What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason taylor

Bench
Where are we going to find a decent number 9 this late in the season???

The longer we are without a coach the more chance there is to lose players.

De Gois was being shopped around by the Sharks. Surely signing him on a 2 year deal would still be a better option than re-signing Keating.

Forty20

First Grade
De Gois was being shopped around by the Sharks. Surely signing him on a 2 year deal would still be a better option than re-signing Keating.

De Gois has been bog ordinary for the Sharks this year...their supporters can not wait to see the back of him. Ditto for Kingston at Penrith, although he would be a far cry better than De Gois.

If Peats does turn his back on us I would be looking at one of the following:

Kurt Baptiste, Beau Falloon, Pita Godinet, Kayne Lawton, Pat Politoni, Mitch Williams.

A few of them have a good amount of NRL experience but none would come with the expectation of playing the house down. However, they would be cheap (coming for the NRL gig) and should play well enough to warrant a place in firsts. We wouldn't get stuck committing unnecessary resources to our cap that will hurt us down the road and they should stick around long enough for us to 1) deem them worthy of an upgrade 2) give us time to assess if Pritchard or ZDC are viable long term options and 3) let us shop around for an established hooker when he is off-contract, if required.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed Forty. We're probably better off signing a couple if those young backups and use them both in the 17. That's a decent stop-gap option and they're all potential first graders.

And as you say, we have plenty of hooker talent in the 'academy' with Pritchard, Dockar-Clay and Lussick. At least one of them would have to become a first grader one day.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should go after Cameron king - but that is why we need to name a coach pretty quickly , so we can find out if peats is going or not and if he is, we can target king before he considers where to sign with the cowboys or not.

stuke

Bench
How long does a 'get out' clause last for?

I can understand Peats has other obligations at the moment but if he is activating it the club needs to know now and move on.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
How long does a 'get out' clause last for?

I can understand Peats has other obligations at the moment but if he is activating it the club needs to know now and move on.

I'm guessing Peats would want to know who the new coach is so he can make a decision.
For example, if Anderson is appointed coach he may exercise his get out clause because he doesn't have a plan. If JT is appointed he may want out as he might not like having cups of piss chucked over him, etc.

hindy111

Post Whore
So this is like Monopoly and having a get out of jail card? Cant we just let him roll the dice again or give him $200 to take out the clause?

TheRam

Coach
De Gois has been bog ordinary for the Sharks this year...their supporters can not wait to see the back of him. Ditto for Kingston at Penrith, although he would be a far cry better than De Gois.

If Peats does turn his back on us I would be looking at one of the following:

Kurt Baptiste, Beau Falloon, Pita Godinet, Kayne Lawton, Pat Politoni, Mitch Williams.

A few of them have a good amount of NRL experience but none would come with the expectation of playing the house down. However, they would be cheap (coming for the NRL gig) and should play well enough to warrant a place in firsts. We wouldn't get stuck committing unnecessary resources to our cap that will hurt us down the road and they should stick around long enough for us to 1) deem them worthy of an upgrade 2) give us time to assess if Pritchard or ZDC are viable long term options and 3) let us shop around for an established hooker when he is off-contract, if required.

Falloon is a really, really good hooker now and I don't think the Titans would ever dream of letting him go. Dare I say it, but so far in the game Falloon has achieved more then Peats and is the better player.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm guessing Peats would want to know who the new coach is so he can make a decision.
For example, if Anderson is appointed coach he may exercise his get out clause because he doesn't have a plan. If JT is appointed he may want out as he might not like having cups of piss chucked over him, etc.

Did Webster tell you that?

I heard from him that the reason Peats hasn't yet exercised his get out clause is because he actually enjoys that, and will stay as long as JT is coach. However Hayne has a strenuous objection to it, and will go to the Dogs if it happens.

At least that's what he told me on Tuesday, and guaranteed that he hadn't spoken to anyone else before me.

pedge

Juniors
Sorry OMC, who told you what and what is exactly Hayne's ultimatum?

and why would hayne object to JT being coach? He gave him his FG debut in his only time as the FG coach, I would figure he is in favour of the move....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts