What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Loose Cannon

Bench
So if he kicks on:

8. Saifiti 1
10. Thompson 1

15. Saifiti 2
16. Thompson 2

That’s gotta be a league first.
Probably so. Considering twins.

Positions aside, there has probably been a few double sets of brothers. But surely the best has to be starting 3 Hughes brothers and 3 Mortimer brothers in winning a grand final 1980. Doubt it will ever be “duplicated” or “triplicated“.

Yosh

Coach
So if he kicks on:

8. Saifiti 1
10. Thompson 1

15. Saifiti 2
16. Thompson 2

That’s gotta be a league first.
Could be

8. Thompson
10. Thompson

15. Saifiti
16. Saifiti

If Leo keeps improving and his brother is as good as Leo!! Good times nevertheless.

He spent two seasons in the Raiders’ Flegg side before signing with us. So that’s 4 years in league for a guy who’s only 23.

Has any union forward (who didn’t start playing league fresh out of high school) made the switch successfully to league?
Scott Gourley
Ray Price

PhilGould

Bench
Union backrowers are typically at least built similarly to league forwards, and even still we're going back 30 odd years to name success stories. Props/hookers is a different kettle of fish entirely.

First Grade
Union backrowers are typically at least built similarly to league forwards, and even still we're going back 30 odd years to name success stories. Props/hookers is a different kettle of fish entirely.
When I played Union in the Army, the second rowers in Union were always very tall as they were usually the jumpers in the lineouts. I played loose head prop at 187 cms and 110kg the second rowers were far bigger than me

Yosh

Coach
When I played Union in the Army, the second rowers in Union were always very tall as they were usually the jumpers in the lineouts. I played loose head prop at 187 cms and 110kg the second rowers were far bigger than me

I also played Union growing up and being the small zippy Asian kid, you lads all looked like you were 3m tall and at least 500kgs.

Alex28

Coach
Fox Sports are saying we have signed Wilson De Courcey from the Panthers suggesting he’s the one to take over from Gags in 2025.

Anyone know much about him?

aqua_duck

Coach
Fox Sports are saying we have signed Wilson De Courcey from the Panthers suggesting he’s the one to take over from Gags in 2025.

Anyone know much about him?
Seen bits and pieces of him in schoolboys and SG Ball highlights, plays fullback and centre, very good on his feet and has some pace. Interestingly in the Australian schoolboys team that recently went over to PNG he played right centre and the left centre Logan Aoake is one of our SG Ball kids though Aoake is more of a utility back.
Here are the highlights, both Decourcey and Aoake grabbed first half tries

Woody90

Juniors
Really happy with that price for Best. Tigers offered a lot more. It was really important that we kept him. He’s a Knight to the core and Gagai will be retiring soon.

Woody90

Juniors
More than happy to extend Gags providing his body is still going ok this season. His pass selection and ability to set up his winger is still sublime so we can afford for him to lose some speed, just his body starting to break down would be the issue. Old mate has played a lot of footy. Hopefully he’s happy to take a bit of a pay cut to stay on like Frizz.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Barry Toohey tweeted Rivett being looked at by SL clubs and Armstrong likely to leave too. Club is worried about interest in Sharpe and I have heard the interest in our new English lads is already huge. So we have our work cut out for us. Speculation for accumulation may have to the way we go to prevent another Dom situation.

Barry Toohey tweeted Rivett being looked at by SL clubs and Armstrong likely to leave too. Club is worried about interest in Sharpe and I have heard the interest in our new English lads is already huge. So we have our work cut out for us. Speculation for accumulation may have to the way we go to prevent another Dom situation.
I don't think I'd be too concerned if either of them left tbh