What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
And 1/2, 5/8, Cogger gone at end of season, fans after Lambs blood and not signed, no one in lower grades stepping up, think it's more of two top line aggressive forwards a top centre or two and a half or two which could include Lamb

Payne Haas is apparently a Newcastle Junior whose family moved to Queensland in his early teens .similar to TPJ whose family moved to Canberra after Harold Matts. Imagine if they hung around then we wouldn't need to have thrown huge dollars at them.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd like to see us have a crack at Jamayne Isaako, fills a position of need (outside back) and can goal kick

Yosh

Coach
He's a natural fullback and I think has the ability to play centre but we do have a need on the wing as well as Ross isn't a winger and Sio is off contract and bog average

Not saying Sio is anything special but he has been really good since coming into the side. I think he and Ross have a good thing going. Not much in attack themselves but they are great in the kick chase, great under the highball and have a good combination with Ponga. Also, Sio is our new goal kicker now... Not the best but i hope he gets better!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Sio and Ponga really worry me as goal kickers. They both hook the ball way to much. I watched a YouTube vid of Pongas kicking from last year and most of the kicks that went through scraped inside the uprights due to it hooking so much.

macavity

Referee
Not sure how Sio is bog average. Safe as houses and scores the tries he should. Great value for money, we look much better with him in the side than Moga

If you take average to mean he is the mean, then he probably is the literal half way mark of wingers.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Exactly. Jason Nightingale has done his job for 10 plus years and Saints would never swap him. Rarely f**ks up and Sio is the same.

Nice balance to the bloke on the other wing...

Still Nutty

Juniors
Exactly. Jason Nightingale has done his job for 10 plus years and Saints would never swap him. Rarely f**ks up and Sio is the same.

Nice balance to the bloke on the other wing...
Not knocking Sio by this post (although I don’t rate him as highly as others do on here) but Nightingale is streets ahead of Sio in pretty much every way IMHO - he has rightly been a mainstay of the NZ national side for over a decade and is always one of their first picked and one of their most reliable performers.

For mine defensively he is one of the best readers/defenders in the game, he is a solid finisher and one of the most fiercely competitive players in the game. It is the intensity and capacity to come up with a big play in a clutch situation when his team needs it that puts him well ahead of Sio.

He is definitely at the back end of his career but a player I loathingly admire because he is one of those players that has delivered overs in his career more so through his competitive drive than his skills and raw ability as a football player

PhilGould

Bench
• Canberra’s Kangaroos prop Shannon Boyd is being chased by Newcastle and Gold Coast, with one offer worth $650,000 a season. However the Raiders say they won’t be pushed into making an inflated offer;

• Dragons have tabled an offer for enforcer Leeson Ah Mau and will meet with him this week to try and ward off interest from Newcastle and the New Zealand Warriors;

• Melbourne have offered a new deal to Maroons prop Tim Glasby, who has attracted interest from Canberra and Newcastle, as well as the Dragons if Au Mau leaves, although Penrith’s interest has waned. A decision is expected by the end of this week;

• Newcastle are unlikely to re-sign Queensland front-rower Jacob Lillyman

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/91756d245f5dfd60cde16f21db8983d3