What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd take Merrin although on reduced coin, his experience would be invaluable to the young fellas, althougb he's not the explosive agro prop we need. Would offer Pangai Jnr an offer he cant refuse to not sign with the drongos and come back home. I'd also have a 3rd party in contact constantly in the ear of Kapow and Klemmer.

Yosh

Coach
I'd take Merrin although on reduced coin, his experience would be invaluable to the young fellas, althougb he's not the explosive agro prop we need. Would offer Pangai Jnr an offer he cant refuse to not sign with the drongos and come back home. I'd also have a 3rd party in contact constantly in the ear of Kapow and Klemmer.

Is Merrin actually available or is it just rumors he might be available because of the situation at the Panthers?

I'm not sure what kind of offer Pangai Jnr, Kapow or Klemmer are getting offered, but surely we can match it and more? I know offering overs feels crappy but what use is the money in the bank? It's there to be used right? We're not poor like we're used to be. As a fan I would be happy to see the club pay 1.5 times whatever the other clubs are offering if we can get Klemmer or Pangai Jnr...

Swarzey

Bench
He's not. There's rumours of him being moved on to alleviate cap pressure when their younger forwards come off contract; same with Tamou. At this point, whoever comes up in discussions is either under contract for next year and so on or their contract expires next year.

Sio is up for contract. Do we keep him?
I would but not on a lot of money. He's made mistakes but has been reasonably solid. Still our highest try scorer.
He's not a first grade kicker but has taken on the task when we have nobody else.
If we keep him I reckon it's as a reserves player that can step up when we are hit with injuries.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Sio is up for contract. Do we keep him?
I would but not on a lot of money. He's made mistakes but has been reasonably solid. Still our highest try scorer.
He's not a first grade kicker but has taken on the task when we have nobody else.
If we keep him I reckon it's as a reserves player that can step up when we are hit with injuries.

So we offer him scraps. But where do we spend the real money we have in the cap ffs?

Old dog

Juniors
We need experienced back up for reserves, Sio and to a lesser extent Denniss have that along with Ross they would play reserves and fill in for injuries, you bring in new, Ramien, Lee and virtually Moga you get rid of the likes of Allwood, Naden, Cronan etc you build up strength, but still look out for top player especially a goal kicker that will most likely cost money. We don't have a recognised goal kicker in 1sts or reserves, Ponga?

Yosh

Coach
If I was Sio, I would have spent every second that I wasn't training with the team, practicing goal kicking by myself. He'd make invaluable to the team if he was a 80% kicker. If he was kicking 1 or 2 more goals a game, that's the same as a try. Kurt was a shotty goal kicker but improved drastically. If Sio was a 80% plus goal kicker, he'd have to be in the team considering we have no kickers.

If I was Sio, I would have spent every second that I wasn't training with the team, practicing goal kicking by myself. He'd make invaluable to the team if he was a 80% kicker. If he was kicking 1 or 2 more goals a game, that's the same as a try. Kurt was a shotty goal kicker but improved drastically. If Sio was a 80% plus goal kicker, he'd have to be in the team considering we have no kickers.
And with a kicking coach.

PhilGould

Bench
Lino is a good little player in attack, it's a shame he can't tackle. Wouldn't have minded picking up Ryan Matterson.

Snikt

Juniors
What's everyone's thoughts on giving Pythian another chance?

Hes been carving up at 5/8 for Burleigh and we need halves depth

Frederick

Staff member
What's everyone's thoughts on giving Pythian another chance?

Hes been carving up at 5/8 for Burleigh and we need halves depth
Won't happen. Would make the club look like a laughing stock. It's unfortunate, but he knew the rules and was stupid enough to break them. The club has worked hard to change its image, resigning him won't help