mature though being so young.
Lodge will be twice the player Woods is by season's end. Got an unlimited ceiling.

innsaneink

Referee
His defence is weak.
He has a habit of propping and turning at the line, backing into it...sometimes wish he'd just gun it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
When Hodkinson sliced through for the match winning try in origin, have a look at who took the previous hit up, who Queensland couldn't drag to ground, and who played the ball extremely quickly to ensure Queensland were backpeddling in defence.

Yeah true that! It was a solid hit up from Woodsy and it laid the platform for that try. The real unsung hero though was Hoffman. He was running like a devil at Cherry Evans all night and continually bowled over him like ge was a rag doll. When Hodkinson went to the line Hoffman ran a beautiful decoy and Cherry fell for it like a mofo, which open the gap for the dummy, slice through into history.

One of my favourite moments in sport.