What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Eh one good season doesn't change my opinion really. 6 months ago this forum would have been thrilled if we never saw him in 1st grade again.

Nothing against the guy, glad he's put in this year. Good luck in the UK.
Totally get that too. We could easily resign him for 3 years and he stinks next year and we’d be just as mad lol.

Yosh

Coach
Has had it pretty tough here for a couple of years due to his drop in form and having his dad be our major sponsor but good luck to him. Hopefully he can finish the season off with a bang.

We all still against the idea of bringing Sione back? I think he would be a great pick up for reasonable money. Great story there as well.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It could very well be a coincidence thing but he seems to play his best when his contract is coming up. His last decent season was the year he signed on with us. He's not alone there as there have been others that start putting in when it's a contract year. The saf brothers are perfect examples of this.

macavity

Referee
We are stupid to be signing Jed Cartwright and letting Fitz go. He would surely have stayed for unders, and he still has a lot to give - can mount a strong argument he is hitting his prime.

He will carve in the UK if he stays injury free.

Old dog

Juniors
Think he might have wanted to test himself elsewhere with being the son of the sponsor and also not wanting to play against us.
In ESL he can play to his ability and be appreciated, hope he does very well and has 3 years injury free and enjoys the change

perverse

Referee
Fitz will do a lot better over there and probably look like a world beater if he plays his best footy. I don't think he's been magnificent or irreplaceable even this year, but it's the best footy he's played for us for a long time.

I wish him well, and am glad I don't have to endure anymore of his not off contract footy.

Yosh

Coach
We are stupid to be signing Jed Cartwright and letting Fitz go. He would surely have stayed for unders, and he still has a lot to give - can mount a strong argument he is hitting his prime.

He will carve in the UK if he stays injury free.

Is Jed coming as Fitzy's direct replacement? For me personally, I don't think Fitzy is good enough to be a starting backrower in a premiership wining side? Let's say he was on a minimum contract and that allowed us to sign SBW on the other side, then I'd keep him. Fitzy going isn't going to make any difference to the side, let's be honest.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Is Jed coming as Fitzy's direct replacement? For me personally, I don't think Fitzy is good enough to be a starting backrower in a premiership wining side? Let's say he was on a minimum contract and that allowed us to sign SBW on the other side, then I'd keep him. Fitzy going isn't going to make any difference to the side, let's be honest.
No, Jed is a replacement for Jack Johns.

slotmachine

First Grade
Toohey goes through the top 30 for next year in his article today

Signed
1 Adam Elliott
2 Bradman Best
3 Dane Gagai
4 Daniel Saifiti
5 Dylan Lucas
6 Greg Marzhew
7 Jack Hetherington
8 Jackson Hastings
9 Jacob Saifiti
10 Jayden Brailey
11 Kai Pearce-Paul
12 Kalyn Ponga
13 Krystian Mapapalangi
14 Lachlan Miller
15 Leo Thompson
16 Mathew Croker
17 Myles Martin
18 Oryn Keeley
19 Paul Bryan
20 Phoenix Crossland
21 Ryan Rivett
22 Toni Tupouniua
23 Tyson Gamble
24 Will Pryce

Likely Signings
25 Tyson Frizell
26 Jed Cartwright
27 Adam Pompey
28 Enari Tuala

Off Contract
Adam Clune
Bailey Hodgson
Brodie Jones
Dane Aukafolau
Hymel Hunt
Jack Johns
Kurt Mann

Leaving
Dominic Young
Lachlan Fitzgibbon
Simi Sasagi

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Glass half full- lots of talented juniors coming through.

Glass half empty- the club can’t manage its salary cap, so a third of our top 30 has 8 games of NRL experience between them.

Knight Tales

Juniors
How much longer do we have to carry Miller in NSW cup for probably 500k? 2 more years?
That is going to take some serious negotiating to fix that one. Superleague perhaps? SL clubs are more selective these days though. There was a time it was free for all but not anymore. They usually go for established and experienced first graders.

Latest posts